Sound the retreat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The end is upon us

Sound the retreat

We have officially became the laughingstock of the LEO community of Central Florida. We have promoted someone to sergeant who has a total of 2 arrests to their credit. Is this what was once a great place to work has come down to? How would one of these brand new deputies go to this sergeant for advice on an arrest? 2? Not a misprint but a total of 2 arrests in her career. Man the life rafts people.

Unregistered
    I get what you're saying, but a lot of deserving and qualified people were promoted today. I choose to focus on them, rather than make it all about one.

Unregistered
    Seminole Circus Sheriff’s Office.

They were
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get what you're saying, but a lot of deserving and qualified people were promoted today. I choose to focus on them, rather than make it all about one.
    Some were but some are not deserving and at some point will screw up and may get someone hurt. 2 arrests in a career? This is a horrible promotion to someone who has done nothing but brown nose.

Unregistered

Lol

The SCSO has failed us all

Unregistered1000
    A team was formed to review the testing process and came up with one used by another county that effectively awarded candidates for their time at the sheriffs office, assignments, degrees, military and all around career. The reason we didn't use this system? Several in this recent promotion group wouldn't be qualified for deputy. One with exactly no experience and two arrests, one been kicked out of every unit they have been in. We are in dire need of leaders and two couldn't lead anything. Congratulations to those in this group who will make great leaders. As in every group there are the ones everyone says fantastic picks, and then there are those that everyone say WTF.

Unregistered
    Stop putting each other down. Instead give these new sergeants a chance and the encouragement they need to succeed.

Arrest don’t make a leader. The overall objective of the Sheriffs Office is to enhance life by reducing crime and the f.o.c. Nothing in that statements says “make as many arrests as possible.”

Let’s not judge so quickly and continue to rally for positive change without becoming part of the problem.

Unregistered
    And it’s to enhance the quality of life. I just wanted my message to be short with also getting my point across. I know my M.S lol.

Unregistered
    48 months and exactly two arrests. Yes its not all about arrests but you would think you could find one a month. No too busy brown nosing and setting up Halloween parties. Yeah that is what we do. So go ahead and take the handcuffs nd handguns as those surely won't be needed. An inside jobs perhaps? All the hard working people who have put their time in here and they get passed over for her? Unfathomable that this is the best of what we have. The title was right abandon ship. Thanks for the reply too chief!

Unregistered
    What crime is reduced by a Halloween party?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast