+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
 

Thread: Blue Line

  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Blue Line

    I have noticed that often times, in various threads, on this site that the question comes up "where is the blue line?" Or some sort of statement to the effect of "there is no blue line in Miramar." Having spent many years at MPD I have come to the conclusion that believing in the blue line is actually harmful. If you believe in it you will act as if fellow officers have your back. The problem with that is when it hits the so called fan the people you thought would be there are nowhere to be found. I personally found out that those I could personally depend on, who would step up to the plate, could be counted on one hand. So my recommendation is to function as if you are on your own, cover your own behind, and don't expect anyone to stand by you. The few that do (very few) will be the ones that you have the great memories of in the future. The rest will just fade away from your memories. Just some thoughts from from a retired MPD officer. Stay safe.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have noticed that often times, in various threads, on this site that the question comes up "where is the blue line?" Or some sort of statement to the effect of "there is no blue line in Miramar." Having spent many years at MPD I have come to the conclusion that believing in the blue line is actually harmful. If you believe in it you will act as if fellow officers have your back. The problem with that is when it hits the so called fan the people you thought would be there are nowhere to be found. I personally found out that those I could personally depend on, who would step up to the plate, could be counted on one hand. So my recommendation is to function as if you are on your own, cover your own behind, and don't expect anyone to stand by you. The few that do (very few) will be the ones that you have the great memories of in the future. The rest will just fade away from your memories. Just some thoughts from from a retired MPD officer. Stay safe.
    Well said and very truthful.

    Shameful as a Police Department , not a family .

    Sad

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well said and very truthful.

    Shameful as a Police Department , not a family .

    Sad
    Don't act like its just here! Its everywhere! I have seen it personally. Follow the rules and follow the law and dont do stupid shit and go home at the end of your shift alive. The days of being a "family" in law enforcement has been over for several years with the generational change that occurred.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have noticed that often times, in various threads, on this site that the question comes up "where is the blue line?" Or some sort of statement to the effect of "there is no blue line in Miramar." Having spent many years at MPD I have come to the conclusion that believing in the blue line is actually harmful. If you believe in it you will act as if fellow officers have your back. The problem with that is when it hits the so called fan the people you thought would be there are nowhere to be found. I personally found out that those I could personally depend on, who would step up to the plate, could be counted on one hand. So my recommendation is to function as if you are on your own, cover your own behind, and don't expect anyone to stand by you. The few that do (very few) will be the ones that you have the great memories of in the future. The rest will just fade away from your memories. Just some thoughts from from a retired MPD officer. Stay safe.
    As a relatively recent retiree, I concur completely. Watch your own 6, and don’t be one of the problems. God bless.

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    The only thing these officers hired after 2010 know about “thin blue line” is to put it on their social media so their friends know they’re a cop. They have no clue what it means and have no business on the job.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The only thing these officers hired after 2010 know about “thin blue line” is to put it on their social media so their friends know they’re a cop. They have no clue what it means and have no business on the job.
    It must suck to be on the job 10+ years and still a miserable **** on the road

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •