Joining Charlotte County
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Local LEO

Joining Charlotte County

I'm looking to possibly apply with your department but have several questions regarding the pay raises and advancement opportunities.. hopefully someone can honestly answer the following questions for me. Thanks in advance!

How long before you can join a specialty unit, and are openings frequent?

Do you get raises yearly and if so, how much?

What is your take home policy and what are the vehicles you use?

Can you wear outter vest carriers or tactical vests?

How is the morale in the department and is there good leadership?

What is the call volume like? And do you have the ability to be proactive and look for stuff?

Once again, thanks for the responses.

Unregistered
    As you can see we have a copwatch crazy dude who can’t spell.

Specialty is 1 year after probation, not many openings due to low manpower

Recently a lot of raises, 8% in October but you can make a lot more else where. OT is non existent for patrol and they won’t give it to you even if you work over hours.

We drive all SUVs ford explorers now except for some Taurus, take home is within county and 10 miles out of county

No tac or outer carrier unless your STAR unit (street crimes)

Morale is low due to command staff considering everyone as a liability and not an asset, manpower is also a morale issue.

Numbers agency and call volume varies by district. Nothing like fort myers Pd though.

Unregistered
    Andy, give it a rest. Take your little copwatch crap and play in another sandbox. You have absolutely zero chance of getting elected and desperately need your medication. You responded with nothing to say and no way of answering the original poster's questions.

Unregistered
    Same garbage you continually spew... You sir are a special kind of fellow.

Local LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As you can see we have a copwatch crazy dude who can’t spell.

Specialty is 1 year after probation, not many openings due to low manpower

Recently a lot of raises, 8% in October but you can make a lot more else where. OT is non existent for patrol and they won’t give it to you even if you work over hours.

We drive all SUVs ford explorers now except for some Taurus, take home is within county and 10 miles out of county

No tac or outer carrier unless your STAR unit (street crimes)

Morale is low due to command staff considering everyone as a liability and not an asset, manpower is also a morale issue.

Numbers agency and call volume varies by district. Nothing like fort myers Pd though.

-----------
    Thank you for the fast reply and answering my questions.. If you don't mind, I have a few more..

*The anti police fake guy can piss off, I'm not here to speak with him* :}

What is the starting wage for experienced officers coming in?

What equipment does CCSO provide?

Is CCSO a department worth coming to overall? Morale? Training? Freedom to be proactive?

Thanks again

Unregistered
    They’ll give you a signing bonus but no pay adjustment. We drive all Ford SUVs, carry sigs.

There is freedom to be proactive but we’re always at minimum so there’s not much time. Morale is low due to a terrible robotic sheriff who can’t see his faults which is causing us to bleed good quality cops.

We’re better than Lee County, De Soto and Hendry.

Unregistered
    wel the new guy just proved hes another corupt piece of shit,and we r the worst corupt agency in the area.we wil pul youre records and expose that u r the corupt piece of shit that u r.ask james white that dealt date rape drugs 2 the agency and other agencys.
    vote 4 me and u vote 4 freedom and a end 2 the police state

Local LEO
    They’ll give you a signing bonus but no pay adjustment. We drive all Ford SUVs, carry sigs.

There is freedom to be proactive but we’re always at minimum so there’s not much time. Morale is low due to a terrible robotic sheriff who can’t see his faults which is causing us to bleed good quality cops.

We’re better than Lee County, De Soto and Hendry.
    --------------------
    Thanks again, I've got a offer with the ft Myers airport and this department was second on my list since it's on the area. I've also heard that North Port and Venice are proactive departments.

Does anyone know anything on the other three departments?

Thx

Unregistered
    There all corupt in florida,why do u think the 3rd most people in jail in the whole world is florida,because u r just product 4 the police sate machine,u r a serf and a slave

Unregistered
    There all corupt in florida,why do u think the 3rd most people in jail in the whole world is florida,because u r just product 4 the police sate machine,u r a serf and a slave
    Feel free to leave. I'm sure a go fund me campaign would pay for your move in less than 24 hours.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast