The Great Crash of Adams Arms at PCSO
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

The Great Crash of Adams Arms at PCSO

So what was the final straw that made the Sheriff pull every single Adams Arms Carbine off the road in such a rush? Was it the fact that some of the carbines fired full auto when set for semi-auto when they were first issued three or four years ago? Was it the failure to feed the next round in the magazine when any movement happened with the magazine? Was it the broken firing pin? Was it a fire safety switch issue?

And when exactly did any of this become such an emergency? Issues with these carbines has been known since we got them. Known. Not suspected. Not just alleged. Known. Hell there is a video of the continuous failure to feed issue.

So why now is it suddenly an emergency to get rid of Adams Arms Carbines? Has the Training Division chain of command, “Stef”, been in denial? I mean hell you got rid of almost everyone who was in training when these issues first surfaced. Was it the Ass Chief who just kept ignoring these documented failures that should have put a halt to their issue at all? Was it the Chief Deputy who kept all of these well known issues from the Sheriff? I wonder what former Pasco Sheriff Bob White has to say on the matter.

You 3rd floor mother f#%kers don’t give a flying crap that one of us could have been killed due to carbine failures. Failures that NEVER happened with Bushmaster or Rock River. No, something else happened that hushed all of the trainers that were screaming about these failures. Because anyone between “Stef” and “Dan” who claims they didn’t know anything about these issues is a bold faced liar. That includes you too “Sean”. Three perfect assholes who say anything to protect their own asses and keep things like this from the Sheriff.

That makes me wonder about the Training Unit Purge. That makes wonder about how harshly Pappas was shown the door. That makes me wonder why Kiefhauber quit.

And lastly, it really makes wonder if anyone got a great deal on an Adams Arms 7.62 straight from the factory after a tour and our subsequent contract with them. Where is Adams Arms today? Finished. Where are their carbines we bought? Bagged and tagged. Who at PCSO is to blame for this epic failure? Sheriff some transparency would be nice. And a termination or two. Show you actually give a crap.

Unregistered
    Bob always mentions transparency, responsibility and accountability, and that nobody is exempt. Let's see some heads roll, terminations or at least demotions for whoever was responsible for this safety and financial disaster. Can't wait to see Bob's press conference explaining all this and the cost of this waste of money to the taxpayers. That is if there is any integrity on the 3rd floor.

Unregistered
    I believe that the Sheriff has integrity. But I believe there are people close to him who have none. They are gifted at playing dumb to things that make them look bad. They blame those below. They present things to him in ways that tilt him one way or another. I believe he makes the choice on bigger decisions, but how it is brought to him matters. And when you have people under you that have no issue with lying to your face you are getting bad information.

The panicked way this turn in was pushed out makes me think something else bad happened with an Adams Arms Carbine. Like something that could not be hushed. And I imagine someone like Sean or Stef got involved and realized it couldn’t be swept under the rug anymore. And so they presented this to the Sheriff like this, “Sheriff we have a serious issue that just came to our attention that needs to be addressed immediately.” Then they get to look like the problem solver. In reality these people have known about the problems for three years. But whatever happened, clearly it was so bad that an order was sent out to turn in all AA Firearms immediately. That’s pretty serious. Those of us who had to carry these pieces of shit would love to know what the deal was.

I’d just be happy if Major Campbell has to retire over it. I think she is out of people to blame now. Pupke wasn’t there when they were bought. Mackin wasn’t there when they were bought. The lieutenant that was there said 🖕 I’m out. They wiped everyone else out or they quit. Only the sergeant survived and they promoted him. Let’s see some discipline Sheriff. It works for the troops. I bet moral would sky rocket if you fired Dan, Sean, or Campbell. Or all three.

It would be interesting to see TBT so a story on the AA contract and what, if any, members of the upper brass bought AA AR’s direct from the factory at cost or less at the same time the contract was signed. You can hide a lot, but you can’t hide an ATF Form 4473. Black and white record, even if AA sent them to an FFL first. That would be so easy.

Unregistered
    Three questions are critically important and need to be investigated thoroughly:

Who made the decision to buy AA carbines and sell the idea to Bob?

Who swept the problems associated with the AA carbines under the rug?

Were there any payoffs or kickbacks from AA to any members of the agency?

If I was Bob I'd be firing some people who perpetrated this misuse of the taxpayers' money on known poor quality firearms.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Three questions are critically important and need to be investigated thoroughly:

Who made the decision to buy AA carbines and sell the idea to Bob?

Who swept the problems associated with the AA carbines under the rug?

Were there any payoffs or kickbacks from AA to any members of the agency?

If I was Bob I'd be firing some people who perpetrated this misuse of the taxpayers' money on known poor quality firearms.
    Anyone know what the total cost was for these weapons?

Unregistered
    The sergeant in training at the time was greatly involved in this decision. He got nothing but a promotion last time so dont hold your breath on this one.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The sergeant in training at the time was greatly involved in this decision. He got nothing but a promotion last time so dont hold your breath on this one.
    The decision to buy AA carbines was made at a much higher level, probably right below the top level. Bob thought he was getting expert advice so he went with it.

This could turn out to be a big public relations home run for Bob if he plays it straight and fires those involved and/or demotes/suspends them. The he can call a press conference and tell the public that he will not tolerate his staff recklessly wasting so much of the taxpayers money.

Conversely it will be a political disaster if he tries to cover it up to protect certain people, but the media gets a hold of the story.

Unregistered
    It’s easy. Identity who bought an Adam’s Arms rifle around the time of the contract. I wouldn’t be shocked if you found at least three star members of the agency with them. RN shouldn’t have bragged so loud about it. He was showing it off to his fan club at the SAB. They all said ooh and ahh. Boom.

Unregistered
    The big question is weather any agency members had any financial and/or family ties to AA and if so did anyone influence the purchasing decision in AA's favor.

Unregistered
    Somebody..anybody get this thread to the media.

The public needs to know. That will force the sheriffs hand.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast