Rules committee votes to recommend removal of Scott Israel - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A vote straight down party lines, for the most part, hands the next election to Israel. And it makes the Republican Party look every bit as dirty as Democrats. Oh Well, so much for the rule of law with the Republicans. I think this will damage them more politically as a party than anything else they’ve done. And it’s gloves off on all elected Sheriff’s based on what a deputy does from this point forward, if they continue this madness on Wednesday.

The only election I’m interested in at this point is the one where we un-elect Ron DeSantis.
    Oh yeah, here we go with the “rule of law” guy. Give me a break, your honor. If it was as clear as you think it was a Broward judge would have reinstated Israel a long time ago.

Your political analysis is about as sound as your legal analysis. Exactly zero conservatives are losing sleep over this gun grabbing moron losing his job for being incompetent. This issue is a big net win for DeSantis and if Broward Democrats were smart (big IF there) they would wash their hands of Scott Israel.

Unregistered
    It's definitely not over yet! I agree. If this Wednesday vote is along party lines, Scott Israel wins the election easily next year. The Republican senators are very dirty and doing the same thing that the dirty Democrats are trying to do to President Trump.

The Parkland families are not blaming the maniac with the gun or the cowardly cop! They are not being fair or rational. You can't blame Scott Israel for those murders. If those senators had an employee who committed terrible crimes like murder, under their supervision, should they be removed from office? Every Republican senator would say "no" in private. They are hypocrites! Scott Israel will be back regardless. It's just a matter of time.

Unregistered
    “Still not a win for Israel” is putting it very lightly because it was a loss. Party lines is a loss for Mr. Israel. The FL senate is 23-17. Israel needed the rules committee to agree with Goodlette. As it stands now republicans basically have a green light to vote party line especially with the mob of foaming at the mouth anti Scott Israel people that are up there for this.
    This is politics. The Republicans really do not want to throw DeSantis under the bus and find against him. Before the Goodlette finding, it was all but assured that the Republican Senate would side with DeSantis. Goodlette changes the odds of that to about 50/50.

Now, today was a small group of politicians sitting in a small room with a large number of anti-Israel spectators. Wednesday will be the entire Senate in the main chamber. There is room for positions to change and votes to swing. If this was a court case, it would have been decided in favor of Israel weeks ago. So, while not a win for Israel, it was not the end of the matter. Wednesday will be interesting.

Unregistered
    It's definitely not over yet! I agree. If this Wednesday vote is along party lines, Scott Israel wins the election easily next year. The Republican senators are very dirty and doing the same thing that the dirty Democrats are trying to do to President Trump.

The Parkland families are not blaming the maniac with the gun or the cowardly cop! They are not being fair or rational. You can't blame Scott Israel for those murders. If those senators had an employee who committed terrible crimes like murder, under their supervision, should they be removed from office? Every Republican senator would say "no" in private. They are hypocrites! Scott Israel will be back regardless. It's just a matter of time.
    Oh Roz. Give it a break. Load up your damn bus and go back to where you stay.

Unregistered
    Oh yeah, here we go with the “rule of law” guy. Give me a break, your honor. If it was as clear as you think it was a Broward judge would have reinstated Israel a long time ago.

Your political analysis is about as sound as your legal analysis. Exactly zero conservatives are losing sleep over this gun grabbing moron losing his job for being incompetent. This issue is a big net win for DeSantis and if Broward Democrats were smart (big IF there) they would wash their hands of Scott Israel.
    In a nutshell.

Unregistered
    This is politics. The Republicans really do not want to throw DeSantis under the bus and find against him. Before the Goodlette finding, it was all but assured that the Republican Senate would side with DeSantis. Goodlette changes the odds of that to about 50/50.

Now, today was a small group of politicians sitting in a small room with a large number of anti-Israel spectators. Wednesday will be the entire Senate in the main chamber. There is room for positions to change and votes to swing. If this was a court case, it would have been decided in favor of Israel weeks ago. So, while not a win for Israel, it was not the end of the matter. Wednesday will be interesting.
    Any other insights you'd care to share? Sooo... thought provoking. Any opinion on Dancing with the Stars? What are the Kardashians up to?

Unregistered

Not my post, but you are wrong, a judge could not have reinstated Israel. This is a quasi-judicial process which is handled by the Senate under the Constitution. The SCOF has ruled that the judiciary has NO authority in this matter.

Now, if the suspension stands, it will open the door to the political suspension for almost any sitting elected official, by the governor. And, if a Republican governor can do this, then so can a Democrat. There are a lot of elected officials sweating right now. We'll see what politics are in play on Wednesday. It could go either way.

Unregistered
    Any other insights you'd care to share? Sooo... thought provoking. Any opinion on Dancing with the Stars? What are the Kardashians up to?
    I'm not making ANY predictions. I never have. In my opinion, this could still go either way, largely because of the Goodlette report. So, I wouldn't be picking out new furniture for your existing or possible future office in the PSB. Wait until the vote on Wednesday. Then we can be pretty certain that Israel will not be reinstated as sheriff. Of course, it will not keep him from running for sheriff in 2020. So, it is still not over.

Unregistered
    Wasn't it you who said that the chances of an event like MSD are slim.... ? So, there you have it. Chances are, most of the other Sheriff's will be just fine. It's unlikely that there will be another catastrophic event of this magnitude right? or have you changed your mind since the outcome of the senate's decision isn't going your way?

Ron DeSantis picked a lousy replacement for Sheriff, but other than that, he's the MAN!!!!

DeSantis all the way!
    Be careful what you wish for.

Unregistered
    Not my post, but you are wrong, a judge could not have reinstated Israel. This is a quasi-judicial process which is handled by the Senate under the Constitution. The SCOF has ruled that the judiciary has NO authority in this matter.

Now, if the suspension stands, it will open the door to the political suspension for almost any sitting elected official, by the governor. And, if a Republican governor can do this, then so can a Democrat. There are a lot of elected officials sweating right now. We'll see what politics are in play on Wednesday. It could go either way.
    A judge absolutely could have reinstated Israel if he found the governor didn’t have any ground to stand on. Why else would team Israel file the court case but to get him reinstated?

The rest of your post is just fear mongering. The governor has had this power and exercised it in the past. My suggestion to future elected officials is to not be an incompetent and bumbling idiot.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast