Spreadsheet police

Unregistered

Spreadsheet police

So the majors kept blaming Barry for this insane amount of spreadsheets and arrest tracking logs. They keep saying it was Barry. Well he’s gone now and we’re still doing them. So basically they lied, they want all these spreadsheets to make themselves look busy.

Point to prove. My captain made me spend the day going through a complaint spreadsheet that was incomplete since January and no one cared or looked at it. Yet the major feels it’s relevant and we know need it updated. Newsflash major: if no one looked at it in over a year then why are we even doing it???

Unregistered
    I’m not saying Neal was perfect but worse thing they did was appoint a second major who is an ABT lifer and has no real police experience. At least Neal balances the crazy. Now we have two majors who want us as far away from real police work as possible. How do they do it? By making us do various spreadsheets and logs and ops plans!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m not saying Neal was perfect but worse thing they did was appoint a second major who is an ABT lifer and has no real police experience. At least Neal balances the crazy. Now we have two majors who want us as far away from real police work as possible. How do they do it? By making us do various spreadsheets and logs and ops plans!
    The two Majors are trying to survive right now, just like everyone else. I don't blame them for how they operate because they have been programmed. This started in 2012 with VC when she started converting agents to ISII positions and hit it's apex with TC in 2014/15 with ABSTAT. Unfortunately we have never recovered as an agency. Mix in TP in 2014 and his Napoleon Complex and it was a recipe for disaster. JH came in an undid some of the damage but she was ultimately no match for TP and his autocratic methods. FF was a survivor and hung on longer than most thought. TB aka "Choice #3" was just a bad idea from the get-go and we went off the rails with all cars heading off into the woods in different directions.

Now? We have a Director and Deputy Director that have absolutely zero interest in keeping the law enforcement component around. The only reason they are advertising for Chief of LE is because they now know they bit off more than they can chew. I pity the person dumb enough to take that position!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    While it is popular to blame the majors for our current direction, I don't think that is accurate. Our direction is set by the Secretary and no one else. Everyone else is responsible to make sure his direction is followed. I would have to add that ABT has never been and will never be a "law enforcement agency". This is a regulatory agency with law enforcement authority over the alcoholic beverage and tobacco industries. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

P.S. We have been on this course since the Beverage Department, which was a law enforcement agency, was folded into the Department of Business Regulation. When Business Regulation merged with Professional Regulation the fate of the agency was sealed.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing.