Does the city do background checks on the employees - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    I think they should always check.

Unregistered
    Isn't that the law? I may be wrong because I am far from this area, but when I got a job I went through something like criminal background record checks and it seemed to me that this is very correct on the part of the employer. If I were in the place of the employer, I would do exactly the same. You never know what kind of person is sitting right in front of you. Now there are a huge number of scammers, so extra caution does not hurt. It is better to be completely confident in your employees. Would you hire the first person you met?

Unregistered
    I agree people deserves a second chance but you need to compare the crime, to the job given. How long ago, what have they done since then.

Unregistered
    Back ground checks, including driver license and credit reports are done, even after your hired. Those in certain units have it done more often, then those in patrol. Before you transfer to some units, it's all done again. Some major departments, those in special unit's get it done almost ever year. One thing they look for is you living within your means. Putting everything in your wife's name or other family members, raises a red flag. Even if she has money, your looked into. The lure of easy cash, is tempting, especially in special units. So, so-called safe guards are in place. The problem with most cops, that take what they shouldn't, is they can't sit on it. They draw attention to themselves. Buying fancy cars, boat or a vacation home. Cops that are into taking, think they are smarter then everyone else and no one will notice me. Guess what, they do. it's only a matter of time.

Unregistered
    What city employee are you guys talking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12