Great White Hype - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    John Blackwood please come to Orange County.
    We will fight you lol

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Really?

I promised myself that I would never post or respond to one of these forums, but here it goes.

I respect a deputy’s opinion the deputies that work at the courthouse should not have take home cars. I get it. What I don’t get is when an anonymous deputy refers to deputies that work at the courthouse as “slugs” or that they “can’t cut it on the road”.

I’ve been with this agency for 20 years. 12 on the road and 8 at the courthouse. I did not get in trouble or could no longer hack it on the road. I transferred here by my choice. The schedule worked better for my family and I had suffered a spinal injury which was causing me pain at the time when I was constantly leaning over in the car to use my MCT. Further, I’ve never been written up and if you ask any of my peers that I did work with on the road I feel confident they would say I am a worker, didn’t duck ANY paperwork and looked out for the guys/girls on my shift. I also feel confident that anything you have done on the road I can say…..been there done that.

Also, if you haven’t noticed, several motors units have recently transferred to the courthouse as well as several respected SNP deputies and two investigators. There are also 2 deputies that had retired from NYPD and one retired captain from Rikers Island. Further, I can honestly say I would gladly have 95% of the deputies that work at the courthouse as back up ANY day.

So, I’m not going to speak for the deputies I work with, but before you go thumping your chest that you work on the road remember again, the majority of the deputies here have…been there done that.

Also, please feel free to contact me if you have more concerns about us. I might be able to clarify any false thoughts or notions you have about us, as I don’t need to stay anonymous and hide behind a keyboard.

Chris Loomis

407-474-5226

Unregistered
    Chris,

It is admirable for you to defend the honor of the courthouse, and while I don't agree with the infighting and calling each other out, there are a few valid points. It's not so much that the courthouse is a great place that folks are flocking to, it's more about where they are fleeing from. The road is a mess right now, all of the Department of Law Enforcement is. Given the choice, do you remain in that mess or do you go work somewhere that remains untouched. There are big benefits working for the wife of the boss! And no, I won't be signing my name.....I'm not crazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12