LT Woodward Refuses to put flag at half mast for Vickers

Unregistered

LT Woodward Refuses to put flag at half mast for Vickers

So, a few of us asked Woodpecker if we could put the flag at half mast for Vickers like all of the Troops and he refused to do so. (Edited to comply with Terms of Use. ) Told us, don’t worry there will be others. This guy needs to be fired or replaced
    Last edited by Mod 100; 10-13-2019 at 03:10 PM. Reason: To comply with Terms of Use

Unregistered
    Maybe next time ask earlier instead of a week later.

Unregistered
    Damn. Woodpecker sounds a little on the offensive. No one should be asking, it should be done without asking. Can’t expect no less from the Brass.

Unregistered
    I call BS. That’s not how it works. You don’t request to put the flag at half mast, that order comes from above, usually at the governors level.

Unregistered
    The above poster is correct. Flying the flag at half mast must be an executive order. I.e. president or governor.

Unregistered
    **** all you. The flag should be post at half staff for ever law enforcement officer the passed away (past or present).

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    **** all you. The flag should be post at half staff for ever law enforcement officer the passed away (past or present).
    Sadly, that means it would be half MAST every day.

Unregistered
    Demote him and send him to be an instructor at the academy.

Unregistered

Occasionally, you can't stupidly stand by the "rules or policy"

In the hours after Sept 11, 2001, many of us, off duty, came to the station knowing there was work to be done. A distraught lady entered the lobby crying and said "I'm from NY, where 10,000 (that was the estimate immediately after) people have just been killed by terrorists and your flag is still full staff - what is wrong with you people!!!! Being the first one she encountered, I apologized and explained that we simply had not had a spare moment to do so and I immediately went out and lowered the flag. After she left, the District LT questioned aloud "Who put the flag at half staff? When I told him what happened he was unimpressed and told me to put the flag back up because the command had to come from the Governor. I explained to him that 1) It was a certainty that order would come, 2) It was the right thing to do, and 3) I would be proud to undergo a disciplinary hearing so I could listen to the accusers present arguments why what I did was wrong. I told him if he wanted it back up he needed to do it himself - which he did. About 15 minutes after he raised that flag, the lady came back in .....to this day, almost 20 years later, I am still amazed the death toll did not rise to 10,001, as pissed as that lady was LOL. The Captain finally overheard all the fuss and went out and lowered the flag himself. I guess that is why he was a Captain and the other dope was a LT. The order from the Governor followed in short order.

The point is, there may come a time in your life when your inherent understanding of what is right will conflict with policy. The safe choice may not always be the right choice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Damn. Woodpecker sounds a little on the offensive. No one should be asking, it should be done without asking. Can’t expect no less from the Brass.
    Whatever Jorge. Grow up and move on to something else.