Seriously? Everyone is getting load bearing vests

Unregistered

Seriously? Everyone is getting load bearing vests

I just saw USFPD is going to load bearing vest.. Temple Terrace has had them for years and Tampa is currently testing them. How has this not been looked into seriously? I know they won’t leave the white shirts but seriously there is nothing wrong with wearing a black vest over it.

Also let’s save the old timers b*tching about looking to “tactical” or wanting to be “S.W.A.T.”. There are a ton of studies showing huge benefits to officers wearing them.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just saw USFPD is going to load bearing vest.. Temple Terrace has had them for years and Tampa is currently testing them. How has this not been looked into seriously? I know they won’t leave the white shirts but seriously there is nothing wrong with wearing a black vest over it.

Also let’s save the old timers b*tching about looking to “tactical” or wanting to be “S.W.A.T.”. There are a ton of studies showing huge benefits to officers wearing them.
    I agree it’s really important! So I’m gonna quit and go work for an agency that issues load bearing vests! Waaaaah waaaaah waaaah! FUKC YOU!!!

Unregistered
    I agree it’s really important! So I’m gonna quit and go work for an agency that issues load bearing vests! Waaaaah waaaaah waaaah! FUKC YOU!!!
    So an officer has a legitimate gripe about not having the option to wear a piece of equipment that can take weight off your hips and lower body and this is how you react?? Enjoy those double hip replacements come retirement time, you idiot.

Unregistered
    Are you kidding me??? You’re crying about wearing this stupid extra vest that’ll cost millions to put into place. Wouldn’t you rather they keep paying you really well, dumbfukk???

Unregistered
    Are you kidding me??? You’re crying about wearing this stupid extra vest that’ll cost millions to put into place. Wouldn’t you rather they keep paying you really well, dumbfukk???
    if you had any experience preparing a budget at the office, which I do, then you would know that there are separate funds for personnel that includes pay and for equipment. Next, it would cost the agency maybe 75 grand initially if they bought it. If they made it an authorized, but optional purchase, it would cost zero. The ballistic panels are going to be bought either way. It doesn't matter what is holding them. I don't particularly care one way or the other but I dislike misinformation. Also, as someone that's suffered joint injuries at work, it would be nice to have options. Or for the agency to consider any other options that can improve health and keep the public happy. We're progressive, remember? Things change slowly. That's okay. But we should always strive to improve.