2020 Budget
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Budget

Unregistered

2020 Budget

This is going to be unpopular ,but it needs to be said. As everyone knows our commission failed us and raised our taxes. lately we have seen the hype from a certain commissioner we are losing men to FHP, BS, FHP tops out at 41 grand, no city cop would go there. Secondly they need take home cars because they go to court from there house (see NPCC FB page) part of the existing budget deficit is because of the wasted money on the SWAT tank 400Grand and the 300 grand on the traffic cars amongst other wasted spending. So we all know it is rumored the PD wants an entirely new headquarters to be built near the post office, estimated at near 35-45 million dollars. Apparently they state the pink castle is to small. I thought the original idea was to add additions, but since they always get what they want, lets go for the new bldg. The idea of a motorcycle unit is still alive, no money but still alive. We all admit, life under the last admin was hell. No raises for years, poor working conditions and understaffed. NP is growing. We now have civilian aides and volunteers who handle the tedious duties, which frees the PD up to handle crime. NP is no Ft Myers nor do we want it to be, pay the PD equal to other PD's. Now the take home cars. NPPD jurisdiction ends at the city line, they have no authority outside the city. So I ask why I see cars in Sarasota, Port Charlotte, Ft Myers driveways. gyms etc. NPPD has what 150-200 vehicles in its fleet. The marked SUV's are expensive, the unmarked fleet is mostly leased. Both cost us lots and lots of money. There is no law which makes it mandatory to issue every officer his/hers own vehicle, its traditional and contractual.. That was fine when we had ten cars and were short officers so they had to respond from there homes, that no longer exists. Venice PD went to fleet cars years ago and that's working fine. So I ask just why cant the city stop the take home car policy and have assigned fleet cars, which simply is the cars stay at the station and are rotated in and out of service. With the number of new SUV's we have NPPD will not have to purchase vehs for five plus years. In addition some PD's repaint the old marked units and make the plainclothes utilize them, they are already fully equipped. This will save the taxpayers millions a year in unnecessary expenditures. Does having one of our cars in a driveway in Ft Myers or Sarasota stop crime, how does that benefit our city. Another idea is to allow only the officers living within the NP city limits to take home a car, this certainly would intise an officer to live where he works. When KV left, CM ran the dept and was given carte blanc, now we are paying for it. The dept has become demanding/spoiled and wants to be the best equipped in the state, that's fine. but at what cost. Because of the long standing feud between departments, The sheriffs dept in under utilized. Another suggestion would be the city purchase a paddy wagon prisoner transport van and utilize one civilian/officer to transport to the jail. All paperwork to be emailed to the jail, we certainly have the computer capabilities . As it stands now there could be two, three etc cars at the jail at once. out of the city out of service With the money saved in switching to fleet, this could be instituted and would certainly be cost effective. We cannot solve the problems by throwing money at it I thought the motto of the new administration was fiscal responsibility not fiscal irresponsibility

Unregistered
    I also find it deplorable that when I attended the commission meeting for the budget the booze from emrichs mouth was permeating the room. Did the officers not smell it? This is not the first time. It is well known that Mr emirich is a boozer and drives daily doing so. He drove home from that meeting and many could smell it. I find it appalling he talks about oh the police need this and that when he breaks the law daily. Who voted him in. Is he above the law. He drives and puts people in danger. Now he is spewing off about five police officers being hired to take care drug dealers so he can drive around this town drunk frequently it has been a well known fact for years. Another known fact is his wife writes everything for him. This is not him speaking. He is to drunk and uneducated to do so. What a shame that he gives this over inflated police budget the green light while he is knocking down citizens with his booze breath. The citizens that also paid extra when he went on a conference and got drunk at the airport and missed his plane. Mr emrich we know you are such a great advocate for this over inflated budget and we do know why. I can tell you that the next election you will be voted out. ( or should I say your wife will be) In the mean time I hope you do not kill innocent citizens with your frequent drinking and driving. How many passes have you got on that. None of us want to listen to a hypocrite or smell one at a public meeting. What a shame and a disgrace to this city. We are laughing stocks of the county because of drinking and driving boozers like you.

Unregistered
    copwatch was there telling the sheeple about you're stupidity..
    https://youtu.be/NPAGeiV3Aus COPWATCH TOLD THE SHEEPLE THE TRUTH OF THE COPS TYRANNY ON THEM,THEY THINK U R A PIGGY BANK..CHARLOTTE COUNTY,SHERIFF,BILL PRUMMELL DID NOT AREST DRUG DEALER DETECTIVE JAMES WHITE @NorthPortPolice

@CCSOFLSheriff

@PGPDFL

@CollierSheriff

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I also find it deplorable that when I attended the commission meeting for the budget the booze from emrichs mouth was permeating the room. Did the officers not smell it? This is not the first time. It is well known that Mr emirich is a boozer and drives daily doing so. He drove home from that meeting and many could smell it. I find it appalling he talks about oh the police need this and that when he breaks the law daily. Who voted him in. Is he above the law. He drives and puts people in danger. Now he is spewing off about five police officers being hired to take care drug dealers so he can drive around this town drunk frequently it has been a well known fact for years. Another known fact is his wife writes everything for him. This is not him speaking. He is to drunk and uneducated to do so. What a shame that he gives this over inflated police budget the green light while he is knocking down citizens with his booze breath. The citizens that also paid extra when he went on a conference and got drunk at the airport and missed his plane. Mr emrich we know you are such a great advocate for this over inflated budget and we do know why. I can tell you that the next election you will be voted out. ( or should I say your wife will be) In the mean time I hope you do not kill innocent citizens with your frequent drinking and driving. How many passes have you got on that. None of us want to listen to a hypocrite or smell one at a public meeting. What a shame and a disgrace to this city. We are laughing stocks of the county because of drinking and driving boozers like you.
    You sound a bit bitter, name calling and insults are juvenile. If you thought he was tanked simply either be responsible and confront him or pick up the phone call 911 its recorded and complain, see something say something !!! As far as Pete being a responsible commissioner, he is probably the least of your problems. His only weakness as I see it is that he is gullible and believes what city employees tell him and does not check the actual facts. His letter on NPCC FB page was lets say a crock. He was not responsible for the tank and the 350K for that traffic unit, it was done before him. It is what it is, like it or not the employees and bills need to get paid. Does this city management need to change, absolutely. You have a political hack as a city Manager and elected commissioners who have zero public experience, you get what you allow. Is a strong mayor more favorable, this actually could get worse if we go that route. Half the commission will be gone shortly so who will we get as replacements.
    Who wants to put up with this crap for 30K a year !!! One thing the city manager and the commission need to do is learn the word NO, No to anymore toys, No to freebee take home cars, no unneeded specialty units and make all depts. cut there budgets now, by at least 10 percent, can it be done, crying and arguing aside, all the departments budgets are full of fat, make them lean. Less chiefs more Indians most depts. have adopted the promote or hire , so know we have more supervision in most depts. and less actual workers, cut the fat.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Stand for something!?*

What does Mayor Hanks stand for? *Clearly rules dont matter.. He says one thing, "I dont attack" and then he goes on to blame Kate Shakira for HIS breech of election laws during the 2016 Primary

Next on his attack list would be the Kindest woman I know, Mayor Jackie Moore. *It was #Shameful

Some things never change.. he has openly disrespected Citizens, fellow Commissioner McDowell this past year.. including openly dressing her down on the dais to steamroll the clock or the issues. *Her ability not to return fire is nothing short of Amazing.

During the budget hearings he was disengaged and unwilling to budge. *When the taxpayers showed up to confront the Mayor and his insistence on a nearly 30% tax hike, he lost his nerve.. well until the next day, when he showed up again at radio station and preached about the uninformed FB folks.. you know the same uninformed FB ones that "his social media campaign ran on in 2016.

#TwoHeadedSnake damning others for what he himself does.

#NoThanksHanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=76EC2DsfYCU

Unregistered
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww now i sea why its so mesed up there in north port,u guys r insane,except 4 stefanie

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Stand for something!?*

What does Mayor Hanks stand for? *Clearly rules dont matter.. He says one thing, "I dont attack" and then he goes on to blame Kate Shakira for HIS breech of election laws during the 2016 Primary

Next on his attack list would be the Kindest woman I know, Mayor Jackie Moore. *It was #Shameful

Some things never change.. he has openly disrespected Citizens, fellow Commissioner McDowell this past year.. including openly dressing her down on the dais to steamroll the clock or the issues. *Her ability not to return fire is nothing short of Amazing.

During the budget hearings he was disengaged and unwilling to budge. *When the taxpayers showed up to confront the Mayor and his insistence on a nearly 30% tax hike, he lost his nerve.. well until the next day, when he showed up again at radio station and preached about the uninformed FB folks.. you know the same uninformed FB ones that "his social media campaign ran on in 2016.

#NoThanksHanks

Well said. His radio rant was a slap in the face to the citizens. Laughing at citizens is not the way to win an election. I agree Pete never should have been elected. He is not fit for duty. Who cares if he was not around when things were voted in. He has shown his true colors. And Yes he smells like a barroom. Mr Pete is just following is idol Mr Hanks. Like the above said NO thanks Hanks. Pete grow some or should I say Elaine. You are not fooling anyone.

Unregistered

Smells like Cook

Okay so let me get this straight. You believe that Mr. Emrich was drunk on the night of the budget meeting. You say it because you could smell his breath.
    Yet, it's a known fact that you don't go anywhere near Mr. Emrich because you refuse to speak to him or ask him any questions. You didn't even know what he looked like before he ran for office, yet you were thrashing him years before that when he works for the city.
    I took a picture of everyone in the chamberd and you weren't even there. You must have been in the overflow room. I was in the lobby and you weren't there.
    How are you going to smell someone's breath from the overflow room?
    #2, you said he advocated for five police officers, not true. Again you were incorrect. Where do you get your information from?
    There's only four police officers in the budget for the West Villages area.
    #3 Apparently you were not at the airport with him. He couldn't have been drinking because he was standing in line when the plane left him.
    You are supposed to arrive at the airport two hours early. I dropped him off two and a half hours early and he went straight to the line. He called and said it was extremely long and wasn't moving at all and feared he wasn't going to make it to the gate. I asked what he thought the problem was. He said there was a lot of kids who look like they were on spring break.
    The only person who's upset that he missed the flight is you. We know this because you continuously write about it in your blog which no one else is allowed to respond to clarify all of your misinformation and name-calling and hatred.
    It appears you have forgotten all of the taxpayer money that you wasted when you were a commissioner going to butterfly gardens down in the Keys and attending out of town commission meetings in Bonita Springs for no reason where it required you to stay in a fancy hotel. You never explain to the public why you went to that meeting. in fact you said you didn't want the public "micromanaging" your travel budget.
    You simply just wanted the experience and had money in your travel budget to do so and you did it.
    At least Mr. Emrich went to Washington DC to represent the City of North Port to ask for federal funds for hurricanes and not on vacation in Key West like you did. That trip cost us taxpayers $853 in transportation costs, which is more than the plane ticket to Washington DC.
    What you seem to forget is that you voted to make the city hall a non-public forum. That meant if the commissions after you didn't undo that vote, no one would have been allowed to protest in front of City Hall on Thursday without police telling them to leave.
    Just remember every time you point the finger there's three pointing back at you. You profess to be a Christian, yet you spew untruth every week about people you have never personally met before. You call them uneducated but how would you know because you refused to speak to them. You have just designated that you will hate for the rest of your life.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Okay so let me get this straight. You believe that Mr. Emrich was drunk on the night of the budget meeting. You say it because you could smell his breath.
    Yet, it's a known fact that you don't go anywhere near Mr. Emrich because you refuse to speak to him or ask him any questions. You didn't even know what he looked like before he ran for office, yet you were thrashing him years before that when he works for the city.
    I took a picture of everyone in the chamberd and you weren't even there. You must have been in the overflow room. I was in the lobby and you weren't there.
    How are you going to smell someone's breath from the overflow room?
    #2, you said he advocated for five police officers, not true. Again you were incorrect. Where do you get your information from?
    There's only four police officers in the budget for the West Villages area.
    #3 Apparently you were not at the airport with him. He couldn't have been drinking because he was standing in line when the plane left him.
    You are supposed to arrive at the airport two hours early. I dropped him off two and a half hours early and he went straight to the line. He called and said it was extremely long and wasn't moving at all and feared he wasn't going to make it to the gate. I asked what he thought the problem was. He said there was a lot of kids who look like they were on spring break.
    The only person who's upset that he missed the flight is you. We know this because you continuously write about it in your blog which no one else is allowed to respond to clarify all of your misinformation and name-calling and hatred.
    It appears you have forgotten all of the taxpayer money that you wasted when you were a commissioner going to butterfly gardens down in the Keys and attending out of town commission meetings in Bonita Springs for no reason where it required you to stay in a fancy hotel. You never explain to the public why you went to that meeting. in fact you said you didn't want the public "micromanaging" your travel budget.
    You simply just wanted the experience and had money in your travel budget to do so and you did it.
    At least Mr. Emrich went to Washington DC to represent the City of North Port to ask for federal funds for hurricanes and not on vacation in Key West like you did. That trip cost us taxpayers $853 in transportation costs, which is more than the plane ticket to Washington DC.
    What you seem to forget is that you voted to make the city hall a non-public forum. That meant if the commissions after you didn't undo that vote, no one would have been allowed to protest in front of City Hall on Thursday without police telling them to leave.
    Just remember every time you point the finger there's three pointing back at you. You profess to be a Christian, yet you spew untruth every week about people you have never personally met before. You call them uneducated but how would you know because you refused to speak to them. You have just designated that you will hate for the rest of your life.
    Oh Elaine really writing for your husband again. There are many in this city that know how your husband drinks and drives. There are many that know what the tax payers had to pay for at the airport. Wrong again. The 4 police officers at the west villages are fine it is the five other new hires. No your husband was not drunk at the last budget meeting it was the one before. The only reason her one is because the other one running was bullied out of the race. Please Cook is not the only one that knows the truth. Keep your husband off the roads for the sake of the tax payers that pay for his booze.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Stand for something!?*

#NoThanksHanks

Hanks,He needs his 10 gallon hat to fit his ego, he is history in the near future, he is done. But if you scroll thru the ABCD and M chronicles, I seem to remember you defending him when he was running, it's neither here or there but you also advocates against former commissioner Moore, She was clearly entrenched with the last administration and needed to go and the taxpayers agreed. (Benderson affiliation strike a bell) Personalities aside, Pete loves this city. He went against the dais and fought to at least lower the tax hike. He is only one person. Everyone knows if you have a problem in North Port and it involves the city, just call Pete, He will work to resolve or at lest try. Not like any of the former commissioners and some of the present. We have elected commissioners on likability not qualifications and rightfully so since there are no/zero/none qualifications other than the basic ones. I ask just how do we make it better ??? You were a staunch advocate of the new chief, what has he done other than spend money and promote CM and his cronies. He has created numerous non essential positions and lured many of his former Lee County boys and given them good jobs, but in his defense, he is likable. Now he wants a new 35 plus million police station, has extensive fleet of expensive vehicles. Things were disastrous in the last admin. City gave the PD big raises, they are now making more money than most City PD;s in the area. This in addition to the free SUV, free gas and free insurance we the taxpayers also provide. What he did was simple he rode out the storm and backed off the troops and didn't illegally fire good employees. He wears no cape per se. He backed CM on the tank and also on the unneeded, unnecessary rainbow traffic fleet with the ghost graphics, to the tune of what 300 plus thousand dollars. They(traffic) do not answer calls, they only write traffic tickets. I will admit Pete bought into there BS, hook line and sinker as did the other commissioners. The commissioners should direct Lear to cut the dept budgets by five to ten percent. We don't need four more officers, reassign them. Put the traffic unit back on patrol to answer calls. Patrol is certainly not overworked since the volunteers and civilians work the non criminal calls. Abolish the take home car program. This is just one dept, I am sure there is plenty to cut in all city depts. Organize, petition and make waves as you did to help rid this city of the last administration. Pete and Debbie are doing a great job, VC, Hanks and JL are history . As the previous election has taught NP, we are no longer going to just sit back and take it, fiscal responsibility whether they like it or not.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast