Joining Charlotte County - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As you can read above, until a new Sheriff is elected. Don’t bother coming here unless you like being a robot working for nothing. No future here unless you’re related to someone in the command staff. If you try to jump ship and go to another agency, you’re black flagged and you’ll never get another job in law enforcement. I know plenty who just simply resigned and went private sector because they can’t take the none sense here any longer.
    Wow, that's troubling to hear. Me and my wife were looking in Punta Gorda at houses and really thought that this would be a good area.
    May I ask what all the issues are from this department? I know everywhere always has something and nothing will be perfect but I'm interested sincerely due to the upcoming move.

Unregistered
    Wow, that's troubling to hear. Me and my wife were looking in Punta Gorda at houses and really thought that this would be a good area.
    May I ask what all the issues are from this department? I know everywhere always has something and nothing will be perfect but I'm interested sincerely due to the upcoming move.
    Let’s see, why not google the past eight years and tell me what you come up with. How about the internal corruption and nepotism. I almost want to say 25 percent of the office is all the Sheriffs family members. Don’t see a problem in that? Why not look at all the cases listed in the paper, things any other officer would have been fired for but because they’re family, it gets swept under the rug. Anyone with a brain working for this agency would vote for the other guy. Well, that is if you don’t mind not having a future, no promotions unless you’re brown nosing. Don’t try to leave the agency or they will stomp you out and you’ll never work as a LEO in the state of Florida. Sounds like a great place to work, please join us, we need more rookies to work here for 2 years before realizing this place is a sham. LOL. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Let’s see, why not google the past eight years and tell me what you come up with. How about the internal corruption and nepotism. I almost want to say 25 percent of the office is all the Sheriffs family members. Don’t see a problem in that? Why not look at all the cases listed in the paper, things any other officer would have been fired for but because they’re family, it gets swept under the rug. Anyone with a brain working for this agency would vote for the other
    guy. Well, that is if you don’t mind not having a future, no promotions unless you’re brown nosing. Don’t try to leave the agency or they will stomp you out and you’ll never work as a LEO in the state of Florida. Sounds like a great place to work, please join us, we need more rookies to work here for 2 years before realizing this place is a sham. LOL. Good luck.
    I had no idea. Do you know about the further south county "Leigh"? Thanks

Unregistered
    I had no idea. Do you know about the further south county "Leigh"? Thanks
    Try the other a CCSO, Collier County

Unregistered
    Try the other a CCSO, Collier County
    That's a drive from Punta Gorda.. how about Sanibel or fort Myers airport police?
    I heard from some guys that Collier was one of the worst departments in the area.

Unregistered
    Why no overtime?
    These comments are completely false. Currently we have 2 openings nightly for overtime for our star team. Only people who actually want to work will get it though. So if you are lazy and don’t want to do your job you won’t get selected. Then we Havel multiple fema details for our Covid testing sites. And then on top of that we have details and airport details. Once the Covid stuff goes away we also have stone garden details for highway interdiction. Don’t listen to the haters out there.

Unregistered
    These comments are completely false. Currently we have 2 openings nightly for overtime for our star team. Only people who actually want to work will get it though. So if you are lazy and don’t want to do your job you won’t get selected. Then we Havel multiple fema details for our Covid testing sites. And then on top of that we have details and airport details. Once the Covid stuff goes away we also have stone garden details for highway interdiction. Don’t listen to the haters out there.
    So what saying is that this is a good place to work? Why so negative flack on here.. very interested in applying

Unregistered
    So what saying is that this is a good place to work? Why so negative flack on here.. very interested in applying
    I don’t think they’re are a lot of haters in here, but I will tell you we are very under manned. The numbers speak for them selves. Why would our Sgts, and good deputies keep leaving for other agencies. Because we have no future here with this current Sheriff, I would sit to apply after Nov, if Billy gets back in then apply else where.

Unregistered
    I don’t think they’re are a lot of haters in here, but I will tell you we are very under manned. The numbers speak for them selves. Why would our Sgts, and good deputies keep leaving for other agencies. Because we have no future here with this current Sheriff, I would sit to apply after Nov, if Billy gets back in then apply else where.
    Would wait to apply, is what I meant. Sorry.

Unregistered
    Would wait to apply, is what I meant. Sorry.
    Thanks. When it comes to take home vehicles and speciality units, is that something that this department participates in?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast