Why would people retire and come back here of all thing to do? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Cant imagine retiring ,coming back and being sued by some career criminal screwball for violating his rights.

Unregistered
    Because BSO is giving them top out salary again and they dont have to work hard. Its in the DNA

Unregistered
    Imagine being in your 60s doing this type of work? No way.. maybe in lighthouse point?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cant imagine retiring ,coming back and being sued by some career criminal screwball for violating his rights.
    I say put it in writing that a deputy can work 30 years or up to the age of 55 years old with a 5 year drop. Basically 60 years old your completely retired
    and you will not be able to return the agency again.

Unregistered
    I came back after retirement so I could work unlimited details. Sometimes I tell my lady I'm working Friday nights...!!! Well I'm working horizontally 🤠

Unregistered
    Because they are scared to try something different. So the play cops and robbers 40 plus years while their wives are running game and spending money

Unregistered

An in depth perspective

All jokes aside, the majority of us are lazy. The job really doesn't require much so that is the first reason we come back. Secondly, I personally know one guy who retired and opened up his own business. It is just too much work. He can come back and make the same or more with details and do a quarter of the work.

Unregistered

No lives

I feel duped. I went to a retirement party few months ago and brought a gift. Now I just heard the person is ready to come right back. Should he return the gift? What craziness is all this "I'm retiring " and they come right back? I will never attend another one of these events again!!!!

Unregistered

Lightbulb Ugly truth

For 99% of all LEO retirees... if the only recent experience that you have is law enforcement... and if you only have a high school diploma or an Associates degree... then you're not qualified to get a lucrative high-paying stateside job... the only thing you're eligible for is working as a security guard (which is incredibly low paying) or working a menial job (which is low paying) or working as a clerk, cashier or stocker (which is incredibly low paying). Or you can return to law enforcement and instantly start at 50k annually with guaranteed raises (on top of your retirement salary).

That's the ugly truth.

Unregistered

Joe Williams... A Real Cop

Joe Williams has been a deputy at BSO for 61 years and still here working. True dedication.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast