Vote for a change in Union - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Go to https://plea315.com and fill out the card to get rid of the PBA. You can mail it in, go buy their office and drop it off or call them and someone will come by and pick it up. It is that easy!!!!

Unregistered

The Old Black Suit

I remember when Bobby Jones used to wear an old black suit while at work and to the different functions that he attended. He wore that old black suit all the time. We use to take bets on what color suit would he wear for work and before long, no one would bet because he always wore the same old black suit.

The PBA has become that "old black suit." Everyday when you expect change from them, its the old black suit that comes out. Police officers wants better pay, benefits, additional rights to defend themselve against management, recover the lost wages and benefit that were lost, and all we got was that same old black suit.

Everyone thought that John Rivera was the problem and voted him out because we wanted change in our representation. Instead we voted for Steadman and saw no changes as promised. All we realy did, was change the wearer of the "black suit" to anotherone.

Isn't it time to change the "the old black Suit?" Our members needs the ability to vote for change, a true change; not just the old black suit. Let change the color of that suit and vote for PLEA. Come by their office and sign up and make that true change.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I remember when Bobby Jones used to wear an old black suit while at work and to the different functions that he attended. He wore that old black suit all the time. We use to take bets on what color suit would he wear for work and before long, no one would bet because he always wore the same old black suit.

The PBA has become that "old black suit." Everyday when you expect change from them, its the old black suit that comes out. Police officers wants better pay, benefits, additional rights to defend themselve against management, recover the lost wages and benefit that were lost, and all we got was that same old black suit.

Everyone thought that John Rivera was the problem and voted him out because we wanted change in our representation. Instead we voted for Steadman and saw no changes as promised. All we realy did, was change the wearer of the "black suit" to anotherone.

Isn't it time to change the "the old black Suit?" Our members needs the ability to vote for change, a true change; not just the old black suit. Let change the color of that suit and vote for PLEA. Come by their office and sign up and make that true change.
    AMEN!!!! Well said!

Unregistered
    Screw PLEA! Those people are retards. Domingo doesn’t seem to understand that he’s not an attorney and that’s who we want. Absolutely not!

If we want change, we do it at our votes. No point changing units.

Unregistered
    There is no bigger “retard” as you say than Steadman Stahl. He can’t speak. He can’t think on his own. At the gala he attempted to read and couldn’t. JP yelled speak from the heart! How embarrassing.
    He doesn’t have good presence about him but most importantly he is not leader material.

Unregistered
    Keep the forms coming in. The number is increasing. Call the office and Simone will come pick them up.

Unregistered
    Hola Isabel. U r not a pba member since 2003. U have reaped all the benefits and wage increases although you don’t pay any dues. You got many raises under Rivera and you just got a 7.5% wage increase over the past year with the current contract. Just saying so no thank you. So when you refer to the pba as our union - just remember you are not a member.
    Now now... let's be honest. PBA never negotiated a decent contract. They always relied on the "Me too" clause and then when Fire got their people a decent contact, PBA took credit. That's why we've gotten nothing under this mayor. No more me too clause until this current contract.

PBA needs to change bylaws to allow those outside the board to run. Until then, there will be no change there.

If you don't want to join the PLEA as union bandwagon.... at least drop PBA from your dues. The minute the credit card runs out of funds for their trips and dinners, they'll start to listen.

Unregistered
    Now now... let's be honest. PBA never negotiated a decent contract. They always relied on the "Me too" clause and then when Fire got their people a decent contact, PBA took credit. That's why we've gotten nothing under this mayor. No more me too clause until this current contract.

PBA needs to change bylaws to allow those outside the board to run. Until then, there will be no change there.

If you don't want to join the PLEA as union bandwagon.... at least drop PBA from your dues. The minute the credit card runs out of funds for their trips and dinners, they'll start to listen.
    I agree with everything especially dropping the dues so they don’t continue living high off my money.
    Why is it that they have 2 expensive SUVs when both Stahl and Jenkins are entitled to take home vehicles. Let the county pay instead of using dues money to support those SUVs.

Unregistered
    Why I choose to be a PLEA supporter. I pay less a month than PBA. I HAVE A GUy CALLED Howard that works himself to the bone and lives at the Ivory tower. He uses the collective bargaining unit that the PBA WONT fight for and does so for me when needed.

He’s ALWAYS picked the phone up when I called. Hell hes called me to see how I’m doing
    Just because. Is he much to look at, no. So what he’s respected by command.

That’s why I choose PLEA and dropped PBA. Plain and simple. I get the PBA protection the way it’s supposed to be at less cost.

D. Contreras

Unregistered
    Couldn’t have said it better!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast