2020 Budget - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Budget

Unregistered
    Get your facts straight !!! called??? who because whomever told you that ,has no idea. Ask them how busy they are. They spend most of their time diddle daddle . Get the facts before you move to this town and support an over inflated filled with toy budget. The crime ?? A good laugh with my morning coffee.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Get your facts straight !!! called??? who because whomever told you that ,has no idea. Ask them how busy they are. They spend most of their time diddle daddle . Get the facts before you move to this town and support an over inflated filled with toy budget. The crime ?? A good laugh with my morning coffee.

Really get my facts straight?? This is the kind of craziness I have read on this board. I may be very new to this community but not to law enforcement and executive management. You can call and get the same info I did. It is public record after all. It sounds like you are the one that needs the facts as you are clueless. Fact is, according to their numbers they are way under staffed. Fact of the matter is ratios exist for a reason and are a benchmark. Granted, they don't always tell the entire story but this city land mass is huge. I had no idea how big it was until I did some quick poking around in the city website. I had no idea West villages was even in the city. The area of coverage is one of the largest in the state! Granted, I know the questions to ask and where to look. That still doesn't stop anyone from calling and asking. My department put out much of that information in our annual report to the citizens.

Unregistered
    The retired Major is right. I just went to the city police website and annual report is right there. They list only 109 officers. It is in black and white. Maybe your source is wrong??

Unregistered
    The retired Major is right. I just went to the city police website and annual report is right there. They list only 109 officers. It is in black and white. Maybe your source is wrong??
    In an ideal setting and world the figures quoted might be attainable, but in reality they are not. The so called major has not taken into account the sheriff who patrols the unincorporated area of NP and the civilians who generously volunteer there time and the civilians hired to answer the nuisance calls thus freeing up patrol officers. Remember these are figures created by police executives so therefore are a bit tainted and most certainly do not take into account the civilians and there duties. In reality, NP is somewhat of a bedroom community and is more than adequately patrolled by the existing force. I am sure the major had tough decisions in regards to manpower allotment and his city administration did not abide by the so called minimums man power etiquette He doesn't mind paying more for more police protection, I do. The money spent uselessly needs to stop. The range war between the sheriff and the PD needs to cease. We need to have shared services. The sheriff has an elite traffic unit and tac team and I consistently see his traffic units in NP. Territory wise NP is a large area, a lot of which is again unincorporated and patrolled by the sheriff ( The Chief LEO in the county)and some off Yorkshire which is undeveloped. So where do we draw the line, ideal figures created by police executives or reality. In regards to the so called PD bashing, its called open discussion if it offends you then well to bad, get over it or move on. Also since your new here, never ever believe any so called annual reports, they are over inflated and self serving. We will tell you what you want to hear.....It's the NP way

Unregistered
    In an ideal setting and world the figures quoted might be attainable, but in reality they are not. The so called major has not taken into account the sheriff who patrols the unincorporated area of NP and the civilians who generously volunteer there time and the civilians hired to answer the nuisance calls thus freeing up patrol officers. Remember these are figures created by police executives so therefore are a bit tainted and most certainly do not take into account the civilians and there duties. In reality, NP is somewhat of a bedroom community and is more than adequately patrolled by the existing force. I am sure the major had tough decisions in regards to manpower allotment and his city administration did not abide by the so called minimums man power etiquette He doesn't mind paying more for more police protection, I do. The money spent uselessly needs to stop. The range war between the sheriff and the PD needs to cease. We need to have shared services. The sheriff has an elite traffic unit and tac team and I consistently see his traffic units in NP. Territory wise NP is a large area, a lot of which is again unincorporated and patrolled by the sheriff ( The Chief LEO in the county)and some off Yorkshire which is undeveloped. So where do we draw the line, ideal figures created by police executives or reality. In regards to the so called PD bashing, its called open discussion if it offends you then well to bad, get over it or move on. Also since your new here, never ever believe any so called annual reports, they are over inflated and self serving. We will tell you what you want to hear.....It's the NP way
    The numbers are not made up. These are based upon what is needed. You can't use civilians in those numbers no matter how many you have volunteering. Again, that is is the problem with people who have zero experience or clue as to how to staff a department on any level of government. You don't and can't rely on a sheriff to patrol incorporated cities. Their manpower is based upon unincorporated populations and no Sheriff has the luxury of having the manpower to cover cities even half the size of North Port. You might want to listen to experienced police leaders. I hope a few uneducated idiots don't make me regret moving here.

Unregistered

Question

Really get my facts straight?? This is the kind of craziness I have read on this board. I may be very new to this community but not to law enforcement and executive management. You can call and get the same info I did. It is public record after all. It sounds like you are the one that needs the facts as you are clueless. Fact is, according to their numbers they are way under staffed. Fact of the matter is ratios exist for a reason and are a benchmark. Granted, they don't always tell the entire story but this city land mass is huge. I had no idea how big it was until I did some quick poking around in the city website. I had no idea West villages was even in the city. The area of coverage is one of the largest in the state! Granted, I know the questions to ask and where to look. That still doesn't stop anyone from calling and asking. My department put out much of that information in our annual report to the citizens.
    Exactly what would you change, if you could?

Unregistered
    Exactly what would you change, if you could?
    I really don't know anything about the department to say. My department was vastly different and much larger. I would need a lot more information before ever could give proper input.

Unregistered
    I really don't know anything about the department to say. My department was vastly different and much larger. I would need a lot more information before ever could give proper input.
    Exactly so save your knowledge about what is needed. You are not aware of the facts. The facts are we have plenty of officers and more will be hired. The facts are a report on a city website is just that. Do you think they are going to tell you we have enough when they are dipping their hands in the taxpayers cookie jar. This is a safe community. Hopefully, with the body cams the citizens will also be safe. Take a scroll through this forum and you will see exactly how busy they are. Take a scroll through and understand some citizens were attacked and abused by the former admin. And those are the ones reported . There were many others that were to afraid to come forward. You could always do a ride with one of the officers and see exactly, how busy they are. No one is trying to put down the police. We are just trying to have some accountability in this town. A word that has been missing for many many years.

On another note interesting how everyone is so concerned about hanks leaving his post early. The sheep did not say that about Linda Yates who did the same thing. Hanks is wasting his time and money. There is no way after the way he treated the tax payers he will be voted in for anything. Cut your losses Hanks you cannot disrespect citizens and expect them to vote you in for anything. Bad move hanks.

Unregistered
    Exactly so save your knowledge about what is needed. You are not aware of the facts. The facts are we have plenty of officers and more will be hired. The facts are a report on a city website is just that. Do you think they are going to tell you we have enough when they are dipping their hands in the taxpayers cookie jar. This is a safe community. Hopefully, with the body cams the citizens will also be safe. Take a scroll through this forum and you will see exactly how busy they are. Take a scroll through and understand some citizens were attacked and abused by the former admin. And those are the ones reported . There were many others that were to afraid to come forward. You could always do a ride with one of the officers and see exactly, how busy they are. No one is trying to put down the police. We are just trying to have some accountability in this town. A word that has been missing for many many years.

On another note interesting how everyone is so concerned about hanks leaving his post early. The sheep did not say that about Linda Yates who did the same thing. Hanks is wasting his time and money. There is no way after the way he treated the tax payers he will be voted in for anything. Cut your losses Hanks you cannot disrespect citizens and expect them to vote you in for anything. Bad move hanks.
    Save my knowledge. You have zero knowledge or relevance in police staffing. Facts are facts whether you agree or not. Frankly your opinion means squat in the grand scheme of things. Fact is the police department is no where even close the number of average officers for police departments in Florida let alone the nation. Argue that all you want but you still come out on the educated end every time. If you had real knowledge on police staffing or any ability to comprehend facts and figures, you would know how off base your claims are. You think paid professional consultants live for years and consult only in the cities they live in? By your reasoning that I have only lived here for three months that I am not qualified. So no consultant ever would be. That makes as much sense as unicorns and pixie dust.

Unregistered

Save my knowledge?? You are obviously don't care about facts. What is so hard to comprehend that North Port is grossly lower (not even close) to the state average and national average for number of officers based upon population. Heck, that doesn't even include size. It doesn't matter that I have only lived here for three months to know that. Facts are facts. You choose to ignore them I assume to further what ever uneducated agenda you have. Not sure what that would be. It actually sounds like you are just a cop hater with some type of axe to grind because it makes zero sense that you would ignore the facts. Secondly, I don't need to live in a community to consult or look at facts and figures. Imagine of every consultant in the world had to lice in the city they were consulting. You see.how silly you sound and why it appears you hate the police??

At the end of the day officer to citizen ratios are for a reason. It is ok for the vast majority of agencies to follow them but not North Port? For the record, I looked up the FDLE statistics and North Port is the Only police department in Manatee, Sarasota and Charlotte Counties with a officer to population ratio below the state and national average! You see why I think you have an axe to grind or hate the police? Did you or someone you know get arrested? Do you commonly break the law??

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast