Dogs at the SAB?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Dogs at the SAB?

I work at the SAB and a civilian employee brings her dog to the office, I’m so allergic and actively have to avoid the area which isn’t a big deal. I’m just worried that this will become something that everyone will want to do.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I work at the SAB and a civilian employee brings her dog to the office, I’m so allergic and actively have to avoid the area which isn’t a big deal. I’m just worried that this will become something that everyone will want to do.
    You’re full of crap too. Nice try.

Unregistered
    This is true, the employee has an emotional support animal "service dog" which she did not tell anyone about untill after she was hired. The dog smells like, well a dog and cigarette smoke so she should do a better job of keeping the animal clean.

Unregistered
    This is true, the employee has an emotional support animal "service dog" which she did not tell anyone about untill after she was hired. The dog smells like, well a dog and cigarette smoke so she should do a better job of keeping the animal clean.
    You should be ashamed of yourselves. The employee is a disabled veteran with a Service Dog, not an “emotional support” animal.

Unregistered
    The dog probably smells better than you. But while we’re on the topic can we get the dog a load bearing vest so it doesn’t have back and hip problems???

Unregistered
    You should be ashamed of yourselves. The employee is a disabled veteran with a Service Dog, not an “emotional support” animal.
    Please educate me on the difference between the Service dog and emotional support anima/dog. This does not have anything to do with being a Veteran, or disabled Veteran. A lot of us served and do not need to be padded on the back. The employee does not have any visible physical issues and PTSD is emotional or mental first which can lead to violence. The OP had a legitimate question.

Unregistered
    Please educate me on the difference between the Service dog and emotional support anima/dog. This does not have anything to do with being a Veteran, or disabled Veteran. A lot of us served and do not need to be padded on the back. The employee does not have any visible physical issues and PTSD is emotional or mental first which can lead to violence. The OP had a legitimate question.
    A Service Dog is trained to perform a medical task. An emotional support animal is not trained to task. The employee does not need to display any physical disabilities to be disabled. The list of physical ailments that are not visible is extensive. It’s disrespectful and ignorant to assume the employee’s medical needs.

Unregistered
    I can’t even believe I am reading this. This is the most absurd, ignorant, and uneducated post I have seen. I don’t even know where to start. Let’s first get this straight that because you can’t “see” a disability doesn’t mean a person doesn’t have one. PTSD is considered the “invisible” disability. If she was missing a leg and had a service dog, would it upset you that she had a service dog? PTSD is a disability that affects the entire body and mind and because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exists. Why do you think we have such high suicidal rates with veterans? Or even first responders? By you attacking this woman doesn’t help anyone who has mental health issues come out and seek help.

Let’s also have some respect that this person you are speaking about served. I am sure this isn’t her way of getting that “pat” on the back. Just because other veterans there don’t have a service dog does not mean that she doesn’t need it or that she doesn’t deserve it. Everyone deals with things differently or have gone through differences experiences.

And to clarify what the differences are between a service dog and an “emotional” support dog. A service dog is specially trained to perform a function or job, for an owner who has a physical, intellectual, or emotional disability. These dogs are trained and are not just someone’s pet. I know you must think that she’s not blind, why does she need a service dog? Well, the dog can provide a sense of security, decreases cortisol in the body which causes stress, provides self sufficiency, confidence, and help with sleep. A service dog is also protected by the ADA. An emotional support dog, is not protected by the ADA, and they are untrained animals that provide a person with comfort. That’s your difference. Don’t be worried about others wanting to follow suit. They won’t be allowed unless it is a certified service animal not their pet. Educate yourself people and have some respect. No wonder kids are getting bullied at school or online, their parents continue to do it. And if you’re allergic to dogs, take a Claritin and you’ll be fine. If you’re deathly allergic to it, I don’t believe you. I can’t see that disability, so you must be lying.

Unregistered
    If everyone wants a disability then they could get a service dog. Idiots.

Unregistered
    I can’t even believe I am reading this. This is the most absurd, ignorant, and uneducated post I have seen. I don’t even know where to start. Let’s first get this straight that because you can’t “see” a disability doesn’t mean a person doesn’t have one. There are several disabilities that you can’t see including PTSD, which is considered the “invisible” disability. If she was missing a leg and had a service dog, would it still upset you? And if she does have PTSD, do you think belittling her issues or humiliating her is the way to go? Why do you think we have such high suicidal rates with veterans? Or even first responders? There are medical issues you can’t always see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast