Sound the retreat - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Those in Admin just need to make a convincing argument over any issue that they mention to Sheriff in a casual conversation walking briskly down the stairs, and then they act. It appears they can act unilaterally (because the Sheriff only considered one side as quickly briefed), and they can act with impunity (because technically he was briefed). Admin can deny ideas as proposed, gain approval for bad ideas, make changes that negatively impact workers and their careers, and are likely praised for their shortsighted ingenuity.
    Healthy dissent is dismissed when objections are raised from below and the Sheriff likely didn't even know there was any. The same crap happens at the Captain's level. Dissent is stomped out.

If Chief pocketbook is involved, more power is wielded there than anywhere. It's all about the money there and the people are a distant afterthought, if considered at all. The raises? Appreciated but somewhat of a shell game, costing us in other areas in benefits to help fund them.

Not until you listen to dissent and will promote some to Admin and upper management that will be a dissenting voice, and appreciated for that role, will you have a healthy leadership team. It's desperately needed by any administration. Leadership? Knowledge on paper doesn't equal demonstrated ability. Some of them are smart but inexperienced. Some are bullyish. Some just aren't that smart.

It all rests on the shoulders at the top of the chain at the end of the day. I hope, for all of our sakes, he'll grow in his role and learn how to handle the Administration folks with the same toughness as the bully Chief D and P Captain handles us.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, DL is the problem?
    If you mean he's the problem because he's in charge of the agency and is ultimately accountable for what goes on, sure. If you think he's causing the problems, I disagree. He has people in his command staff who are not held accountable for what they do, even when it directly contradicts 17-1's direction. Those in the command staff have that attitude trickle down to captains, to lieutenants, who run their areas as their own personal fiefdom with little to no regard for what's good for the agency, but rather what's good for them. Until DL has a team in place that is willing to embody servant leadership-i.e., putting the mission before themselves-these issues will continue to crop up. A lot of the current command structure seems more involved in trying to grab more power for themselves than actually working to do a good job where they are currently assigned.

Unregistered
    I guess the Dakota Indians were in the same boat we are in:

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/19...orkandcareers1

This place absolutely unreal. I’m so glad opioids are more important than our employees.

Duh!!
    LMFAO!

It’s not about us it’s about the re-election campaign! Wake up and smell the opioids!

Here’s a simple test:

Ask the Chiefs if any proposals or emails are addressed to the Sheriff and see what date they are time stamped. So much for things being forwarded up the chain in a timely manner! Yes, us malcontents don’t know what we are talking about!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123