Volusia county needs to put the deputies in all the schools - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are a lot of deputies who would leave, but they are on the down hill slide toward their retirement so they have decided it’s better to suffer in silence for a few more years so they can collect. If you look at the people who have left, you will see that most of them had 10 years or less with FRS.

The real pain is yet to come. This agency will really feel it ten years or so from now when all of the experienced employees who left should be your senior guys.

My FTEP class is also getting pretty thin. It was near 30 recruits but we are down to single digits. I wish admin would wake up and realize how much they are ****ing us for the future. Not to mention it’s a tremendous waste of money. Think about what it costs to get a deputy from application to 10-8. To have them leave a few years into is not good for the budget. We can thank rick Scott and the FL legislature for some of that, but Chitwood is responsible for at least 80 percent of the retention issues at VCSO.

Or VSO or whatever childish shit the sheriff is pulling this week.
    Haha you should quit.

Unregistered
    Haha you should quit.
    I was going to say the same thing. It’s not like he or she has been there 10 years if that’s the case. VCSO is not the only department that people wash out. Daytona has the same problem too. You start out with a big class, then you eventually lose people for various reasons. Everything can’t be Chitwood’s fault.

Unregistered
    I was going to say the same thing. It’s not like he or she has been there 10 years if that’s the case. VCSO is not the only department that people wash out. Daytona has the same problem too. You start out with a big class, then you eventually lose people for various reasons. Everything can’t be Chitwood’s fault.
    Even if they had 10 years they could go to countless places with FRS. Try to do that with Daytona.

Unregistered
    Even if they had 10 years they could go to countless places with FRS. Try to do that with Daytona.
    At least most of us have our health and wellness to bring us prosperity.

Unregistered
    Then why are you still here?
    Probably wouldn’t cut it somewhere else is my guess. If you’re not happy somewhere you should leave.

Unregistered
    Haha you should quit.
    Three posts within five minutes in the middle of the night?
    Moron

Unregistered
    You know there are hundreds of employers with FRS including cities right? Bye! What is your excuse for Orange County leaving for city agencies? Looks like you need to wake up.
    Non sequitur

Unregistered
    Non sequitur
    Exactly. Ever notice everyone ducks and hides when one brings up logical information on here? Stand by for the counter attack strategy of steering this off topic or randomly bashing the same names again.

Unregistered
    Copy and pasted for the people in the back.

Because they need the job and need the paycheck and don't have the luxury of being able to stand on their principles and act on their displeasure by abandoning their job security and walking out the door. The fortunate ones who are able to are leaving, and the large number of departures and Chitwood's inability to fill his vacancies are proof of what I'm saying. I hope for your sake that your experiences working for Chitwood continue to be positive. But most VCSO employees, past and present, don't see it that way. Chitwood is a bully and a tyrant who rules by fear and intimidation and whose only concern is stroking his own ego and media image. He's not stand-up and will throw anyone under the bus at the drop of a hat if it suits his self-serving agenda. He's an awful, mean-spirited boss, an average cop at best and an embarrassment as an elected official. If you could anonymously poll the employees and they felt comfortable responding without fear of the boss discovering their identity, that's what most would say about Chitwood. I hope that answers your question.

There are a lot of deputies who would leave, but they are on the down hill slide toward their retirement so they have decided it’s better to suffer in silence for a few more years so they can collect. If you look at the people who have left, you will see that most of them had 10 years or less with FRS.

The real pain is yet to come. This agency will really feel it ten years or so from now when all of the experienced employees who left should be your senior guys.

My FTEP class is also getting pretty thin. It was near 30 recruits but we are down to single digits. I wish admin would wake up and realize how much they are ****ing us for the future. Not to mention it’s a tremendous waste of money. Think about what it costs to get a deputy from application to 10-8. To have them leave a few years into is not good for the budget. We can thank rick Scott and the FL legislature for some of that, but Chitwood is responsible for at least 80 percent of the retention issues at VCSO.

Or VSO or whatever childish shit the sheriff is pulling this week.

Unregistered
    Exactly. Ever notice everyone ducks and hides when one brings up logical information on here? Stand by for the counter attack strategy of steering this off topic or randomly bashing the same names again.
    Not really. Sounds like you’re one of the above mentioned named and upset they made a point using your name.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345