Felony charges against Carson Plank dropped: Keeps her LEO certification
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Felony charges against Carson Plank dropped: Keeps her LEO certification

Quote Originally Posted by “Carlos R. Munoz”
    Former Sarasota deputy Carson Plank, now 26, was fired for allegedly trying to cover-up for former deputy Frank Bybee, who was charged with kidnapping and exploitation of the elderly. The Sarasota sheriff arrested her twice on charges connected with that case, but Florida’s police license regulatory board unanimously dismissed the decertification complaint against her – and she will keep her law enforcement certificate.

Attorney Andrea Mogensen, who represented Plank, said that: “The irony of this case is that there were actual misstatements made by the investigators who were investigating Carson Plank – the investigators made false statements.”

Plank submitted a complaint to the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office asking for an investigation into violations of her civil rights, multiple false arrests and false statements made [by investigators] during the course of investigating her.

The criminal charges against Plank were dropped by the SAO.

Sarasota Sheriff Tom Knight did not reply when…
    Pic of Carson Plank:
    https://dailysunpost.com/wp-content/...Bybee-case.jpg

Complaint filed by Carson Plank:
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...complaint.html

Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...-in-bybee-case
    Last edited by Media; 10-04-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Colonel Kurt Hoffman and Captain John Walsh were both "officially" caught lying under oath, but both of them were promoted by Sheriff Tom Knight to lead the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. Then Carson Plank, who was just an inexperienced slick-sleeve rookie, was railroaded for political expediency.

Colonel Kurt Hoffman: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VFg...ew?usp=sharing

Captain John Walsh: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FhN...ew?usp=sharing

Unregistered
    From the H-T website:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Hall
    Not one single comment from the sheriff or Kurt? Strange.
    It is moot whether Plank got sent to prison (or not) because Sheriff Tom Knight fired her and he effectively destroyed her career and her reputation in the community. If she would have accepted Knight's original punishment in the first go-around, then nothing more would have happened and she would have remained employed as a Sarasota deputy sheriff. However, she challenged Knight by stating that what he was dong was unethical -- and the newspaper printed it, which made Knight look very bad in the public eye -- and so Knight (or his henchmen) had her arrested for a SECOND TIME on the exact same Bybee case. That's how revenge works around here. Knight gets the last laugh, as he plunges the political knife in as deep as it will go. If you cross Knight, then he will not play fair. He will win at any cost. It is strange.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    From the H-T website:

It is moot whether Plank got sent to prison (or not) because Sheriff Tom Knight fired her and he effectively destroyed her career and her reputation in the community. If she would have accepted Knight's original punishment in the first go-around, then nothing more would have happened and she would have remained employed as a Sarasota deputy sheriff. However, she challenged Knight by stating that what he was dong was unethical -- and the newspaper printed it, which made Knight look very bad in the public eye -- and so Knight (or his henchmen) had her arrested for a SECOND TIME on the exact same Bybee case. That's how revenge works around here. Knight gets the last laugh, as he plunges the political knife in as deep as it will go. If you cross Knight, then he will not play fair. He will win at any cost. It is strange.
    That's how bullies operate, because inwardly, they are paranoid and insecure, so they bully others to compensate for their own internal psychological deficiencies. A bully should never ever be in a position of leadership or authority because those under him will suffer from his internal insecurities that are outwardly manifested as bullying.

Unregistered
    I sure hope she sues knightmare and everyone else who conspired against her.

Unregistered
    I sure hope she sues knightmare and everyone else who conspired against her.
    The fact that she was arrested TWICE for the same case is downright odd and proves (from a non-legal standpoint) that the second arrest was a "grudge arrest." Even if she wins in civil court, Mr. Tom Knight and Mr. Kurt Hoffman will both be long gone from the Sarasota Sheriff's Office by the time the case is settled.

Unregistered
    More from the H-T website:

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn K.
    Wow! Will the DOJ or US Attorney investigate rampant corruption with Internal Affairs and their cover-ups, under the leadership of Kurt A. Hoffman? How much evidence of unethical behavior, retaliation, discrimination, harassment, false arrests and civil rights violations does it take? I’m surprised the HT even wrote this article. I surely know they aren’t interested in other significant corruption at the SSO.

Is anyone surprised to know that the SGT and Lieutenant in Internal Affairs are temporary ranks? That means if they do not follow orders [about how to spin an IA investigation], then they may be booted back to patrol, which means they would lose $30,000 - $40,000 a year, overnight. It already happened to Deputy Jeremy Borntrager who was a SGT in Internal Affairs for over 10 years. He got the boot in 2017 and was sent back to patrol as a non-supervisory deputy.

Ask why the SSO is now paying outside contractors in excess of $100’s of thousands of dollars a year to conduct polygraph examinations, when all polygraphs used all be done by (3) SSO detectives, but now there is only one. The other two polygraph examiners, Dep. Borntrager (former SGT Borntrager) who was HIGHLY respected and another, who I had the fortune of working with as a detective in the SVU. She is a VERY SKILLED, HIGHLY RESPECTED, COMPLETELY DEDICATED former detective, but, they are now both back in patrol answering calls-for-service.

It is time to rid the agency of petulant supervisors who act like school yard bullies, with no regard for the public’s best interest or the tax payers money.
    People clearly see that there is something seriously flawed and immoral with "executive management" [sic] inside the Sarasota Sheriff's Office.

Unregistered
    It’s funny where are all the clowns that were basically saying she should be burned at the stake before?? I’m not going to make judgements fit or against her her for what happened that day because I just don’t know the facts and I don’t believe anything our agency says, but I worked with that kid every shift and she was a good cop. She cared more than I could have ever pretended to care. I use to tell her she needed to care less because she’d only end up hurt in the end. I wish she would have listened to me she could have avoided all of this.

Unregistered
    The sooner you realize you mean nothing to the agency the better off you will be. You are just a place they hang a uniform. A number on a board up at the office. They will dispose of you and hire someone new who makes less. This is the legacy of the current administration. Sorry if it sounds harsh but it’s true. I have never seen moral so low.

Unregistered
    The sooner you realize you mean nothing to the agency the better off you will be. You are just a place they hang a uniform. A number on a board up at the office. They will dispose of you and hire someone new who makes less. This is the legacy of the current administration. Sorry if it sounds harsh but it’s true. I have never seen moral so low.
    In the 1990s, SPD officers had a reputation for being high strung, while SSO deputies had a reputation for being laid back. There has been a complete role reversal now, under the current high strung mismanagement by Knight and Hoffman. Deputies are now high strung and SPD officers are laid back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast