Scott Israel REMOVED!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    So, the Senate renders a political decision not based upon evidence [they ignored their own appointed Special Master]. The floodgates are now open. Any group of well-to-do people with an ax to grind can have any elected official suspended for no supportable reason. Good to know. I'm sure that the Democrats will remember this when they hold the Governorship and the Senate. Perhaps the other 1.96 million people in Broward County will remember it as well.

So another chapter in the checkered history of the Broward Sheriff's Office comes to a close. Ho hum.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, the Senate renders a political decision not based upon evidence [they ignored their own appointed Special Master]. The floodgates are now open. Any group of well-to-do people with an ax to grind can have any elected official suspended for no supportable reason. Good to know. I'm sure that the Democrats will remember this when they hold the Governorship and the Senate. Perhaps the other 1.96 million people in Broward County will remember it as well.

So another chapter in the checkered history of the Broward Sheriff's Office comes to a close. Ho hum.
    So basically you watched none of the coverage on Monday or today nor read anything having to do with the case. GTFA.

Unregistered
    So basically you watched none of the coverage on Monday or today nor read anything having to do with the case. GTFA.
    No kidding. These idiots just repeating the same shit over and over.

Goodlette: “it was very, very close”

What an Israel supporter hears: “Scott Israel did absolutely nothing wrong”

Unregistered

Yep typical dems with their incorrect, unsubstantiated talking points (i.e., lies). Yawn.

Unregistered
    I actually READ the Goodlette report. He categorically stated that the Governor had NOT proven his case against Israel. In a court of law, that is essentially a directed verdict of acquittal. I have also seen the timelines put together by media and other entities. I did not bother to watch much of the general session, because NOTHING new could have been presented there, which was not previously presented. And, the Senate was going to make whatever decision it had already decided to make.

Now, what happened today is that the Senate made a POLITICAL decision to uphold the suspension. They did it in spite of the findings of their own Special Master. And, from what I saw, they tried to justify it through some really lame arguments. What they did, though, is uphold the precedent to rubber stamp any suspension made by the Governor, whether evidence exists that it was warranted. Get it? Every elected official in the state is now in danger of being suspended and removed from office through a baseless suspension for political purposes. It could get interesting, if we end up with a Democrat Governor and a Democrat legislature.

Unregistered
    Bye-bye LOSER!
    https://youtu.be/fWXFCxsxL5k

Unregistered

Remember something about Goodlette. He was a partisan Republican judging a the action of a Republican governor. Under those circumstances, he would be very lenient in any criticism of the governor or his actions. However, when all was said and done, he categorically stated that the governor had not proven his case against Israel. Now, this means that the Governor 1) was incompetent or 2) never had the evidence to support his charges to begin with. Take your choice, an incompetent boob or a liar.

Now, I never said that Israel did not do anything wrong, with regards to the handling of both the FLHIA and the MSDHS shooting. What I maintained, and what Goodlette implied, was that any failings of Sheriff Israel which occurred were not sufficient to warrant suspension, let alone removal from office. What the anti-Israel people fail to mention is that neither of the shootings was the fault of the Sheriff or BSO. The entire case against Israel, presented by the Governor, revolved around the actions of his agency AFTER the shootings were all over. And, in neither case was oit shown that these actions caused any deaths or significant injury.

Now, let's see the 1% of the population in Broward County, who live in Parkland, get the Governor to suspend the remaiing members of the BCSB who were responsible for allowing the Parkland shooting to occur.

Unregistered
    I actually READ the Goodlette report. He categorically stated that the Governor had NOT proven his case against Israel. In a court of law, that is essentially a directed verdict of acquittal. I have also seen the timelines put together by media and other entities. I did not bother to watch much of the general session, because NOTHING new could have been presented there, which was not previously presented. And, the Senate was going to make whatever decision it had already decided to make.

Now, what happened today is that the Senate made a POLITICAL decision to uphold the suspension. They did it in spite of the findings of their own Special Master. And, from what I saw, they tried to justify it through some really lame arguments. What they did, though, is uphold the precedent to rubber stamp any suspension made by the Governor, whether evidence exists that it was warranted. Get it? Every elected official in the state is now in danger of being suspended and removed from office through a baseless suspension for political purposes. It could get interesting, if we end up with a Democrat Governor and a Democrat legislature.
    NOT worried about it at all. Like you always say, the chances of a mass shooting are so remote, it's not worth worrying about. You were right. It's highly unlikely that any event will make it to the senate again. Besides, almost all other disgraced deputies who consider themselves Captains of the ship do resign when their department falls short. Plus, even if it did get out of hand, if THIS was a close call, then most cases would fizzle out much earlier. This pretty much clears ALL of the fired deputies. So, it's all good.

Unregistered
    NOT worried about it at all. Like you always say, the chances of a mass shooting are so remote, it's not worth worrying about. You were right. It's highly unlikely that any event will make it to the senate again. Besides, almost all other disgraced deputies who consider themselves Captains of the ship do resign when their department falls short. Plus, even if it did get out of hand, if THIS was a close call, then most cases would fizzle out much earlier. This pretty much clears ALL of the fired deputies. So, it's all good.
    Now you are spinning.

Yes, it is extremely unlikely that a mass school shooting will happen in Florida in the next few years. But, it could well happen, because no school system has increased the security at local schools beyond that in place at MSDHS on the day of the shooting. And, if you accept that a mass school shooting is such an incredibly rare event that it can safely be ignored, then how can you hold the Sheriff accountable for it?

Yeah, I heard the "Captain of the Ship" BS today. So, how many Mayors, County Commissioners, School Boards, or GOVENORS resign if one of their employees fouls up? About as many as we have mass school shootings in Florida in a decade.

Finally, it does NOT clear any of the fired deputies. All were fired for not performing up to departmental standards. They did not violate the policy, with regard to responding to a mass shooting, as it was a may, not shall policy. Even Peterson's performance did not violate that policy. By inference, then it is impossible to say that Israel promulgated a defective policy, when it mirrors virtually every other LEA's policy on mass shootings. Yet, Israel is gone. I'm thrilled that I am out of the profession. Today, it does not matter if you are guilty of a violation, if it serves public opinion, you are history. Good luck, y'all.

Unregistered
    Bye-bye LOSER!
    Ok
    You must be happy you fat pig so
    You can keep wearing your pants down and stupid beard and you won’t have to lose weight you fat pig! STFU you non cop!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast