Fhp doesn’t grasp brotherhood - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Suck it up

Suck it up buttercup. Maybe I’m one of the few with any morals left. If my family member or I was stopped for a traffic violation then I would not automatically expect a break. I will never blame a trooper for doing their job. Would a break be nice? yes, but I DON’T THINK I HAVE A RIGHT TO IT. That’s why I always set the example while driving on and off duty. If you don’t want a ticket, then follow the same laws you expect the motoring public to follow. My brother’s wife was stopped for drinking and driving and the trooper called me at home. I told the trooper to do their job and to never call me for something like that again. Just in case you are wondering, it was always my policy not to write fellow law enforcement or their family, as long as not a flagrant violation or they are rude to me. If it’s a crash then you are getting a ticket. Grow up and pull up your big girl panties. Freakin cry babies.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Suck it up buttercup. Maybe I’m one of the few with any morals left. If my family member or I was stopped for a traffic violation then I would not automatically expect a break. I will never blame a trooper for doing their job. Would a break be nice? yes, but I DON’T THINK I HAVE A RIGHT TO IT. That’s why I always set the example while driving on and off duty. If you don’t want a ticket, then follow the same laws you expect the motoring public to follow. My brother’s wife was stopped for drinking and driving and the trooper called me at home. I told the trooper to do their job and to never call me for something like that again. Just in case you are wondering, it was always my policy not to write fellow law enforcement or their family, as long as not a flagrant violation or they are rude to me. If it’s a crash then you are getting a ticket. Grow up and pull up your big girl panties. Freakin cry babies.
    I bet you’re fun at parties

Unregistered
    No cry babies...
    Like you rant and express your inner thoughts, others have that same right.
    And we should all applaud you for being a perfect human being who never speeds... Clap... Clap 👏
    Well, for us average folk who simply mess up in this life, unless it's a major thing, badge to badge brother/sisterhood is a good thing.
    As for fhp, I know this organization well, worked there for a little while..
    Must say, nothing has changed.
    SOME troopers, like some local cops, have a power of God mentality.
    Bottom line, stop me and ticket me, no worries, I'll take it like a man should.
    Just do me a favor, ticket the governor, commissioner, state attorney, judge, ceo of the airport, with the exact same energy you use for me.. Problem is, it won't happen...
    By the way, stop insulting grown men on this site and respect their opinions.

Unregistered
    I bet you’re fun at parties
    Fun at parties troopers can’t afford to go to parties. They are to busy working details to make ends meet

Unregistered

Cry babies

No cry babies...
    Like you rant and express your inner thoughts, others have that same right.
    And we should all applaud you for being a perfect human being who never speeds... Clap... Clap 👏
    Well, for us average folk who simply mess up in this life, unless it's a major thing, badge to badge brother/sisterhood is a good thing.
    As for fhp, I know this organization well, worked there for a little while..
    Must say, nothing has changed.
    SOME troopers, like some local cops, have a power of God mentality.
    Bottom line, stop me and ticket me, no worries, I'll take it like a man should.
    Just do me a favor, ticket the governor, commissioner, state attorney, judge, ceo of the airport, with the exact same energy you use for me.. Problem is, it won't happen...
    By the way, stop insulting grown men on this site and respect their opinions.
    I didn’t say I did not respect other views. I called the person a cry baby which he is. That’s my view. I don’t cry over a ticket like some people who think they are above everyone else. I think getting on here whining about is pitiful. Again, MY OPINION. Nothing but a bunch of babies on here always crying about something. Get a life and grow up or find you a safe space

Unregistered
    Everybody is good at something. Find a homeless guy, even he has some skill.

One day, long long ago, GOD said "I need to find the biggest self-deluded ****s there are" And the boys in the black and tan raised their hands high in the air. That's what they are good at. FHP are the biggest ****s in the whole world. They think they are the elite of short form writing. "This is my highway boy, I make almost as much as you with my 100 hours of 208, so I'm a saint. SIGN HERE!". They get a chubby racing down to the hospital to to make sure grandma signs her ticket for 9 over. Their chain of command is like something from a third world. At least they are good at something. Two thing actually, they are great at back biting

Unregistered
    If you have never worked for FHP, you cannot possibly imagine the level of micromanagement when it comes to writing crashes. There is no discretion, there is literally a team of vultures over the troopers shoulders telling him how to write it
    You obviously have never worked for a respectable city or county agency, where everyone is in contact with the Sgt before each arrest, with arrest reports reviewed before going to the jail, and the supervisor hounding you until you get back in service for the next call. It’s nothing for local agency supervisors to come on your traffic stop or scene and personally decide what tickets you will/will not write, or what charges you’ll make.

FHP gives troopers way more latitude in charging people than deserved.

As the independent third-party agency that investigates crashes for many other agencies, there has to be some kind of standard for enforcement on crashes. Not just left up to the nice little trooper helping a brother out. There are alternatives, like going to court, or just not crashing to start with.

Other agencies don’t have to call us for their crashes. They can work their own just like we do.

Unregistered
    You obviously have never worked for a respectable city or county agency, where everyone is in contact with the Sgt before each arrest, with arrest reports reviewed before going to the jail, and the supervisor hounding you until you get back in service for the next call. It’s nothing for local agency supervisors to come on your traffic stop or scene and personally decide what tickets you will/will not write, or what charges you’ll make.

FHP gives troopers way more latitude in charging people than deserved.

As the independent third-party agency that investigates crashes for many other agencies, there has to be some kind of standard for enforcement on crashes. Not just left up to the nice little trooper helping a brother out. There are alternatives, like going to court, or just not crashing to start with.

Other agencies don’t have to call us for their crashes. They can work their own just like we do.
    All I can say is wow. I don't know of very many "respectable city or county agencies" where you have to review your charges with a sergeant before arresting someone. Nor have I known any where a sergeant has to review your arrest affidavit prior to going to the jail. The only time a sergeant shows up on my traffic stops is if they are near by and stop to back me up, to chat, or drop off or pick up some paper work.

Now I understand why the earlier poster referred to troopers as self-deluded ****s. Personally I have only never had a problem with a trooper in my life. Even when one wrote me a ticket. I didn't like it, but I was wrong and he wrote me so I paid it and moved on.

Unregistered
    I am sorry, in the post above, I meant to say that I don't know of ANY 'respectable city or county agencies."

Unregistered
    OK, let's be real. I work in Highlands County. Not going to say where because I don't want the BS. Could be the SO or a PD. I've been stopped 4 times by Troopers. Once when I was a nobody...got a warning. The other 3 times were when I was a cop. All 3 times I was treated respectfully and given professional courtesy. I never expect it, but if it's granted, fantastic. In my own experience, I've stopped plenty of cops who don't even roll the window down...simply press a badge against the window. That doesn't fly. I've stopped two who have not even slowed down...simply put their wallet and badge out the window and expected me to go away. Sorry, no fly zone. They still didn't get a cite.

Anyway, when I am stopped, I ID myself and let the Trooper know I'm armed and then let them know where it is and where my ID is. Then I apologize for putting them in the situation because I AM THE ONE IN THE WRONG AND THEY'RE JUST DOING THEIR JOB. Do you know what has happened? I get a "Have a nice day, brother, be safe" or some variation of it. If you want courtesy, show courtesy. It's not automatically granted because you have a LEO ID in your pocket. I'll end my rant by saying "be safe". Take care everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast