Applying?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying?

Unregistered

Applying?

What is work like? Miami office specifically. And what do your powers limit you to doing? (Traffic stops?) hours? Overtime? Off duties? Uniform or plainclothes?

Unregistered
    I heard miami has been in the spotlight lately. Anyone care to dish?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is work like? Miami office specifically. And what do your powers limit you to doing? (Traffic stops?) hours? Overtime? Off duties? Uniform or plainclothes?
    You will be enforcing the Beverage Law (561-569 and 210, F.S.) We regulate the alcoholic beverage and tobacco industries. That is our statutorily mandated mission and thank goodness we have the leadership not afraid to return us there. Florida Statute 20.165 defines our power and responsibility. Work is investigatory and plainclothes. There is no overtime to speak of. Off-Duty details are available in most areas. We don't do traffic and have no traffic authority. If you still have the desire to be a door kicker or consider yourself to be an operator, you should look elsewhere.

Unregistered
    I'll keep this simple. Don't do it.

Unregistered
    I concur! Refer to Crazy Town thread if your still in the dark! This is the norm here! Enjoy!

Unregistered
    Any incentive for specialize training and experience; swat, FTO, CPA, and does abt have jusirdistion on ports and cruise lines?

Unregistered
    Any incentive for specialize training and experience; swat, FTO, CPA, and does abt have jusirdistion on ports and cruise lines?
    By "incentives" do you mean pay? The answer is no. You can apply with FTO, SWAT, K9, MBA and any other possible credentials and certifications and coat that with 20 years of experience and it doesn't change your pay. You will start at the minimum rate. This isn't a traditional law enforcement agency. This is a regulatory agency. You can tell your FTO about your FTO experience if you like. We have jurisdiction where a beverage license exists. Do we go on cruises to enforce beverage law? Nope. The restaurant at the port may have a license, but the "port" doesn't. You do get the normal incentive pay that everyone in the state gets. As you may know, it is capped at 130 a month.

Unregistered
    But you guys are state LEOs with full arrest authority for every law with the exception of 316 right?

Unregistered
    But you guys are state LEOs with full arrest authority for every law with the exception of 316 right?
    Authority and responsibility are very different. Take a look at 20.165, F.S. for a detailed explanation.

Unregistered
    extra duty details are being capped and pay is lowest in all of Dade can’t afford to live anywhere but Camillus House

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast