Retired LCSO Major Carmen Mckinney asks Carmine to Step Down
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Retired LCSO Major Carmen Mckinney asks Carmine to Step Down

By: WFTX Digital Team

LEE COUNTY, Fla. — A former Major with the Lee County Sheriff's Office is calling for Sheriff Carmine Marceno to step down.

Carmen McKinney wrote a letter to the Sheriff, dated October 1st asking Marceno to step down.

McKinney says Marceno's actions involving a female victim who claimed he abused his power and falsified applications about his work history are violations of the standards of conduct.

McKinney says if Marceno fails to honor the request, the request will be made public.

McKinney also stated his intent is not to destroy Marceno's reputation, but to protect the integrity of the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

In a letter to media, McKinney states those in public offices have accountability to the cities they serve, and those in leadership positions have even higher accountability.

Unregistered

And the hits just keep on coming!

The momentum is building.

Unregistered
    Blah blah blah, another person promised a job and Leavens supporter. Didn’t McKinney get let go from Mosquito Control. All these people have spoken to Leavens or met up with him in person.

Unregistered

Call to action

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Where are you?

Interim Sheriff Carmine Marceno stands accused of building a relationship with a female that reported a crime to the Lee County Sheriffs Office. There is substantial evidence that Marceno used his police authority to make contact with the female victim and to formulate a personal relationship. There is clear evidence that these events took place from his official capacity with the use of his issued governmental phone, use of his official vehicle, and in some cases being on duty. Text messages between the victim and Marceno clearly offers more evidence of the formulation of the relationship. The victim adds in the FDLE investigative report that there are other females that have been subject to this type of treatment. Further, Marceno is accused of falsifying his application at the Lee County Sheriffs Office by omitting to answer the basic question relating to his employment status as being a full time or part time Park Ranger in the State of New York. This work status is directly related to his certification as a police officer in the State of Florida. An act of omission in this type of application is the same as an act of commission.

When questioned, Marceno’s answers with the one escape statement deemed acceptable and always expected, IT IS POLITICAL. Previous members of the Sheriffs Office could not rely on such an argument and were disciplined for this type of conduct including discharge from the agency and termination of their law enforcement certification.
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) conducted a criminal investigation into reported threats made toward the victim by Marceno. The conclusion reached by FDLE, “it was determined the information provided did not constitute a criminal predicate that would warrant a criminal investigation by FDLE at this time”. Marceno believes that he has been justified and the reported event now is behind him. However, there is one obligation that FDLE and the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission (CJSTC) are mandated to consider, and that obligation is one of professional conduct. This requires an administrative investigation. These administrative investigations are similar to those types of investigations conducted by Internal Affairs at the Lee County Sheriffs Office and occurs when members are being accused of violations that are not criminal in nature and are more related to rules and regulations which in some cases addresses professional conduct. These types of administrative investigations, if substantiated, can lead to sanctions including temporary suspension of the law enforcement certification or the total removal of the law enforcement certification of the police officer.

This leads me to the question, Where Are You?

Where are the churches, the business community, the politicians, the members of the law enforcement community and the citizens of Lee County? Should we not demand and expect those that have political positions maintain ethical and moral standards to the offices that they have been entrusted to?

Where is the free press that in the past would actually challenge this conduct, investigate this conduct, and question this conduct? At one point in history, it was the free press that protected the community and held those in public office to a higher standard. They have failed.

I end with this. Those that are in public offices have an accountability to the citizens that they serve and those that are in leadership of a public office have even a higher accountability; not only to the public but to those employees that are part of that public office. The first step in corruption is the decay of moral and ethical standards. It is the pathway that will get you there. If this conduct goes unchallenged you will have opened that pathway. I for one, respectfully ask Interim Sheriff Carmine Marceno to step down and remove himself from office. I hope and pray that others will have the courage to join me in this request.

Carmen L McKinney
    Major (Retired)
    Lee County Sheriff Office

Unregistered

Mike Fox off his meds again

Mike Fox is trolling those who tell the truth about Carmine Marceno.

Unregistered

A pattern has formed here

When facts about Carmine Marceno atrocious acts, flaunting his money, rich contacts, sex with crime victim, intimidation tactics are met with filthy responses that do not address issues.

