2020 Budget - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Budget

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Staffing per the June 2019 version of the Budget

The PD organization chart in the June 2019 version of the City Budget shows staffing breakdown as follows:

2. - Executive
    20 - Admin
    143 - Leo's

Not sure where the Community Aides fall in that split. I am assuming in the LEO count.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    The PD organization chart in the June 2019 version of the City Budget shows staffing breakdown as follows:

2. - Executive
    20 - Admin
    143 - Leo's

Not sure where the Community Aides fall in that split. I am assuming in the LEO count.
    Well that is nowhere near accurate. Even if you combine Sworn LEO's and the CSA's we don't even have 120 budgeted. With the four more coming in the next budget that would still put us less than 125 combined. The other posters were correct in that civilians (even CSA's) don't count towards recommended state and national ratios for law enforcement. The above figures don't even break down dispatchers, crime scene, evidence, records and etc.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just to clarify sir, nobody from the Honor Guard was "promoted" to CID. That position, in and of itself, is a lateral transfer and does not grant any supervisory duties or higher rank. Anyone selected to CID goes through an oral board selection process. We have never staffed CID when there was not an open position. Currently we are not fully staffed in CID.

We have only 4 traffic officers and one traffic sergeant. There are two vacancies in that unit.

We have two SET officers, not ten, with one SET sergeant. Currently there are two vacancies in that unit.

The incorporated city is 103 square miles and is the 5th largest FL city in size and the 49th largest FL city in population. It is the largest city in size and population in Sarasota County. For comparison, the city of Sarasota is 26 square miles and they have 136 uniformed officers and 48 Detectives. NPPD has at least 30 fewer uniformed officers and 36 fewer detectives. On a typical 12 hour shift, we have about 8 officers and two sergeants that are on duty assigned to road patrol. All squads are short at this time.

Yes we have three CSAs and they answer calls for service that do not require a uniformed officer. They work Monday through Friday and do not work past 9 pm. Our VSAs only conduct vacant house checks and are used for traffic control or sitting on a crime scene.

As far as "useless" promotions, we have adequate supervision and limit span of control to no more 8 per sergeant. Each squad has one Commander that answers to one Captain. There are three Detective Sergeants (this includes the SIU sergeant) and they and their members answer to a commander and another Captain. The remaining members of the Special Operations Command include the SET team, Traffic Unit, and K9 which include two Sergeants and one Commander. The remaining support services include one additional Captain and Commander and they oversee all support services and professional standards.

SSO does poach in the city for traffic enforcement but only at West Villages. SSO does not patrol the grid and barely patrols Warm Mineral Springs. SSO does not enter the city unless they're poaching traffic or serving a warrant, ex parte order, or eviction order. SSO most certainly DOES NOT patrol within the city limits.

I hope that clarifies your misconceptions with our agency, and like the major says, you can always call NPPD and get these facts.
    Correct NP has 103 sq miles which broken down is actually 99 sq miles of land, 4.75 mile on unpatrolled waterways and included approx. 10+/- sq miles on unincorporated land mass. Best estimate 64 thousand +/- residents

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I will put in a record request and get the official staffing counts. I assumed the Budget docs would be accurate. Silly me, I should know better.

Unregistered
    pretty bad when one does not know how many sworn LEOs are on the Agency. I do not live in North Port although was interested in moving into the city at one time ,untill I went to the FDLE website to ascertain the amount of sworn officers.
    After viewing the cities population, square mileage and the amount of officers, I decided Sarasota would be a better choice
    Yes I am a retired Police Officer,so I might know where to look for statistics, the point is the city of North Port is short of Police Officers and hopefully your new Police Chief has the courage to rock the boat and request more Police Officers. Once you get behind it costs way too much money to catch up.
    just an opinion from a cop who did 20 in Philadelphia and another 20 in Miami-Dade County.

Unregistered
    pretty bad when one does not know how many sworn LEOs are on the Agency. I do not live in North Port although was interested in moving into the city at one time ,untill I went to the FDLE website to ascertain the amount of sworn officers.
    After viewing the cities population, square mileage and the amount of officers, I decided Sarasota would be a better choice
    Yes I am a retired Police Officer,so I might know where to look for statistics, the point is the city of North Port is short of Police Officers and hopefully your new Police Chief has the courage to rock the boat and request more Police Officers. Once you get behind it costs way too much money to catch up.
    just an opinion from a cop who did 20 in Philadelphia and another 20 in Miami-Dade County.
    This is so funny. North Port and the crime rate are not even close to that area. IT is a bedroom community get it. Oh boy what a farce to think because we have a large land mass that we need a militia and a 600.000 thousand dollar toy. Yes a public records request would be the only way to find the truth. Also how many are they budgeted for and how many hires they need to reach that budget. There are openings from the budget from last year and this year.

Unregistered
    Just to clarify sir, nobody from the Honor Guard was "promoted" to CID. That position, in and of itself, is a lateral transfer and does not grant any supervisory duties or higher rank. Anyone selected to CID goes through an oral board selection process. We have never staffed CID when there was not an open position. Currently we are not fully staffed in CID.

We have only 4 traffic officers and one traffic sergeant. There are two vacancies in that unit.

We have two SET officers, not ten, with one SET sergeant. Currently there are two vacancies in that unit.

The incorporated city is 103 square miles and is the 5th largest FL city in size and the 49th largest FL city in population. It is the largest city in size and population in Sarasota County. For comparison, the city of Sarasota is 26 square miles and they have 136 uniformed officers and 48 Detectives. NPPD has at least 30 fewer uniformed officers and 36 fewer detectives. On a typical 12 hour shift, we have about 8 officers and two sergeants that are on duty assigned to road patrol. All squads are short at this time.

Yes we have three CSAs and they answer calls for service that do not require a uniformed officer. They work Monday through Friday and do not work past 9 pm. Our VSAs only conduct vacant house checks and are used for traffic control or sitting on a crime scene.

As far as "useless" promotions, we have adequate supervision and limit span of control to no more 8 per sergeant. Each squad has one Commander that answers to one Captain. There are three Detective Sergeants (this includes the SIU sergeant) and they and their members answer to a commander and another Captain. The remaining members of the Special Operations Command include the SET team, Traffic Unit, and K9 which include two Sergeants and one Commander. The remaining support services include one additional Captain and Commander and they oversee all support services and professional standards.

SSO does poach in the city for traffic enforcement but only at West Villages. SSO does not patrol the grid and barely patrols Warm Mineral Springs. SSO does not enter the city unless they're poaching traffic or serving a warrant, ex parte order, or eviction order. SSO most certainly DOES NOT patrol within the city limits.

I hope that clarifies your misconceptions with our agency, and like the major says, you can always call NPPD and get these facts.
    103 sq mile of which 4.75 +/- is water (un patrolled) and 10 +/= is the un incorporated area included in the over all figure. This figure includes the undeveloped area out by Yorkshire, aka the boonies.

Unregistered
    prr request for the north port police report where they illegally used excessive force witch kieth bush and chad walkers dog on matt poulin who was not a threat

we had a tip that it doesnt look the same as what they wrote now that the court appointed lawyer got back the victims security can footage that the corrupt cops tried to delete

https://youtu.be/bGTF8QrawXw NORTH PORT,COPS ILLEGAL & EXCESSIVE FORCE DOG MAULED A MAN THAT WAS NO THREAT..CHARLOTTE COUNTY,SHERIFF,BILL PRUMMELL DID NOT AREST DRUG DEALER DETECTIVE JAMES WHITE @NorthPortPolice

@CCSOFLSheriff

@PGPDFL

@CollierSheriff

Unregistered
    103 sq mile of which 4.75 +/- is water (un patrolled) and 10 +/= is the un incorporated area included in the over all figure. This figure includes the undeveloped area out by Yorkshire, aka the boonies.
    That figure is the incorporated city limits and thus is area that is patrolled. Yes even in the "boonies" where we've been having issues with underage drinking and partying.

Unregistered
    That figure is the incorporated city limits and thus is area that is patrolled. Yes even in the "boonies" where we've been having issues with underage drinking and partying.
    includes--pretty self explanatory !!!! One zone car occasionally, since the response time and backup time are to long, sort of like west villages and there is little population out there. FWC there quite often. Cant be everywhere all the time !!!!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast