Vote for Change - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote for Change

Unregistered
    Vote for Change ?? Really, Im perfectly fine and the city is fine . No lay offs, no tax increase, crime rate reduced, roadways and traffic issues are a working progress, good pay and benefits, outstanding parks, entertainment, restaurants and social activities across the city. This is what is happening now This is what we have now. Change? Why we are on the right path. Change ? Believe me if we “change”, the same whiners will still be crying and complaining. They are never happy or satisfied. Don’t believe the hype. Ask them to specifically explain “change” what would they do different, how, and explain in detail what is wrong with this path?

Unregistered
    The grass is never greener on any other side Stay happy and work in “the yard” you know !!

Unregistered
    Porter has always been a supporter of law enforcement especially HPD. He has always been fair and objective while serving Homestead. As city employees we know this and can’t ignore that fact. It’s time we give our support back

Unregistered
    Porter 👍 Roth 👍

Unregistered
    Don’t need no change. Change is the unknown, Porter Gretsas and the council (whether you personally like them or not) have done a phenomenal job running this city. NO layoffs, new and current equipment, raises for employees, NO increase in taxes, a BALANCED budget, roads are being fixed (just looked up that the majority the city has little or no control because they are Miami-Dade County’s responsibly; bet your other incumbents failed to mention that when blaming the current city government) as quickly as governments move. Remember everyone will promise the sun, moon and stars but rarely does that fantasy come true.

All things are truly good in Homestead with a good group leading tha last several years. Everyone loves to point out negatives or mistakes be take a look around Homestead prospers.

Unregistered
    I remember when SL was on city council way back. Always looked angry and irritated at council meetings. Never spoke in favor of the PD. Never came to offer input to officers , detectives and staff. Never stopped in go get input or ideas from us either.
    Just my 2 cents to think about
    I’m glad I’m long always from there now

Unregistered
    Porter, and current Council have done great over the years. Wish Gretsas would stay as he was part of great functioning team. He has his reason and explained them ( we respectfully understand). You clowns who want change (why....If it ain’t broke don’t fix it) ahhhh ! Maybe it’s because none of you can get what you want from your own merit. You must want something in exchange Hmmmm... yeah that’s it. How about boosting yourself along with character, work ethics and maybe things will happen.
    But know you would instead sell your soul and that of the ones next to you for “change”.

No Thanks. No change needed
    Porter, Gretsas, current Council, Chief&Major we support you as you support us those who don’t need change.

Unregistered

Time out

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Porter, and current Council have done great over the years. Wish Gretsas would stay as he was part of great functioning team. He has his reason and explained them ( we respectfully understand). You clowns who want change (why....If it ain’t broke don’t fix it) ahhhh ! Maybe it’s because none of you can get what you want from your own merit. You must want something in exchange Hmmmm... yeah that’s it. How about boosting yourself along with character, work ethics and maybe things will happen.
    But know you would instead sell your soul and that of the ones next to you for “change”.

No Thanks. No change needed
    Porter, Gretsas, current Council, Chief&Major we support you as you support us those who don’t need change.
    It sucks when things dont go your way. I think someone need a time out. Wait snap you are about to have alot of time off.

Unregistered
    Yep. I live in the city and will be voting for JP and LR. Nothing to complain about. Yeah traffic sucks but from what has been explained it is being addressed as best as possible. No increases in taxes. Can’t complain about pay or healthcare. So far city employees have been lucky with that. I have worked for the city a while and have always heard good things about the PD, Chief and Colonel. Surprised at the complainers on this forum.

Porter and this Council have been more than fair; they have been efficient and effective so why the hell would I or anyone else choose otherwise

Unregistered
    I have sat down for hours on several occasions with J Porter He is a genuine character and uses common sense based on the majority. I have seen him bypass things that he supported personally, however acted upon what the Homestead residents wanted. If you doubt the man, please. Reach out to him. Your doubts will be eased.

I have only spoken to Roth a few brief times but he too is genuine. Very busy but genuine. Busy helping others (programs, charities and events)

I have also spent time with Faircloth and Burgess again very active and genuine towards Homestead, residents and employees.

I have run across and spent time with the Police Chief and Police Colonel. They too are involved not only with their department but community as well. Just saw city posting that crime is lowest in 30 years. That does not happen by accident only by dedication and hard work.

So to all of this negative commenters; You must not truly know these people or are physically, professionally, and emotionally blind

Gentlemen keep up the good work. Thank You

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast