Morale

Thread: Morale

Concerned CG Resident

Morale

Good evening,
    I’m writing this as a concerned resident that resides in the south end of the city. I have been a resident for over 25 years and come to know a lot of officers that serve the city. Recently I’ve spoke to officers that patrol the area and I’ve heard the same things from both “newer” and “older” officers, the morale of the department. The one thing that concerns me more then anything is the fact that the character of the chief has been questioned several times in conversations with officers and residents that are aware of the political power of the chief. Look at the end of the day Coral Gables is a great place to work with some good officers but it seems as though that’s dwindling. Why??? Is it because officers don’t want to work for the chief who seems to be in it for the wrong reasons or is it because the officers just aren’t the same? Also I’ve heard rumblings that officers are leaving for other departments, why? I thought at one time that the Gables was the elite place to be... not anymore. At the end of the day, it starts at the top and the agency takes the character of its chief. I also heard that the Chief just received a 30 thousand dollar raise yet the officer on the front line are fighting for minimal percent raises. Wow... If this is true I will be speaking at the next commission meeting. Also I’ve heard that there are military personal employed as officers that are on a “no pay” status. This all needs to come out as I’ve heard the morale is at an all time low, due to one person and one person only. Chief it’s time to look in the mirror and quit trying to be a politician. I would like to know if this is really true. Thank you, Concerned Citizen.

Unregistered
    Perhaps the Chief can negotiate our police contract instead of the union. Oh wait, they are one in the same. Who sits on the City side during these negotiations? City Manager I’m assuming?

timflannigan
    Thank you concerned citizen. Discussing morale is a very subjective topic so stick to verifiable issues.
    Fact 1: Multiple officers have left the agency "since" Mr. Hudak has assumed all control of the department. This is due to his retaliatory behavior, cronyism and unequal treatment of people he deems not part of his clan.

Fact 2: Please research how many grievances the FOP has filed against Mr. Hudak since he has assumed the role of Chief compared to previous administrations. You will see a stark difference in the two numbers, which segues into Fact #3.

Fact 3: Mr. Hudak clearly has no respect for veterans as he has consistently given them a hard time during deployments. He also unilaterally skipped a war veteran that almost paid the ultimate sacrifice with his life but lived after losing both of his lower limbs. This individual questioned the former FOP's unhanded tactic of changing the voting requirements to allow retirees to vote in their election, thus stacking the deck in favor of J.B.

Fact 4: Mr. Hudak promoted J.B. who was the FOP president for almost a decade and has no experience supervising a squad or a shift, bypassing a more qualified candidate because he also was vocal about issues related to the F.O.P. This was clearly a quid-pro-quo because J.B. never held Mr. Hudak accountable and allowed him to destroy this agency.