Carmine and his CRU are a plague in the LCSO. I am ashamed to be a member and NO I will not quit, I will stay and seek to make things better.

Unregistered

Leave Carmine

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When facts about Carmine Marceno atrocious acts, flaunting his money, rich contacts, sex with crime victim, intimidation tactics are met with filthy responses that do not address issues.

Carmine and his CRU are a plague in the LCSO. I am ashamed to be a member and NO I will not quit, I will stay and seek to make things better.
    That is the spirit that built the professional LCSO. It is time for a change at the top leadership of the LCSO. Carmine Marceno is degrading the agency, the uniform and the badge of those that are working hard everyday and night. Leave as soon as possible before more destruction takes place.

Unregistered
    Which uniform? He wears so many... SWAT, CERT or his normal uniform.

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Where are you?

Interim Sheriff Carmine Marceno stands accused of building a relationship with a female that reported a crime to the Lee County Sheriffs Office. There is substantial evidence that Marceno used his police authority to make contact with the female victim and to formulate a personal relationship. There is clear evidence that these events took place from his official capacity with the use of his issued governmental phone, use of his official vehicle, and in some cases being on duty. Text messages between the victim and Marceno clearly offers more evidence of the formulation of the relationship. The victim adds in the FDLE investigative report that there are other females that have been subject to this type of treatment. Further, Marceno is accused of falsifying his application at the Lee County Sheriffs Office by omitting to answer the basic question relating to his employment status as being a full time or part time Park Ranger in the State of New York. This work status is directly related to his certification as a police officer in the State of Florida. An act of omission in this type of application is the same as an act of commission.

When questioned, Marceno’s answers with the one escape statement deemed acceptable and always expected, IT IS POLITICAL. Previous members of the Sheriffs Office could not rely on such an argument and were disciplined for this type of conduct including discharge from the agency and termination of their law enforcement certification.
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) conducted a criminal investigation into reported threats made toward the victim by Marceno. The conclusion reached by FDLE, “it was determined the information provided did not constitute a criminal predicate that would warrant a criminal investigation by FDLE at this time”. Marceno believes that he has been justified and the reported event now is behind him. However, there is one obligation that FDLE and the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission (CJSTC) are mandated to consider, and that obligation is one of professional conduct. This requires an administrative investigation. These administrative investigations are similar to those types of investigations conducted by Internal Affairs at the Lee County Sheriffs Office and occurs when members are being accused of violations that are not criminal in nature and are more related to rules and regulations which in some cases addresses professional conduct. These types of administrative investigations, if substantiated, can lead to sanctions including temporary suspension of the law enforcement certification or the total removal of the law enforcement certification of the police officer.

This leads me to the question, Where Are You?

Where are the churches, the business community, the politicians, the members of the law enforcement community and the citizens of Lee County? Should we not demand and expect those that have political positions maintain ethical and moral standards to the offices that they have been entrusted to?

Where is the free press that in the past would actually challenge this conduct, investigate this conduct, and question this conduct? At one point in history, it was the free press that protected the community and held those in public office to a higher standard. They have failed.

I end with this. Those that are in public offices have an accountability to the citizens that they serve and those that are in leadership of a public office have even a higher accountability; not only to the public but to those employees that are part of that public office. The first step in corruption is the decay of moral and ethical standards. It is the pathway that will get you there. If this conduct goes unchallenged you will have opened that pathway. I for one, respectfully ask Interim Sheriff Carmine Marceno to step down and remove himself from office. I hope and pray that others will have the courage to join me in this request.

Carmen L McKinney
    Major (Retired)
    Lee County Sheriff Office
    Now a days, they call this Fake-News, and starting with the president, he has shamed the media and has chilled their speech, which is the birth of communism, go to a communist country and if you espouse views that are antithetical to those of the government, you will be dealt with to include loss of life ... The media it seems have sold out because this criminal enterprise buys their inactions by purchasing adds from their stations with the understanding that they wont air anything
    that's negative to their cause.

FDLE, sadly does as the Governor wants, and it should be a position, that is won by election, so that FDLE, would have no interference from anyone !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast