Contract - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Contract

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dude you have no clue what your talking about. 100 bucks you haven’t been to a single contract or health trust negotiation or meeting. Keep your option to yourself nobody cares.
    You wrote “your” when it should have been “you’re”. There’s no way you’re really a cop.

Unregistered

Opinions are ok

If the person wants to express their opinion against the trust that is allowed. Right? Why do people who do not support trust get silenced. I will not support trust either.

The PBA said in the latest contract news that’s “the PBa asked if the trust was holding back negotiations?

City—“and the answer was no we are still running numbers”.

That is pretty simple. NUMBERS EQUALS COLAS AND RAISES

I like insurance I have now and I will need a COLA FOR EVERY YEAR.

NO TRUST

Unregistered

Police are spoiled

You wrote “your” when it should have been “you’re”. There’s no way you’re really a cop.
    100,000 mediun SALARY, 65,000 pension at 20 years. 375,000 DROP ACCOUNTS. TAKE HOME CARS. UNIFORMS, Equipment, guns, GAS, and Cars paid for by city and you all need more.

Wow.

Unregistered

Thoughts About Retirement

I retired in 2014. I am not destitute, and I am not complaining. I have a great pension. However, I want the actives to consider some simple math. When I retired I was a senior detective. Since then, as of the last contract, the pay for Senior detective has risen by more than $15,000, or about 17%. I just received my COLA statement for 2020. My pension has risen 9% total. And remember, COLAs in the pension are based on your base pension amount, not a compounded amount. Increased healthcare costs for the City family plan have eroded most of that increase. So basically I have about the same amount going into my pocket as I did in 2014. This really hasn't hurt me, as there is plenty going into my pocket, but eventually it will. So it would pay to be wise about retirement healthcare and cost of living raises for those of you who can still address it. When you plan smart, have everything paid off, but there is a giant payment that you have no control over, it places a little stress on you. I never even had a mortgage payment as high as my health insurance premium currently is. And it really doesn't cover much in the way of normal day to day medical expenses. Co-pays have risen, out-of-pocket limits have risen, and pay hasn't risen enough to match. If I stay on the City plan until Medicare, I still have about $200,000 in health insurance premiums to pay. Think about that. Due to health issues, I did not have the opportunity to do DROP, so I don't have that big bucket of money out there to help defray the gradually widening gap. If the actives set aside a big COLA now, they might be able to secure benefits that would be worth a lot more in the long term. Just my thoughts... Jeff Shearer

Unregistered

Trust no COLAS YES

There is little guarantee for an “insecured” trust where our city has already messed with us over healthcare for decades, now somehow we think they will not mess with numbers on how much they pay into trust, and if they continue to pay for “free employees” , and if the fund becomes solvent. We have nothing to compare to in our city. Other cities probably were not plundering their employees for several decades and making cold cash off their healthcare. TAMPA has done this. Therefore to many variables for me to trust the trust. But our COLAS have been awesome and without them no one would be able to retire at all. Compounding interest is the most important thing for us. Without colas wages and pensions are stagnant.

No one has to have city healthcare when they retire. Their are other plans unless you just plan on never working again then I guess city is best option and the 13th check when available must be used for healthcare. When democrats take over we will have national healthcare. So a trust would be taken by feds not returned to employees. Think

I don’t know of any agency in Florida that has awesome and cheap healthcare at retirement

I will wait.

Unregistered

To the illiterate idiot

100,000 mediun SALARY, 65,000 pension at 20 years. 375,000 DROP ACCOUNTS. TAKE HOME CARS. UNIFORMS, Equipment, guns, GAS, and Cars paid for by city and you all need more.

Wow.
    Your numbers are wrong and you are obviously terminally illiterate.

Unregistered
    I’m astonished for those that hang their hat on the saying of,”Forgo a COLA now so you can getter better healthcare.” That COLA now is the 1 and only guarantee that will affect not only your current paycheck but your Pension check for the rest of your life!! That COLA is compounded and can drastically change your monthly pension! I truly wish the Union would separate the two and negotiate them independently. Many of us do not want this Trust included in this contract. They are in essence forcing it upon the members by including it in this contract.

Unregistered
    F.Y.I. the city is fully aware that the P.B.A. is negotiating the Health Trust and the Contract as two separate negotiations the city has been the entity that has been delaying the progression of negotiations.

Unregistered
    John was too busy being in Holland trying to find out how to save the world. I guess there should be no more high rise condos on Bayshore if it will all flood away. Save us Father John.

Snake Farm.

Unregistered
    F.Y.I. the city is fully aware that the P.B.A. is negotiating the Health Trust and the Contract as two separate negotiations the city has been the entity that has been delaying the progression of negotiations.
    Will we be able to vote on them as two separate items??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast