Ok so then what do you recommend us do?

We have attended countless skip meetings and have talked to many in our chain of command and yet nothing changes. Many of us have given examples of how to fix things yet they fall on deaf ears.

People say fix it yourself or stop complaining yet when we try to fix something, we are still met with a supervisory response of “the sheriff won’t do that” or “it’s out of my pay grade” or “it happened before I was here” when we discuss things with our supervisors/committee members. Almost everyday someone or some division violates or does what the sheriff says ISN’T happening.

The past threads were mostly out of control. But there were quite a few facts put out. Laying in wait all this time I sat and watched and processed everything. I saw this thread as maybe an opportunity. The admin is quite aware of all this information being put out, and maybe this was an opportunity for them once again see key points that are still occurring even though they say it’s not. Maybe when an outside source knocks on their door they will have to accept some responsibility and face the facts. Hopefully they consider that as they have already began the “look at us social media campaign” prepping themselves for election campaigns.

So if you started this thread with compiling issues that needed fixing, you must have a master plan. Do you plan on having a meeting with the sheriff? What’s your plan of action besides compiling a list? Do you plan on going to the media? Do you plan on sharing it with us? Do you just plan on collecting stats(issues) and hoping he’ll be inspired to change? It’s tough to follow someone without direction.

You’d be amiss to think that some negativity would come out. Go talk to some people in other divisions personally and see what they say. A lot of them say the same things that are being posted. People are disgusted with this place and struggle to come to work everyday. Others come in and do the bare minimum and keep their head underground citing they want to be “under the radar”. I think we are trying to minimize what slandering comes out like the other threads, but you must take into account that this has been pent up for quite some time and everyone is tired of the lies and propaganda.

Perhaps you should expound on your plan for all of us who have been waiting for an opportunity to salvage this train wreck. Lists or stats are nice but you should back it up with a clear plan of action and not just fishing.

Case in point, we saw mentioning before of “pto is out of control”.

Which first of all, anyone who ever read a leadership book knows an increase use of pto or sick leave is a direct result of lack of leadership and accountability.

Secondly, anyone can play the numbers game.

Was there EVER any display or mention of specific people or divisions of the out of control pto? Nope. Was there ever a list of every employee and their assignment? No, there were generalizations only. OK so if I was in charge and made that claim, I’d show usage based on division, officer, etc.

I’d put a disclaimer of deputy A used so many hours but that deputy A was assigned to SRD and is off summer break, winter break, Thanksgiving break, spring break, school holiday, etc.

I’d say deputy B was off due to having 2 kids and used a bunch of UPTO because their kids were sick.

I’d say Sgt D took a bunch of time off because Sgt E was working.

I’d say Sgt F or Deputy G took off a bunch of time so they good work off duty details.

I’d say Deputy H was out on FMLA.

I’d say Deputy J has been here 20 years and had used minimal pto over 20 years and has “saved” or was denied pto over the years and so now they are using it.

I’d say Sgt K took off because Lt L allowed them too.

You probably get the picture. No names needed because we know examples of someone that probably fell into one or multiple categories.

Ironically, NONE of that was ever disclosed. I’d even go as far to disclose how many hours of off duty people worked in relation to their normal hours (oh snap!) just to keep things fair and transparent. Again, one would need to identify that a shift person could work a lot off off duty compared to someone assigned admin type schedules. But then again, policy enforcement only applies to certain people.

However, everyone was lumped together and told that we had too generous of a pto plan.

Why didn’t they put out a list with all those breakdowns? If they did they’d have to justify why all those supervisors allowed it all to happen.

Yes it sounds like a broken record but Leadership is what drives this place. I can’t change my supervisors, THEIR supervisors need to change them.