At the risk of sounding positive - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Dogood View Post
    Almost all books I read describe that organizations that have people that aren’t happy usually have a distinct lack of leadership and lack of communication. With that said we have gotten better about certain communications. But the supervisors need to step up their games. Nothing is more nauseating in the forum when the Sheriff offers to fix things but it’s nothing but crickets or someone trying to
    say look at me.

I think we are in the same page but I have to disagree with this statement. Communication from our leadership is shocking.

If a deputy intentionally lies they are crucified in the public square and their professional lives are over.

When a member of our command staff knowingly lies and misrepresents the Sheriff’s words...what? Oh it was just a miscommunication. Oh the Sheriff wasn’t clear.

How many times has the Sheriff been forced to come out and backtrack based on information erroneously disseminated by the command staff? Too many.

This is our vote of no confidence in the command staff of this agency. You don’t care about us and don’t have our best interest at heart. Please leave.

Unregistered
    Wishful thinking......

Another Nobody
    Let’s be real people, we’re all nobody’s in this Agency. Dennis is all about image and if you fail to fall within his bubble of followers then prepare to be left behind. When was the last time anyone has seen Dennis anywhere near the road connecting with SNP Deputies? When was the last time anyone has seen Dennis at or near the Courthouse or Jail connecting with Deputies there? When was the last time anyone has seen Dennis pop in to any Investigative Unit and ask how’s it going? As a matter a fact if it doesn’t include a camera crew and a few lap dogs then Dennis has no time for you. His Forum is an absolute waste of time, and his complete disconnect from the working men and women here is clearly evident. It looks like we all have to adjust to this political landscape and get used to Dennis beefing up his image for his prosperous future. There is no greater demoralizing feeling than knowing that your leader gives you 50 percent effort and requires 110 from everyone else.
    #You’veLostThatLovingFeeling

Unregistered
    He took a dump at the training center last week and waved at everyone 👋

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Nobody View Post
    Let’s be real people, we’re all nobody’s in this Agency. Dennis is all about image and if you fail to fall within his bubble of followers then prepare to be left behind. When was the last time anyone has seen Dennis anywhere near the road connecting with SNP Deputies? When was the last time anyone has seen Dennis at or near the Courthouse or Jail connecting with Deputies there? When was the last time anyone has seen Dennis pop in to any Investigative Unit and ask how’s it going? As a matter a fact if it doesn’t include a camera crew and a few lap dogs then Dennis has no time for you. His Forum is an absolute waste of time, and his complete disconnect from the working men and women here is clearly evident. It looks like we all have to adjust to this political landscape and get used to Dennis beefing up his image for his prosperous future. There is no greater demoralizing feeling than knowing that your leader gives you 50 percent effort and requires 110 from everyone else.
    #You’veLostThatLovingFeeling
    Bingo. Dennis Lemma cares about one thing: Dennis Lemma. Oh, and SCORE. So he can you know, impress the governors wife in the hopes of getting some other state level job. He’s out of touch, never been a real cop, and pretends he gives a **** about you. He is the most disingenuous fool of an elected official I’ve ever seen.

Unregistered
    I agree with y'all that the Forum is pretty much a waste of time, but the Sheriff is the same guy who went out of his way to help me, a nobody, when I started at SCSO. I think that guy's still in there, but I think he gets blocked sometime by the facts that he can't please everyone and people around him who try to stage manage what he sees. He's not unaware of the sentiments expressed here and I think he's working on them. As hard or as fast as we'd like? Probably not, but we're still in line for a good raise this year and hopefully next year as well.

Also, if you pay attention to such things, Orange County's contract negotiations have stalled because their former Sheriff who's now the County Mayor, doesn't want to budget for comparable raises in the new contract. They're about to come crashing back down to earth in a big hurry.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    I didn’t mean all communication, I just meant some information is flowing up and down. I know the double standard is alive and well. We all know policies only apply to who they want them to be applied.

We all know what his agenda appears to be. His actions and inactions have proven this over and over. With that said let’s try to stay constructive. Let’s try to stay on topic and make one last attempt to educate people reading (both our people and anyone else who wants to read) and bring to their attention what is wrong and what could be done to fix it. The last thing I want to see is all the name bashing and pot stirring from people that do and don’t even work here. If you left for whatever reason that is fine in my book. But please don’t make our situation any worse. We are still in the trenches and barely keeping our heads afloat. It’s hard enough to herd some cats but toss a few snakes in it and sprinkle it with some OC and you get one heck of a party! It’s always great to put a quarter in the old juck-box and laugh at the chaos and mayhem from the sidelines. Hardly productive nonetheless. Most of us already know the other drama and the secret deals and the like.

I agree he is protected from certain things and there are others things he does know about. We don’t need to get carried away with bashing people and name calling and other ignorant stuff. If you want some of that garbage go follow some people and look at that ignorant stuff they tag themselves too. Like most people (key word most), the inverted (or inversely proportional) hierarchy affected them. One could call it drinking the “Kool-Aid” if they were so inclined. The higher up they went, the more they lost focus of what and who is important to them and the more they focus on themselves. It’s almost like the letter “X”. The center of the X is the person themself and the bottom part of the X is a representation of who their span of control but the upper part of the X, shows what they are trying to do for themselves. Their personal wants are much more (inversely proportional) than the what’s important now.

I'mNobody
    Alas, anonymity and spite have ruined what could have been a good conversation. This thread is rendered useless by negativity and name calling. If you would be humble enough to except one piece of advise from a nobody, instead of pointing out and yelling at all that is broken, just put some effort into fixing it. Good luck to you all.

Unregistered
    Here is an idea, instead of stroking people's ego's, call them out. It's really sad there are supervisors that have HUGE ego's, they don't care about their people, they only care about how can they move up and "look at me"

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mNobody View Post
    Alas, anonymity and spite have ruined what could have been a good conversation. This thread is rendered useless by negativity and name calling. If you would be humble enough to except one piece of advise from a nobody, instead of pointing out and yelling at all that is broken, just put some effort into fixing it. Good luck to you all.
    Not true at all. I have no desire to name call or drudge up drama. However we have to call a spade a spade. We have to hold our leadership accountable. I could care less what they do in their personal lives but everything they do has a direct correlation to the success or failure of this agency. We can make a bullet point list of every concern in this agency, but we have to recognize the administration has a direct impact on every concern; positively or negatively. I’m going to call out poor leadership when I see it, and we have poor leadership. Admin openly lies or misrepresents what the Sheriffs says. We don’t trust them, or at least don’t believe they have our best interest at heart. Most have their eye turned upwards, looking for their next promotion. Rather than looking downward, at where they came from and the people in their charge. Take care of your people and they will take care of you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast