To both Kurt and Paul - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coming from the guy who hasn’t worked in Tac. Which part of Tac isn’t dirty? Sitting in the bushes watching a vehicle burglary?Sneaking under a car for a tracker?

Again, the reason patrol deputies are in a uniform is because they answer calls for service, write citations, and generally interact with the public when they call...high visibility. Tac doesn’t need that to accomplish the mission. You’re *****ing about 12 or 14 guys.
    So true! They have to sneak under female supervisors cars so they can track them and find out where they are and how long her lunch break is! They need to wear camo! Right Kurt?

Unregistered
    So true! They have to sneak under female supervisors cars so they can track them and find out where they are and how long her lunch break is! They need to wear camo! Right Kurt?
    And there it is, not that I had any doubt but that reply shows how ignorant you really are.

Unregistered
    The Sarasota Sheriff's Office hasn't used a tracking device on a female supervisor's patrol car since Joan Verizzo left the department. She was the last female to be tracked with a GPS tracker. Newer laptop and phone technology makes that technology obsolete and a court order is no longer needed to track them.

Unregistered
    Are you ok? The only person paranoid about how long their lunch break is you. Take a 2 hr lunch break. Nobody cares. Not like you would actually get on the radio and pipe up as a pursuit supervisor or clear HQ to manage a scene anyways. The only people that ask you anything are the ones that have to. When you’re not working, they actually enjoy patrol because of your BS.

Unregistered
    If you think a cop wearing an outer vest makes them unapproachable then it’s safe to say you still sleep with the night light on. I’m sure one of those TAC guys would have told you where a safe place was if you asked, while you not knowing them being there was as safe as you will ever be. Maybe you should thank them for what they do instead of trying to be a key board warrior. And maybe you should research what the person was charged with that warranted their attention in the first place.
    Yes I might need a safe a place if a group of all white men wearing Military Uniforms (bearing weapons) that represent them as Special Forces, ask to search my car or my home. Especially if I am African American and there is seven of them standing there. Say what you want but there have been plenty that have come before us that did this same job (better) without such an intimidating uniform. This unit reminded me of the Delta days. Two of them actually did all the work while the others just stood around looking tough. It was an unnecessary show of force to the citizens of Sarasota and in my opinion these fellas could have done just fine in the same uniform we all wear. They are not the SEALs they are not on a SWAT raid. Shine your shoes wear your vest under your class b. Wear a name tag. Don't be so scary to people. The class B is special and always will be. It is a privilege to wear it. Remember we are the good guys and BTW this is Sarasota not Tampa or Miami. We are a small town full of rich white people. I don't need to research those men's charges... I am certain it was a major bust! Had to be... with all those soldiers and weapons their on the mean streets of Lake Sarasota. LOL!

Unregistered
    Get off the SEAL team thing.
    A sensitive nerve was touched there. Those who dress like SEAL TEAM 6 are looked at very strangely. It's frankly very odd and it's definitely overkill in an urban environment because we are not in the mountains of Afghanistan. And you know it's true.

Ag wore the same uniform...any complaint there? K9...what about that?
    It's fine for agricultural deputies and for K9 to wear SEAL TEAM 6 uniforms, due to the dirty nature of their jobs. It's also fine for SEAL TEAM 6 because they are living and working in the mountainous boonies of Afghanistan, which is a very dirty environment.

Unregistered
    A sensitive nerve was touched there. Those who dress like SEAL TEAM 6 are looked at very strangely. It's frankly very odd and it's definitely overkill in an urban environment because we are not in the mountains of Afghanistan. And you know it's true.

It's fine for agricultural deputies and for K9 to wear SEAL TEAM 6 uniforms, due to the dirty nature of their jobs. It's also fine for SEAL TEAM 6 because they are living and working in the mountainous boonies of Afghanistan, which is a very dirty environment.
    Haha, you're the guy who keeps capitalizing and bringing it up! I get how it would be odd not seeing any other unit in tactical dress. There are several other agencies who utilize tactical dress during enforcement operations or duty. It's not odd, just a narrow point of view. And you know it's true.

What's the "dirty nature" of the job? Thought we talked about this earlier and you didn't have a rebuttal then...

The "urban" part of Sarasota county is small. Seems to me like it's very likely to conduct themselves in several roles and in various environments, since that's the criteria we are using for determining someone's uniform.

Unregistered
    Yes I might need a safe a place if a group of all white men wearing Military Uniforms (bearing weapons) that represent them as Special Forces, ask to search my car or my home. Especially if I am African American and there is seven of them standing there. Say what you want but there have been plenty that have come before us that did this same job (better) without such an intimidating uniform. This unit reminded me of the Delta days. Two of them actually did all the work while the others just stood around looking tough. It was an unnecessary show of force to the citizens of Sarasota and in my opinion these fellas could have done just fine in the same uniform we all wear. They are not the SEALs they are not on a SWAT raid. Shine your shoes wear your vest under your class b. Wear a name tag. Don't be so scary to people. The class B is special and always will be. It is a privilege to wear it. Remember we are the good guys and BTW this is Sarasota not Tampa or Miami. We are a small town full of rich white people. I don't need to research those men's charges... I am certain it was a major bust! Had to be... with all those soldiers and weapons their on the mean streets of Lake Sarasota. LOL!
    Here we go folks: now it's racial. I love how a discussion about a uniform has turn to "all white men." The bad white cops out to get the good folks, eh? Not a pretty topic, but let's tackle that for a second. Either you're a victim of senility or an advocate of ignorance. A police officer, any police officer, is FIVE TIMES more likely to be shot by an African American male than another other race/sex. However, Caucasian police officers are NOT more likely to shoot an African American than any other race of police officer. This isn't a "white" police, "black" community problem: it's more than that. We'll save that for a different discussion.

Since you're a cop, please just quit. If that's an intimidating uniform to you, take whatever uniform you wear, return it to the QM, and hand in your resignation. Fingers are crossed you've already retired. You're the same guy who probably called me to complain about a sheriff's office vehicle who ran a red light with three other marked vehicles behind it. Sorry I had to explain to you that was a vehicle being pursued by deputies because of a carjacking and attempted kidnapping at Lowes...

Based on the remainder of your post, you've just checked out: "small town full of rich white people," & "mean streets of Lake Sarasota." Must've moved to Sarasota recently. Murderers have been arrested in Lake Sarasota, burglars travel to break into houses in Lake Sarasota, drugs are sold continuously in Lake Sarasota.

Sarasota County is the way it is NOW because of the Sheriff's Office, AND the Tac Unit. Keep spouting your nonsense in an attempt someone will take you seriously. This is the most entertainment I've had in a while.

Kurt and Paul, keep the Tac Unit going strong. We know why Sarasota County is as safe as it is.

What's next?

Unregistered

Red face f e r n o l a l i a

Keep spouting your nonsense in an attempt someone will take you seriously. This is the most entertainment I've had in a while.
    Kurt Hoffman declared additional contributions of $6,999.30 which he reported on the lawful due date of 9/10/2019. This is sure to overstimulate the Fernoweenies to an insane degree, oh how entertaining!

Unregistered
    Here we go folks: now it's racial. I love how a discussion about a uniform has turn to "all white men." The bad white cops out to get the good folks, eh? Not a pretty topic, but let's tackle that for a second. Either you're a victim of senility or an advocate of ignorance. A police officer, any police officer, is FIVE TIMES more likely to be shot by an African American male than another other race/sex. However, Caucasian police officers are NOT more likely to shoot an African American than any other race of police officer. This isn't a "white" police, "black" community problem: it's more than that. We'll save that for a different discussion.

Since you're a cop, please just quit. If that's an intimidating uniform to you, take whatever uniform you wear, return it to the QM, and hand in your resignation. Fingers are crossed you've already retired. You're the same guy who probably called me to complain about a sheriff's office vehicle who ran a red light with three other marked vehicles behind it. Sorry I had to explain to you that was a vehicle being pursued by deputies because of a carjacking and attempted kidnapping at Lowes...

Based on the remainder of your post, you've just checked out: "small town full of rich white people," & "mean streets of Lake Sarasota." Must've moved to Sarasota recently. Murderers have been arrested in Lake Sarasota, burglars travel to break into houses in Lake Sarasota, drugs are sold continuously in Lake Sarasota.

Sarasota County is the way it is NOW because of the Sheriff's Office, AND the Tac Unit. Keep spouting your nonsense in an attempt someone will take you seriously. This is the most entertainment I've had in a while.

Kurt and Paul, keep the Tac Unit going strong. We know why Sarasota County is as safe as it is.

What's next?
    I see you have Google and got you some stats from Alex Jones. Did you happen to check Sarasota's Statistics on Black on White offocer Shootings? I bet you didn't. We are talking about Sarasota not LA or Miami. Let's keep the facts here.

So what I am hearing you say is....COPS can't effectively fight crime without dressing like soldiers? How on earth do the patrol deputies and deputies from that past fight crime without a SEAL TEAM costume? They must be lost in their regular class B. Probably saying to themselves "golly I would stop this bad guy but since I am in my class B I better not. I might get hurt".
    I also understood that the TAC unit is responsible for crime reduction in Sarasota since 2009? Bold Statement. Where are the numbers and proof. Please don't bring me double stats (DWLSR) and misdemeanor weed NTAs. Those are rubbish cases.

"Murders have been arrested in Lake Sarasota" have there been a lot of them recently? Should the citizens be concerned? Should the Sheriff put out a notice? Just how many have been arrested out there in that Jungle?

"Drugs are being sold" oh my God! really? What kind of drugs we talking about? Is there a major drug kingpin living out there dealing kilos? Sounds like Lake Sarasota is a cesspool according to you. Well you better get your all white tac team out there and saturate the area and get to looking for those murderers, dealers, and burglars because lord knows that the regular old standard uniform wearing patrol guys and gals are helpless in their Class B's.

Does the Sheriff know about this sudden spike in crime in Lake Sarasota? You know I think you might want to consider wearing Kevlar helmets on traffic stops out there in that ghetto (it competes the ensemble) . Anywho it sounds scary out there in the Mauna Loa... oh I almost forgot those other hoods East of there. Bent Tree Ghetto and the Laurel Oaks Public Housing area. Woe, we are talking major crime in those scary hoods! What uniform do you wear out there? Better bring a tank! Some old drunk dude might have a golf club. I am donning my Interceptor dude!

All in all I am sure that the TAC guys do great work. What I am saying is the military uniform is not needed, they look like soldiers not deputies. Give three real reasons why that uniform is "necessary" to combat crime on a daily basis in Sarasota. Also how that "uniform" has changed and reduced crime in our area and cities the same size as ours across the country. The uniform not the unit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast