PBA hidden agenda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

PBA hidden agenda

Is there a reason the PBA president herself petition to have new hires in holdover vote in the election but then hid it from members?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is there a reason the PBA president herself petition to have new hires in holdover vote in the election but then hid it from members?
    What do you mean? Are they not allowed to vote??? I believe the by laws state that every active member can vote in an election. As long as the officers that are in holdover are active PBA members they can vote. They just can not run for election until they are active for over one year.
    The week of the new hires swear in, the PBA has a block of time where they buy new hires lunch and solicit members. It has been this way at the very least since I was sworn in back in 2003.
    I really dont know what you are talking about "petition"and "hide from members". Please explain.

Unregistered
    Actually according to the bylaws you have to be a member 90 days prior to the election in order to be eligible to vote. This is so that holdover members who do not know anything about our election or Agency have time to educate themselves. Also this keeps holdover new hires who potentially can get phased out from voting when they may not be an active member. There is a section that was written with the intent of you were hired 89 days prior to election you could petition the board to vote to allow you in. However no holdover hire actually petitioned the president herself spoke to the board and they allowed anyone hired before Oct 15th of this year. Opening it up to 15 day old employees.

Unregistered
    The issue was presented to the B.O.D. at the October meeting, it was discussed by the B.O.D. and the by-law was also reviewed by the P.B.A. Attorney. A motion was independently made by a B.O.D. member to change by-law. The B.O.D. voted to approve the motion to amend the by-laws so that a P.B.A. member could vote without a waiting period. There was no hidden agenda by the president or the B.O.D. Someone for reasons known to only themselves is just trying to create the appearance of one. When I was old enough to vote and registered to vote I did not have a waiting period before I could vote. I.M.O. a newly elected official should review the constitution and by-laws of the organization to understand or question why that particular by-law was originally implemented.

Unregistered
    Everything that the BOD has done has been out in the open, recorded, and in the best interest if ALL members. This would be apparent to one candidate in particular if they would have actually attended the board meeting. I’m interested in what his actual agenda is. I must say he actually did show up to the negotiations meeting today but did not even stay for half of the meeting. I guess it got to close to lunch. Then decides that it would be appropriate to put his vote for me card in the middle of the conference table during negotiations. I find it funny that it’s all about him when this meeting is about negotiating a contract for all the members NOT an election rally. Also while reading up on the PBA by laws maybe he should read up the city ordinance governing hand bill distribution after he plastered multiple cars with unsolicited vote for me cards. This is not the time for anyone to be trying to tear down the union or its board members for their own personal gain especially during negations. What else would we expect from him it’s always but him and no one else. Definitely not who I want fighting for my rights.

Unregistered
    Actually in the state of Florida you must register to vote 29 days before a election. Look it up. I guess they need every vote they can get. Who in the BOD brought up the motion? Who all voted for this change? Why would you change the bylaws 2 weeks before an election? And you guys thought Abe was the shady one!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Easy Dale, I can assure you the 24 new hire votes will not effect the election. Im pretty sure you’re the one who would need to find the extra votes, not Jimmy. Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

Unregistered
    Hey Detective, you flipped over a Crow Vic and the board turned you down for arbitration, get over it. You flipped a Crown Vic, that is really hard to do. When two guys who are Traffic Homicide Det's say that the case will not be able to be won, that did it. Slow down, relax and enjoy the time you have left here.

Unregistered
    The pba board is so convinced they won! Yet nobody has even talked to majority of members and how they feel. I know as a new hire I didn’t get to vote. Nobody on the board previously thought it was unfair. Plus we know a certain BOD married couple will always vote in each other’s favor it’s their way of running the votes up. The new highers didn’t even have a concern with it. Shows how far the President will slide to keep her power

Unregistered
    Dale since you appear to be commenting a lot I have a question or should I direct it towards your daughter? Why are you so scared to allow all the members to vote? Why are you afraid of the 24 new hires that have 60 days on? Shouldn’t you want every member to have a voice if your wanting to be a representative of them. They are probably your best bet at a few votes because they don’t know you and your history/antics. Good luck buddy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast