Backlash on PBA for NOT defending member who was acquitted.

Unregistered

Backlash on PBA for NOT defending member who was acquitted.

PBA-What a JOKE!!!!!
    PBA will take your money for years and the one time you need them to do their job which you have been paying for they refuse. PBA refuses to defend sergeant who was clearly doing his job. The sergeant gets his own attorney, who is by far better than any PBA lawyer, goes to trial and gets acquitted!!!!! Stop giving your money to the PBA!

Unregistered said:
    Yesterday 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    PBA will take your money for years and the one time you need them to do their job which you have been paying for they refuse. PBA refuses to defend sergeant who was clearly doing his job. The sergeant gets his own attorney, who is by far better than any PBA lawyer, goes to trial and gets acquitted!!!!! Stop giving your money to the PBA!
    Who was the attorney?

Unregistered said:
    Yesterday 03:03 PM
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...234520217.html

Unregistered said:
    Yesterday 03:04 PM
    Just ask the sergeant how poorly he was treated by the PBA. Get it directly from the source.

Unregistered said:
    Yesterday 07:40 PM
    PBA is not for us.
    They’re so responsibility is to be seen at public events. Take out their 33’s. And travel. Not to defend a stand with us or for us wake up to reality. Name one person there who has honored their vows or their commitment to us. Or he’s a family man and sticks his neck out for the members.Has made a commitment to do the right thing in our eyes. I’m waiting for the count

Unregistered said:
    Yesterday 07:40 PM
    PBA is not for us.
    They’re so responsibility is to be seen at public events. Take out their 33’s. And travel. Not to defend a stand with us or for us wake up to reality. Name one person there who has honored their vows or their commitment to us. Or he’s a family man and sticks his neck out for the members.Has made a commitment to do the right thing in our eyes. I’m waiting for the count! And waiting! I’m still waiting!

Unregistered said:
    Yesterday 10:52 PM
    John Rivera you must be laughing your Azz off seeing these clowns screwing things up.

Unregistered said:
    Today 11:37 AM
    IUPA allows the membership to elect the executive board
    IUPA allows the membership to vote on who to endorse.
    IUPA has a legal defense fund with over 30 million in reserves
    IUPA never tells someone not to file a grievance.

IUPA provides us with everything we ask the PBA to provide but refuses to.

Unregistered
    Man did we do the right thing switching to the PBA? I ask only because seems like everyday a new scandal emerges and where does that leave us when we have a weaken PBA

Unregistered
    I was a PBA member for 8 years, never needed them until I got jammed up during a complaint in a traffic stop. Guess what happened when i went to the PBA to help me in the IA....they refused kept giving me a BS reason. First they said well they are accusing you of a crime so we cant defend you in crimes just in admin issues. I went had to spend $$$ on my own attorney, SAO ended up dropping the allegation but i had to get my job back so i went to the PBA at this point thinking no charges were filed so let me deal with the admin side to get my job back.....PBA said well since we didn't represent you from day one we cant pick up a case in the middle or litigation...WTF! again had to spend my own money to fight it and yes i won got back pay and my job back NO THANKS TO THE PBA!!! I ended up joining PLEA.

But rest assure the PBA will defend cops that have a bad track record of illegal activity and what not just because they are in the inner circle.

NOTE: