FHP PAT testing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

FHP PAT testing.

I take my PAT test October 25th. The height weight maximum for my height is 5’3 is 169 lbs. I am currently 181 and dropping. I work out everyday and am physically in pretty good shape excluding a little extra stomach from having a baby 6 months ago. I can pass the PAT I know everything else will check out for me to be a trooper as I am a nurse now. I have already passed the CJBAT. Will they send me home because of my weight because that is my biggest concern. Any insight is helpful.

Unregistered
    I have asked recruiters and they say I will be sent home if I’m not 169 but I would like some input if there is some leniency once you are actually there.

Unregistered
    You can be over the weight as long as you are majority muscle mass.

Unregistered
    If they send you home don’t take it as a discouragement, I promise you people get disqualified for a lot worse than that. Do what they ask and come back for the next available PAT.

Unregistered
    How do they determine muscle mass because I am stocky have a little bit of excess around stomachs because of having a baby. You guys are helpful!

Unregistered
    People have said they allow 20lbs over the max height weight requirement is that true? If it is I’ll be in the clear. I weight train and run 2 miles everyday and am on a strict diet but I am gaining mass amounts of muscle so in total in 3 weeks ive lost 15 pounds.

Unregistered
    What did the "recruiter" tell you?
    Why would you want to take the pay cut? You pretty much have to plan on staying at starting pay forever. There is no step pay plan and cola raises are few and far between.

Unregistered
    The pay for a trooper is actually more then an LPN and I don’t want to do nursing as a career I wanted it as a back up. I would love my job working with FHP which is why I would gladly take that pay then be miserable working a job a hate for the rest of my life. Also the benefits alone make it worth it for me.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    People have said they allow 20lbs over the max height weight requirement is that true? If it is I’ll be in the clear. I weight train and run 2 miles everyday and am on a strict diet but I am gaining mass amounts of muscle so in total in 3 weeks ive lost 15 pounds.
    I know it sucks but you might want to sacrifice your “gains” for the next couple of weeks and focus on aerobics, cardio, HIIT, etc to meet weight standards. Pack on the muscle after. You’ll be fine. You sound like a great candidate.

Unregistered
    If you're a little over, they may allow you to take the PAT. However, when you take the polygraph, and the polygrapher weighs you and you're still over the weight limit, it will be an automatic DQ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast