New Survey - FTO's

Unregistered

New Survey - FTO's

How about this *new* survey. TPD wants to take away from MPO's/Officers bidding to day/midnight shifts??? Lets add FTO's to other squads to limit once again the bidding process for officer's. Some spots are already held for Probationary Officers, specialty skills. Etc.

Unregistered
    Actually, the idea as presented to the pba was to give back two evening shift squads so senior people have more evening opportunities and move an fto squad to a midnight shift that didn’t fill well at shift bid. The point of the survey is to get our opinions which seems like a nice way of doing things instead of ramming it down our throats. But why ask anyone that knows, when it’s easier to complain on here like a little bi*ch.

Unregistered
    Maybe start with addressing the reason why shifts "don't fill well" at shift bid.

Unregistered
    If someone had been an FTO in D3 for several years on this current evening shift, and now forcing that squad to make it a midnight shift...that seems like forcing it down their throats. Making them leave or take a hike. They just want to put whoever they want in that spot and force out the old timers. Why put out a survey to see who is interested. Why not look at the current letters of interest 1st and see if they would want the spot. The poll makes no sense. Letters of interest mean nothing...

Unregistered

Because

FTO on each shift gives ALL officers an opportunity to be FTO including those MPO's that don't want to go to evenings to do it. If you want to be an FTO then you have one of each shift available, how can that be bad? As it is now, there are tons of good folks that would make great FTOs that cannot work an evening shift due to family. This opens FTO up to ALL folks. I peronally like the idea.

Unregistered

Smoke and mirrors

We all know those squads were filled up months ago. No one wants to work D2 because it’s “A” cycle, and if they did they wouldn’t get a chance because “they’re going to a different direction “

Theory: Tpd has three districts with three squads. Understandably D1 can not control D2 and so on. But when they deviate from “Standardization” of the San Jose FTEP program, who even cares.

The words from a Cpl in a FTO inservice when Someone got pushed through (from the Cpl to us “Chief Dugan said they do not have to pass the program they just have to complete it.”

I am calling a bunch of BS on that one. Red flags everywhere. He is a terrible liar and this was his way of saying he was to scared to fire someone.

Guys you do you. No one can control anyone but themself, well kids to, a swift kick to the ass gains control fast.

If you do go, a little birdie (full disclosure it wasn’t a bird and he was really old fat and bald) told me to watch your back. Act like they are there for you then go to the fridge and sip the koolaide

Stay safe and if you become or have been a Fto in the past I have nothing but the upmost respect for you as it will really test you.

Sorry still drinking my coffee on the way in.