Dogs at the SAB? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Also have some respect that this person you are speaking about served. Just because other veterans there don’t have a service dog does not mean that she doesn’t need it. Everyone deals with things differently or have gone through different experiences. Maybe she has a traumatic brain injury that causes seizures ? Who knows what the issue could be and guess what? It’s none of your business. No one comes up to you and asks you what is medically wrong with you! Unfortunately she has a service dog that stands out and shows that there is something medically wrong. And I am so happy she has one to protect herself. It’s just like a diabetic person having an insulin pump medically attached to them to help detect low insulin. The dog detects a medical issue for her.

And to clarify what the differences are between a service dog and an “emotional” support dog. A service dog is specially trained to perform a function or job, for an owner who has a physical, intellectual, or emotional disability. These dogs are trained. I know you must think that she’s not blind, why does she need a service dog? Well, the dog can detect certain medical conditions and alert them, assist with certain daily activities, provide a sense of security, decrease cortisol in the body which causes stress, help with confidence in public settings, and even help with sleep. A service dog is also protected by the ADA. An emotional support dog, is not protected by the ADA, and they are untrained animals that provide a person with comfort/companionship. That’s your difference. Don’t be worried about others wanting to follow suit. They won’t be allowed to bring one aka their pet into the workplace unless it is a certified SERVICE animal. Educate yourself people and have some respect. No wonder kids are getting bullied at school or online, their parents continue to do it. And if you’re allergic to dogs, take a Claritin and you’ll be fine. If you’re deathly allergic to it, I don’t believe you. I can’t see that disability, so you must be lying.

Unregistered
    Give the whole “served” thing a rest. Not every job in the military is combat. And PTSD is a real thing, but give me a break. Service dogs used to be for people who were blind or had significant issues and the dogs were legitimately trained to do something. Today people slap a red vest on a Pekingese and boom, service dog. It’s BS most of the time. Comfort pet my ass.

Unregistered
    Most cops have ptsd too. Let the person have the dog and worry about you

Unregistered
    How do you know she wasn’t in combat? You don’t. You don’t even know if it is PTSD. She could have a significant issue like you said. You don’t know. You are judging her without even knowing the facts. And it isn’t some yorkie or rat dog, it’s a trained German Shepard. She wouldn’t have a service dog if she didn’t have a legitimate medical issue. I don’t get it. If it doesn’t affect you, why do you even care so much? Yet another example of people needing to mind their business.

Unregistered
    People are just awful anymore. You’re literally poking fun at and criticizing someone with a disability. If you don’t believe she has a disability or classify PTSD as a disability that’s okay. There is a reason you’re not a medical professional and your sitting on Leoaffairs.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How do you know she wasn’t in combat? You don’t. You don’t even know if it is PTSD. She could have a significant issue like you said. You don’t know. You are judging her without even knowing the facts. And it isn’t some yorkie or rat dog, it’s a trained German Shepard. She wouldn’t have a service dog if she didn’t have a legitimate medical issue. I don’t get it. If it doesn’t affect you, why do you even care so much? Yet another example of people needing to mind their business.
    You know why they care so much? Because they are some of the most self centered, ego-maniacal back stabbing assholes to ever walk the earth. All you assholes *****ing and moaning ONLY need to know two things:

#1 - employee is ex-military (thank you for your service).
    #2 - employee NEEDS a SERVICE dog (END of discussion).

Quit be judgemental ****heads and go about your business.

Unregistered
    Give the whole “served” thing a rest. Not every job in the military is combat. And PTSD is a real thing, but give me a break. Service dogs used to be for people who were blind or had significant issues and the dogs were legitimately trained to do something. Today people slap a red vest on a Pekingese and boom, service dog. It’s BS most of the time. Comfort pet my ass.
    Deputy’s badges used to be for people who didn’t *****, just did their job. There was no whining about small hands unable to grasp a full sized Glock; weak arms unable to handle .45s recoil; tiny waists unable to carry “all the stuff;” and jello spines that can only do the job with a load bearing vest. Today, it seams, they slap a badge on any whiny, wimpy kid and call it a man.

Unregistered
    Deputy’s badges used to be for people who didn’t *****, just did their job. There was no whining about small hands unable to grasp a full sized Glock; weak arms unable to handle .45s recoil; tiny waists unable to carry “all the stuff;” and jello spines that can only do the job with a load bearing vest. Today, it seams, they slap a badge on any whiny, wimpy kid and call it a man.
    The OP of this thread is an obvious troll and everyone who replied fell for it. Feeding the troll encourages the troll.

Unregistered
    Easy there old timer. Youre making me moist with the clear display of saltiness and expert cop experience. I wish I could work a wheel gun like you do...ill never amount to anything with my dainty little hands and tiny waist.

Unregistered
    So she's a Veteran but not a disabled Veteran because her disability is not military related? Some one is misrepresenting the facts if she is a Veteran and disabled. I hope she's not collecting two paychecks holding down a full time job and sponging off the government. There are millions of people who have been through trumatic events who have PTSD and get nothing, mass shootings, loss of a child or loved one, just because they are not a Veteran doesn't make it less significant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast