A Special Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

A Special Thanks

We had our monthly homeowners association meeting and cookout this fine evening. I won’t say exactly which community because we discussed that it might cause our neighborhood to be targeted by riffraff who could possibly be watching the internet. Citizen after citizen told different tales of how the sheriffs office has made their neighborhood and their lives so much better through its hard work. Everyone agreed that the social media things that the sheriffs office is doing helps us to understand the great work you people are doing every day. It makes everyone feel more connected to the office and it’s excellent officers. The leadership table stayed behind after the meeting and agreed we should send a message to the officers to say THANK YOU! So we all say thank you and keep up the great work!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We had our monthly homeowners association meeting and cookout this fine evening. I won’t say exactly which community because we discussed that it might cause our neighborhood to be targeted by riffraff who could possibly be watching the internet. Citizen after citizen told different tales of how the sheriffs office has made their neighborhood and their lives so much better through its hard work. Everyone agreed that the social media things that the sheriffs office is doing helps us to understand the great work you people are doing every day. It makes everyone feel more connected to the office and it’s excellent officers. The leadership table stayed behind after the meeting and agreed we should send a message to the officers to say THANK YOU! So we all say thank you and keep up the great work!
    Thank you for thanking our actual patrol deputies.

Keep in mind, the deputies that go to those meetings, do no actual patrolling. They are the fluff. They put on a show.

The actual patrol deputies are too slammed to actually patrol and prevent and deter crime. If you see them in your neighborhood, its because they are reactively responding to a crazy person call, crazy drunk call, crazy person on drugs, crazy drunk domestics, or a crash. Maybe a 10 car burglary that we should have deterred.

Things that can be fixed from the source with proper governing and laws are dumped on us. Drug epidemic, homeless epidemic, and so on.. our problem.

Again, thanks, but don't fall for the fluff at those cute meetings.

Unregistered
    Thank you for thanking our actual patrol deputies.

Keep in mind, the deputies that go to those meetings, do no actual patrolling. They are the fluff. They put on a show.

The actual patrol deputies are too slammed to actually patrol and prevent and deter crime. If you see them in your neighborhood, its because they are reactively responding to a crazy person call, crazy drunk call, crazy person on drugs, crazy drunk domestics, or a crash. Maybe a 10 car burglary that we should have deterred.

Things that can be fixed from the source with proper governing and laws are dumped on us. Drug epidemic, homeless epidemic, and so on.. our problem.

Again, thanks, but don't fall for the fluff at those cute meetings.
    Do you honestly believe citizens come here and post? You got trolled my friend.

Unregistered
    No, dumbazz, I didn’t get trolled. I know exactly what meeting he is talking about because I live there too. You just jump on anything you can to show you’re top dog on this website. You’re a true piece is $hit!

Unregistered
    Trolled or not. Trolling or not. It doesn't matter. I can care less. In fact, trolling comments usually touch on a subject that I have not thought about mentioning before. Something else to expose, so thank you trolls for reminding me.

To sum up.. Too many deputies in meetings and offices while calls are holding for hours and single patrol units work their zones alone with no time to process their own crime scenes and write their paper while taking calls to the last second of their shift if they are luck enough not to go home hours late to their families.

Fluff vs the actual job. Priorities priorities priorities.

Unregistered
    Trolled or not. Trolling or not. It doesn't matter. I can care less. In fact, trolling comments usually touch on a subject that I have not thought about mentioning before. Something else to expose, so thank you trolls for reminding me.

To sum up.. Too many deputies in meetings and offices while calls are holding for hours and single patrol units work their zones alone with no time to process their own crime scenes and write their paper while taking calls to the last second of their shift if they are luck enough not to go home hours late to their families.

Fluff vs the actual job. Priorities priorities priorities.
    Who in the frigging hell are you to decide what proper staffing looks like?! The citizens did not elect you to be sheriff so nobody cares about your opinion.

Unregistered
    Who in the frigging hell are you to decide what proper staffing looks like?! The citizens did not elect you to be sheriff so nobody cares about your opinion.

Who in the frigging hell are you to decide no one cares about my opinion? The citizens did not elect you to be sheriff to say my opinion does not matter.

Unregistered
    By how I and we feel about the job when I and we get home after a miserable shift lighting the candle at both ends. By how we feel the day before having to work. By how those felt right before making the hard decision to apply for another job,resign, take a pay cut, and uproot their families, due to this job which can not be mentally sustained for 30 years. Correction... The agency does not do its part to make this job sustainable for 30 years. If you were actually on the front lines, you would know this. You would know the feeling well. If you want a less subjective answer, then compare our citizen to officer ratio to the national average. Also, debrief anyone that had resigned over the past few years and look for commonalities in their responses. Its not hard. It takes someone to give a crap to find the answer to the question you asked me. Until then, like I said... Priorities, priorities, priorities.

Unregistered
    Who in the frigging hell are you to decide no one cares about my opinion? The citizens did not elect you to be sheriff to say my opinion does not matter.
    When I work a zone alone that was designed for three units and I go home late and burned out, that makes it my problem. Thats how.

Unregistered
    By how I and we feel about the job when I and we get home after a miserable shift lighting the candle at both ends. By how we feel the day before having to work. By how those felt right before making the hard decision to apply for another job,resign, take a pay cut, and uproot their families, due to this job which can not be mentally sustained for 30 years. Correction... The agency does not do its part to make this job sustainable for 30 years. If you were actually on the front lines, you would know this. You would know the feeling well. If you want a less subjective answer, then compare our citizen to officer ratio to the national average. Also, debrief anyone that had resigned over the past few years and look for commonalities in their responses. Its not hard. It takes someone to give a crap to find the answer to the question you asked me. Until then, like I said... Priorities, priorities, priorities.
    A word you use over and over: feelings. If you’re such a god damn puzzy that you are focused on feelings instead of logic, you need to find another career. Geez dude...harden up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast