Quick question

Thread: Quick question

Unregistered

Quick question

23 years old. I applied for a few departments with no luck and I was wondering does re-applying for the same departments looks bad or is it better to move on?

Unregistered
    Do you know why you’re not having luck? Keep trying, but keep it to a minimal. All agencies ask who have you applied to, putting a lot of agencies down make it seem like there’s something wrong with you.

Unregistered
    By they way, Try FHP. Don’t make it your home. Get a few years experience and get the hell out. Go to a PD where you can get a 20yr retirement in comparison to 30yrs.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you know why you’re not having luck? Keep trying, but keep it to a minimal. All agencies ask who have you applied to, putting a lot of agencies down make it seem like there’s something wrong with you.
    I applied for 3 PO (didn't get pass oral board B-pad test, then FHP stop the process when I said I was around people who smoke weed during a birthday party on the background)
    and 2 more CSO (simply was told "better qualified applicants were chosen")
    plus a couple criminal analysts job (since I have a degree in economics)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    By they way, Try FHP. Don’t make it your home. Get a few years experience and get the hell out. Go to a PD where you can get a 20yr retirement in comparison to 30yrs.
    Accurate.

On the flip side, I believe most Sheriffs Offices have the same retirement as FHP, 3% paid in and 30 years. And the PD may have 20, but you may pay 9% in and 70% retirement. Varies greatly from city to city though.

Unregistered
    What part of the state are you in? Are you single? Willing to work anywhere within the state?