Volusia county needs to put the deputies in all the schools
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Volusia county needs to put the deputies in all the schools

Volusia County Schools and the VCSO needs to put deputies in all the schools. This experiment with the guardians, while cost effective, is not working. You get what you pay for. Put deputies back in the schools before something tragic happens.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/n...t-deputies-say

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Volusia County Schools and the VCSO needs to put deputies in all the schools. This experiment with the guardians, while cost effective, is not working. You get what you pay for. Put deputies back in the schools before something tragic happens.

Aside from the failure to report a threat at Galaxy middle school, 2 separate cases in Florida have been reported of Guardians pawning their firearms and equipment. I cannot remember one case of a deputy pawning his service weapon to "get by" or make the "rent or car note". This is going to end bad for the people who trust the Sheriff and fund his efforts to protect us. As a wise man once said "you get what you pay for" or "good labor ain't cheap, and cheap labor ain't good". If the Sheriff roasts deputies like a rotisserie chicken, imagine what he would do to a guardian with no union protections. Just a thought.

Unregistered

Write your school board representative. The school board is separate from the sheriffs office and the county.

Unregistered
    Write your school board representative. The school board is separate from the sheriffs office and the county.
    The guardian program came about after Chitwood was unable to convince retired deputies to come back as SRDs. The letter Chitwood wrote to the retired deputies is easily available.

It is better for Chitwood having guardians in the schools....fewer IAs.

Unregistered
    The guardian program came about after Chitwood was unable to convince retired deputies to come back as SRDs. The letter Chitwood wrote to the retired deputies is easily available.

It was also a decision by the school board too. By your logic we should disbanded the Sheriff’s Department for deputy misconduct like Jenkins? Jenkins ended up costing the County a cool chunk of change because of his bad judgment. We need a better system, right?

One of the nuts commenting also could never qualify to be a guardian because of his criminal negligence, nevertheless, he’s too unstable to have/own firearms determined by a judge. So, I guess dumbass isn’t so much of an expert on the matter.

Unregistered

It is better for Chitwood because he wont have to take the publicity and criticism Scot Israel took. It is better for Chitwood to deflect blame and responsibility outside of his agency even though he takes credit for the training. I guess the guardian at Galaxy middle school percieved his training differently and gave courtesy or discretion wrongly. Who is running the training? I forgot, we lost them when we gained an incompetent Sheriff. I hate to say this but I am beginning to think GS4 and guardians are a better alternative. Especially when you consider the alternative is no protections at all because the Sheriff isn't meeting contractual obligations to cities already.

Unregistered
    It was also a decision by the school board too. By your logic we should disbanded the Sheriff’s Department for deputy misconduct like Jenkins? Jenkins ended up costing the County a cool chunk of change because of his bad judgment. We need a better system, right?

One of the nuts commenting also could never qualify to be a guardian because of his criminal negligence, nevertheless, he’s too unstable to have/own firearms determined by a judge. So, I guess dumbass isn’t so much of an expert on the matter.
    Truth hurts huh? I never owned a gun, never possessed one in fact... You can bet mid year next year I will own several and I'll make sure to video my marksmanship on social media for you to critique. How ya like them apples? I never said I wanted to be a babysitter (guardian) or cop. You cannot take away my rights and guarantees of 2A as an American and I welcome the efforts. Maybe I will ride my bicycle with my fishing gear and open carry like a boss? I guess we will have to wait because I respect the rule of law even if I dont agree with it. You (VCSO) are the reason I feel the need to #1 prove myself and #2 defend myself.

Unregistered

You're a moron. A complete moron. You've been informed numerous times on the facts of the matter yet you continue to ignore them to further your ignorant posts. Wake up! The county failed the people and gave away taxes payers money to a career criminal. All because the county attorney's are inexperienced and never held accountable. Further, his officer bill of rights were willfully violated numerous times! We (deputies) should be outraged! If that can happen to him, what stops it from happening to us?

We would all be lucky to have a person with Jenkins' resume protecting our dearest children. A marine corps veteran who provided himself in an actual gun fight as a deputy. Something everyone posting here (including myself) hasn't experienced.

Unregistered

The Sheriff cost the county $165,000, not Jenkins. If you recall the response to resistance report, prosecutor and judge ruled Jenkins actions reasonable and accepted.

So Mark Fuhrman, how do you justify releasing BWC footage of a drunk white lady cursing and defaming a black deputy but not publicizing Juarez's threats against Jenkins and his family? Or the subsequent arrest to follow where Juarez threatened that deputy and his family? Here you have a guy that has (on record) done this more than once, threatened to shoot up the Deltona academy school and you support him rather than Jenkins? You are the reason the public and your fellow boys in blue wont be backing you or calling you to back them. Reality sucks, doesn't it?

I dont practice Santaria, I ain't got no crystal ball....

Unregistered
    You're a moron. A complete moron. You've been informed numerous times on the facts of the matter yet you continue to ignore them to further your ignorant posts. Wake up! The county failed the people and gave away taxes payers money to a career criminal. All because the county attorney's are inexperienced and never held accountable. Further, his officer bill of rights were willfully violated numerous times! We (deputies) should be outraged! If that can happen to him, what stops it from happening to us?

We would all be lucky to have a person with Jenkins' resume protecting our dearest children. A marine corps veteran who provided himself in an actual gun fight as a deputy. Something everyone posting here (including myself) hasn't experienced.
    Great post! Nice to see facts verifiable by records. Andrew Jenkins is a hero and the poster is a zero!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast