The GREAT Contract

Unregistered

The GREAT Contract

Has anyone read the “PROPOSED” FOP contract yet? I have and I see a lot of problems if accepted.

Why is it now ”FOP Inc.”? Why this change, does it affect our rights? Why different than last year?

The first thing you should be aware of is that we are getting back a lot of things that we willingly(?) gave away on the prior two contracts, things that we had fought hard for prior to being represented by the FOP. Because we are regaining our prior giveaways, we are giving something up in return, but what? You get nothing for free. The main takeaway/regained item(s) was the two-tier officer system where the new hires were treated vastly different in their benefits and the application of said benefits as compared to the older officers. Ergo, two-tiered system between new and old.

7.1 The village agrees to abide by the Police Officer’s Bill of Rights. They haven’t in the past and nothing was done. Think they will now?

9.3 Why can’t we all have a $75 monthly phone stipend? Because we are not all special or more likely, specially liked.

9.4.4. Ryder Insurance? Your current private automobile insurance covers you in any vehicle you drive, even on duty, in your marked police unit, why do we have to pay extra on a Ryder policy?

10.4. Why the change in Sgt. Test qualifications? Because they want only special people they approve of? Also, get rid of that disciplinary action in the last year, no promotion B.S. We all know how easily it is to get written up here, suspicion of sleeping is one of the main investigations occurring now. This is an easy way to skip someone to get to a friend.

10.12 If demoted from rank, other officers will have their seniority affected, right? Or does the demoted officer revert to most junior, no seniority, zero?

13. Grievance and Arbitration Procedure. Must have put in there “Police Chief cannot call up the State FOP President and ask that the FOP not represent the Officer in any grievance procedure” or “Request substandard representation”. You laugh? Ask around.

16.4 Why a cap of 960 on sick leave? Why if less than 7 years of service do you lose everything you have saved for a rainy day? Those hours are your benefits, you earned them, if you do not think they will screw you ask around; Gam and Cruz lost over $3,000 each under Daniels with this rule.

19.4 Annual carry over vacation leave. Why only 240 hours? Why do you lose anything over 240 hours if you retire, resign or die? Again, you earned it. Imagine if you die your family gets cheated on your benefits and too bad for them, the City can’t afford it… suffer family!

You need should have unlimited banked hours in all areas—you earned it! If you receive a serious injury off duty you will need that saved time to heal. They love to terminate unless you are a friend. Are you a friend? Make a column of friends and not friends, put everyone’s name on it in one of those columns where you think they belong, which column are you in?

FRS allows you to rollover 500 hours of annual time into your last paycheck to be figured into your yearly retirement, yet the City only allows 240 hours, so screw you again I guess.

20.6 Why isn’t off duty pay figured into retirement? Other police departments do, why not us?

23.6 Why a max of 240 hours in compensatory time?

24.5 Why do detectives get an extra 5%? Are they that special?

How come Traffic, Motors, K-9, Marine Patrol, School Resource Officer all get 5%? They are special and you are not; they are the chosen ones and you are not. We all know the fast track officers, who are really just friends of friends. Question, if I a specialized in, say, three areas, do I get 15%? Doesn’t say does it? I guess the Chief gets to decide. Are you on his special list?

I’m beginning to think I wasn’t invited to the “SPECIAL” FOP “SPECIALS ONLY” meeting to put my two cents in, guess it was by “special” invitation only.

This is just another way to divide the officers. We already have two-tier system, this will worsen it and this new proposed contract is just another way to disguise it. How come our FOP Attorney doesn’t know this? I think he does.

25.1 Hey! If you are special you get another $50 to get your clothes cleaned, great!

Let’s see. $75 phone stipend, $50 clothes cleaning, 5% for special units like even school resource officer, 5% for being a detective, WOW! Let’s figure out my pay if I am special. $75 plus $50 = $125, monthly. Anywhere from a 5% to 15% pay raise, maybe more, that’s a lot. This means that “special people” get an extra $125 a month and a conservative 10% raise, that’s a shit load of money for being special. Now that’s how you do a two-tier system, which clearly would have no bearing on creating division, right? Who do I have to give oral to to be “SPECIAL”?

36.4 This one kind of doesn’t make sense. Why can’t I get all my money that is in sick, comp, and etc. at retirement? It’s mine; I earned it and saved it! Are you going to pay me interest? What, the City can’t afford the pay out?

Which is better, that we’re all “EQUAL” or “SPECIAL”? Clearly this new contract is just for SPECIAL people and to hell with everyone else who isn’t a crony.

Remember…this is just a proposal, but you should try to become special to get one over on everyone else with your special treatment!

Unregistered

Rey Marasorryotto hair ball

Hey Rey, did you spend all night writing this on duty, you Imp! Hey Rey! Remember this: As a man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlFdOIMxO0

Unregistered

Mike T

Thank you for taking the time to write all of the above. There are some good questions in there. The good news is that they all have good answers. I’d invite you to the FOP’s event Monday night to get those questions answered. It’s time to replace fiction with facts, get informed, and unite this Dept.

Unregistered

Nope.....never happen with this admin!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to write all of the above. There are some good questions in there. The good news is that they all have good answers. I’d invite you to the FOP’s event Monday night to get those questions answered. It’s time to replace fiction with facts, get informed, and unite this Dept.
    Sadly morale is at it's lowest point. The corruption, deceit, lieing, covering up for "friends" while relentlessly pursuing "non-friends", narcissism, favoritism, and just about every other ism there is will not allow this unity you speak of. You have to keep going after the remaining half of this place for you to have your utopia which is being done 1 by 1. Worst state we have been in and will remain in for the next decade. BC started the infection and started this legacy and it has only continued to spread and infect. The village will never heal from this because the only to have stopped this is not going there in the first place. The damage is done guys, accept it and just survive till the first second you can retire.