Great White Hype
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weeeeeeee!!!!

Great White Hype

Word is the new unmarked vehicles are arriving as we speak and are parked behind the juvenile courthouse. 21 new Ford Escapes all in white and 2 gray. According to the crash tests conducted on these beasts, a deputy should expect to survive any encounter with the blind mosquitoes on Lake Jessup at night while only a 17% chance of survival if hitting the average raccoon found in Geneva. Glad my Explorer is a better ride!

All white? I can't wait to see them all parked at the administration office. Investigators will need the last hour of the day to find their vehicle in a sea of white Escapes! On a side note, a new flavor has been added to the snow-cone trailer, extra salty!

Unregistered
    This is the dumbest post I’ve seen here. Stop. Just stop.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeeeeeee!!!! View Post
    Word is the new unmarked vehicles are arriving as we speak and are parked behind the juvenile courthouse. 21 new Ford Escapes all in white and 2 gray. According to the crash tests conducted on these beasts, a deputy should expect to survive any encounter with the blind mosquitoes on Lake Jessup at night while only a 17% chance of survival if hitting the average raccoon found in Geneva. Glad my Explorer is a better ride!

All white? I can't wait to see them all parked at the administration office. Investigators will need the last hour of the day to find their vehicle in a sea of white Escapes! On a side note, a new flavor has been added to the snow-cone trailer, extra salty!
    Hahahahaha!!!

Gonna look like a f*cking post office out back

Unregistered

Bye Felicia

Law enforcement? What’s that

This idea is just another example of how out of touch our agency is with law enforcement. What a great idea it is to put all investigations into the same unmarked car, which not to mention are nice bright white so they stand out like a sore thumb. Whoever came up with that idea clearly had not done surveillance or tried to follow an offender. Now one of our best tools in law enforcement have pretty much gone out the window.

All this was to save a few bucks. I’ll tell you we’re we can save some money. Take the cars from the courthouse. Why do courthouse Deputies have cars? There job is seriously the most cushy spot in the agency. They work for 30 mins, then get a 30 min break. They get take home cars, get weekends and holidays off. No wonder everyone is flocking to it.

I’m so done with this agency. I can’t wait till I walk out that door to my new job at OPD. At least there I will get to actually be a cop.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bye Felicia View Post
    This idea is just another example of how out of touch our agency is with law enforcement. What a great idea it is to put all investigations into the same unmarked car, which not to mention are nice bright white so they stand out like a sore thumb. Whoever came up with that idea clearly had not done surveillance or tried to follow an offender. Now one of our best tools in law enforcement have pretty much gone out the window.

All this was to save a few bucks. I’ll tell you we’re we can save some money. Take the cars from the courthouse. Why do courthouse Deputies have cars? There job is seriously the most cushy spot in the agency. They work for 30 mins, then get a 30 min break. They get take home cars, get weekends and holidays off. No wonder everyone is flocking to it.

I’m so done with this agency. I can’t wait till I walk out that door to my new job at OPD. At least there I will get to actually be a cop.
    Spot on. Courthouse Deps getting cars was such a stupid idea. Most of them didn’t even want them.

Law enforcement is not and has not been been a priority at the SCSO for the last 10 years. Facebook, Instagram, giving awards to people for turning 100, and lawns of the month are the priority. We are basically a big HOA.

I left and have never been happier. Paid more, treated better, and I didn’t have the stress of straight up hating my life when putting that uniform on everyday.

Dennis’ bullsh*t (and his “executive” staff) has really killed that place. They refuse to see or believe it but the morale at Seminole County has never been lower than it is right now.

Get out and never look back.

Unregistered

Eat your own, much?

Wow. Way to throw others under the bus. Take benefits from people who have earned them? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow. Way to throw others under the bus. Take benefits from people who have earned them? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
    What did they "earn" and how did they "earn" Courthous is where the slugs, trouble makers and those who could not cut on the road end up. It's the band of misfit children.

Unregistered
    John Blackwood please come to Orange County.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What did they "earn" and how did they "earn" Courthous is where the slugs, trouble makers and those who could not cut on the road end up. It's the band of misfit children.
    I promised myself that I'd never respond to one of these, but here we go. First, I respect your opinions that courthouse deputies should not have take home cars. I get it. What I don't get is the references to us as "slugs", "trouble makers", and not being able to cut it on the road.

I've been with this agency for 20 years. 12 on the road and 8 at the courthouse. I did not get sent there because I got into trouble or I couldn't hack it. I went there out of choice. The schedule was better for my family and I also suffered a spinal injury which caused pain when I was constantly leaning over to use my MCT in my vehicle. Further, I've have never been disciplined throughout my entire career.

I would like to point out that along with myself, several motors units transferred to the courthouse as well as several SNP deputies with great reputations as workers. Further, there are several deputies that are retired from NYPD and one retired captain from Rikers Island .

When I transferred to the courthouse I did so planning on waiting for my spine injury to get better, but then I realized I enjoyed it there. No back stabbing, everyone gets along for the most part, no egos etc.

So, when I see someone referring not only me, but people I am proud to work with as "slugs" , I do find it upsetting. Especially when said person remains anonymous. I will leave my name and number so you can feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further, but please show some of the same courage you probably claim to have on the road and leave your name instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

Chris Loomis

407-474-5226

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast