Brian Henderson is the mole - Page 8
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank god he doesn't have his own HR! Do you realize the costs to taxpayers for new hires? And addressing the turnover rate is the only way to rectify the situation. EX, why are employees leaving at a rate well above the national average at VCSO? And how can this be changed in a positive direction? I have a suggestion that wont be popular- hold a confidence vote and if the results are predominantly negative begin the process of recalling the Sheriff.
    If there are openings created by the county, then Chitwood should be able to fill them. That’s something that was budgeted. I didn’t say create new positions or have unlimited reach in the purse. That’s fear mongering! I would also rather have law enforcement professionals hiring qualified candidates verses civilians. Wouldn’t you? If it also streamlines the process, I’m for it too!

The confidence vote is coming up with the elections. Vote him out! Can you provide a credible source that says VCSO has people quit at a higher rate? I’d be interested in ready that article or journal?

Unregistered
    If there are openings created by the county, then Chitwood should be able to fill them. That’s something that was budgeted. I didn’t say create new positions or have unlimited reach in the purse. That’s fear mongering! I would also rather have law enforcement professionals hiring qualified candidates verses civilians. Wouldn’t you? If it also streamlines the process, I’m for it too!

The confidence vote is coming up with the elections. Vote him out! Can you provide a credible source that says VCSO has people quit at a higher rate? I’d be interested in ready that article or journal?
    Being as bad management and leadership is the primary cause of vacancies my opinion remains. I would rather SRO's in schools rather than guardians. I do not oppose the county HR delivering qualified prospects for the Sheriff to choose from. Do I trust him to hire responsibly, HELL NO! The appointment of a known rogue chief deputy is my reasoning.
    The turnover rate involves more than those who quit. Some resign and some prematurely retire because they've had it with the narrcisstic do as I say not as I do mentality. PERF alone has caused deputies to fear their own agency and the protections once guarenteed. Different spanks for different ranks is common and accepted by this administration. Hopefully chief deputy Gallagher is more concerned with the image rather than stirring a pot to make the boss happy. I have a feeling that he will be more fair and reasonable with regards to IA's.
    I do not recall what publication I read on the turnover rate. If I recall the agency has more than double the turnovers as compared to the prior Sheriff. Granted that during any transition there will be losses, but double the loss and inability to provide the community with adequate support is a safety concern as well. Deputies were once forced into overtime and working zones not familiar to them because no one wants to work for him. Marc Bernier hinted towards this in his interview with Johnson last month. Johnson is professional and didn't take the opportunity to further damage the agency. The turnover rate is an issue and will not be corrected until the problem is addressed. As an incumbent Chitwood is not required to debate or face any challengers if any surface. I do not expect he would if anyone with recognition emerges. One thing is certain and that is the Sheriff needs to retain the deputies he has and provide the correct number of contracted deputies promised to various cities such as Deltona. The Sheriff did not improve Daytona Beach and certainly isn't improving the county! The image of VCSO has suffered enough already. Ask a deputy, you seem to not be a sworn deputy or you would already know this information. If you're a newbie or just green, I apologize for my assumptions.

Unregistered
    Until the Sheriff gets control of his own HR and starts hiring employees, I don’t think it’s fair to blame him entirely on this matter. The County hiring process is slow and dragged out. If Chitwood had his own HR, it would streamline the process in my opinion and fill openings quicker. It’s not saying it addresses the turnover rate. However, the openings seem to be what people bring up most.
    You mean hiring anyone and everyone with a pulse instead of qualifications and resume? Kind of like what he did at DBPD? VCSO will be hiring the bottom of the barrel just so he can poke his finger at the county council and call them scumbags.

Unregistered

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/care...ent/ar-AAFnYgX

Twice the rate of retention compared to the prior administration

Unregistered
    Being as bad management and leadership is the primary cause of vacancies my opinion remains. I would rather SRO's in schools rather than guardians. I do not oppose the county HR delivering qualified prospects for the Sheriff to choose from. Do I trust him to hire responsibly, HELL NO! The appointment of a known rogue chief deputy is my reasoning.
    The turnover rate involves more than those who quit. Some resign and some prematurely retire because they've had it with the narrcisstic do as I say not as I do mentality. PERF alone has caused deputies to fear their own agency and the protections once guarenteed. Different spanks for different ranks is common and accepted by this administration. Hopefully chief deputy Gallagher is more concerned with the image rather than stirring a pot to make the boss happy. I have a feeling that he will be more fair and reasonable with regards to IA's.
    I do not recall what publication I read on the turnover rate. If I recall the agency has more than double the turnovers as compared to the prior Sheriff. Granted that during any transition there will be losses, but double the loss and inability to provide the community with adequate support is a safety concern as well. Deputies were once forced into overtime and working zones not familiar to them because no one wants to work for him. Marc Bernier hinted towards this in his interview with Johnson last month. Johnson is professional and didn't take the opportunity to further damage the agency. The turnover rate is an issue and will not be corrected until the problem is addressed. As an incumbent Chitwood is not required to debate or face any challengers if any surface. I do not expect he would if anyone with recognition emerges. One thing is certain and that is the Sheriff needs to retain the deputies he has and provide the correct number of contracted deputies promised to various cities such as Deltona. The Sheriff did not improve Daytona Beach and certainly isn't improving the county! The image of VCSO has suffered enough already. Ask a deputy, you seem to not be a sworn deputy or you would already know this information. If you're a newbie or just green, I apologize for my assumptions.
    I doubt you’re a deputy either! They sure as hell don’t count on their information from Marc Bernier! I wonder who quotes Bernier so much on here? Who could it be?

Unregistered
    I doubt you’re a deputy either! They sure as hell don’t count on their information from Marc Bernier! I wonder who quotes Bernier so much on here? Who could it be?
    Notice "don't count on their" proves I am correct in my dissection of your being green and not sworn. I wasn't stating anything other than fact which can be verified easily. Sorry I triggered you Breck buddy. Civilian duty sucks bro. Go have a drink or 12 at Clancy's, you wont remember this exchange tomorrow ; )~

Unregistered
    Anyone who actually thinks that there are just one or two or three or just a small number of moles within the agency is seriously delusional. Other than the suck-ups, back-stabbers and ladder climbers, it’s nearly impossible to find anyone there who’s pleased with and supportive of Chitwood and his administration. To a person, nearly everyone there feels disgusted, beaten down, fearful, intimidated and bullied. They’re angry at the way Chitwood uses them for his personal and political glorification They either leave if they can, or if they can’t, just suck it up for the paycheck and put their heads down, do what they’re told and hope and pray that they stay off Chitwood’s radar screen. You can see it in their eyes…..Their heart and spirit and enthusiasm and passion for the job has been sucked right out of them. But they do talk about it, quietly and privately, but they talk to anyone who’s willing to listen and lend a compassionate ear. They especially talk to others like Ben who understand and are sympathetic to what they’re going through. So if you think it’s just a small, disgruntled few who are disclosing to those on the outside what’s going on within this once proud agency, you’re dead wrong. There are dozens and dozens and dozens who are talking and leaking, not to be malicious, but because they can’t stand the disgrace and the harm that Chitwood’s reign of terror has brought on the SO. Just look down the roster of employees, from top to bottom……About 98 percent of them are your suspected moles. Start taking names, ‘cuz the list is very, very long!

Unregistered
    There’s a way to do hard investigative reporting and still maintain his professional status with the person or organization. However, Henry is far from professional with his work! His language and style is often very inflammatory with his own unnecessary angry bias inserted within the articles. It’s also already been established Henry gets paid to write dirt on elected officials. That’s not honest journalism! That’s more tabloid style trash that I would expect from an award winning educated journalist!

Henry takes it a step forward by visiting elected officials social media accounts and constantly baggers them publicly on their accounts. He also provokes the public with his inflammatory style comments on these pages! Henry brings on criticism stemming from his own comments then gets upset when there is mockery or rebuttal in the public square.

Henry also has very low public relations skills and is rude and unprofessional with his communication and work! Not to mention he has terrible grammar for someone with a master’s degree! The News-Journal doesn’t step out of line because they act like professionals within the industry. They have working relationships with a large part of the community they serve. It’s not to say everyone likes them! That’s why they have jobs and Henry is an ambulance chaser style wannabe reporter. They also do not write yellow journalism style articles to get these type of criticisms.

Henry brings the criticisms from his own poor actions and choices! He would be okay if he had the right etiquette and temperament. But he doesn’t and often goes overboard (like the seatbelt story, constantly repeating old news, or often inflammatory/uncalled for language). It has become more about distain verses honest journalism! I don’t blame Chitwood for giving him the boot or Heather supposedly restricting his access. I wouldn’t want someone in my press conference or on my page badgering and belittling people. If it’s legitimate journalism, sure! However, it’s not for legitimate purposes and I feel it’s almost borderline harassment what he’s doing right now! Fight it out in court if he thinks he’s right like they did with Trump.
    I don't wish to debate or dispute anything else in your post with the exception of this one reference:
    "It’s also already been established Henry gets paid to write dirt on elected officials."
    This hasn't been established and is patently false. It was the basis of the lawsuit against Henry, but the allegation was false and the plaintiff had no facts or evidence to back it up and was forced to dismiss his own lawsuit.

Unregistered
    Thank god he doesn't have his own HR! Do you realize the costs to taxpayers for new hires? And addressing the turnover rate is the only way to rectify the situation. EX, why are employees leaving at a rate well above the national average at VCSO? And how can this be changed in a positive direction? I have a suggestion that wont be popular- hold a confidence vote and if the results are predominantly negative begin the process of recalling the Sheriff.
    He does have his own HR and many apply but few make it.

Unregistered

Vote him out with what? A write in? That’s funny!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast