Governor to raise teachers salary from 26th to 2nd. How about FHP Troopers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To the original post believing FHP is a State Police Agency and will “take over when needed.” I’m going to take a guess you relocated to FL from a State that has State Police. FHP is Highway Patrol meaning; They only work incidents, calls for service, on roadways. FHP has limited resources: no forensics, and no detectives, etc. Heck when I worked in retail during college, we had an offduty trooper who worked during the nights. We needed someone trespassed and he explained they didn’t do that. They did not have a way to issue trespass warnings. We had to call the SO to respond and issue the trespass. Their primary function is TRAFFIC. That is why you only see them on traffic crashes.

Try calling *FHP and see what happens. As soon as the recording starts it says: if this is an emergency hang up and dial 911. The county SO always handles domestics, shootings, murder, any high profile crimes that occur in FHP jurisdiction. Local SO get slammed with their jurisdiction then deal with FHP jurisdiction due to lack of knowledge, experience, and limited troopers. Some counties have 1 trooper for 4 counties. FHP has 1,946 trooper positions for the entire state. Many counties have more police and deputies than the entire trooper positions for the State. They can’t even handle their crashes let alone take over a county.

Most troopers complain as they can’t get out. When they apply elsewhere, they get denied. FHP hires anything they can to get bodies on the road. Stories I’ve heard, rookies get on the road and no one can understand their “English” as its very limited. A recruit gave birth in the academy bathroom while in Tallahassee as no one knew she was pregnant. They had an active gang member in the academy and had no idea till he was on the road in training.

FHP is great to work traffic crashes when they come. So before you rant and rave call for law enforcement and see who comes to your rescue cause it won’t be FHP.

Give the teachers the raise, FHP makes what they deserve.
    Damn, which one of you Troopers ****ed this guys wife?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Damn, which one of you Troopers ****ed this guys wife?
    Probably me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123