First Responder Suicide Prevention Campaign - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Amen to that! This, this right here may be the “spot on post” of the summer!
    No, you ignorant twit. That was a correction for a typo in the quoted post, stupid.

Unregistered
    No, you ignorant twit. That was a correction for a typo in the quoted post, stupid.
    Twit? What are you one of those British fags?

Unregistered
    Your paranoia and hate toward those who aren’t disgruntled and disloyal seems very extreme. Anyone who is disgruntled and disloyal is a blind loyal robot. Seeing things as extreme absolutes is a clear sign of mental instability. The kind of person living on the ragged edge, ready to snap at any moment. As far as citizens reading this board that you insinuate are stupid and naive so they’re the only ones fooled, I can assure you they are smarter than you think. They see you complain the office doesn’t provide mental health support, but then they see the sheriff going above and beyond with special efforts to support mental health. They know you’re either lying or suffering from some disconnect from reality. It’s safe to come home and embrace a positive outlook on the agency and society as a whole. It doesn’t have to be the us versus them mentality you’ve allowed to consume you. You will be welcomed back to the light with open arms. Come on back home.
    I understand your point. Read through these posts very carefully though. Although the content is similar, contrary to what you want to believe, there are a lot of people posting here with the same observations and concerns. We piggy back off of each others posts because we are in full agreement, but take note of the different tones of the different posts. They are from different people.

I particularly do not insult or threaten. I do not single anyone out. I blame the entire paradigm that had been allowed to evolve this far. There is no “us vs them”. That would imply that these conditions on patrol are intentional and malicious. I believe that we are not even a priority enough for it to be an “us vs them” environment. We are simply not on the radar unless there is a liability.

These trigger words you use, “Rage” and “hate” in order to creat a strawman argument is a childish move. Understand you are using an common debate tactic to refocus the argument on to defending myself from you’re accusations. The “So what your saying is....” tactic followed by you rephrasing the stated argument. Used to derail a topic or cause a distraction. Immature complainants do this to us all the time on non criminal complaint calls or crimes with no evidence to make an arrest. We tell them we can not act on something legally due to lack of evidence or whatever the case, and they angrily say something like, “So what you’re saying is.... cops don’t care about us ...”. The race card is a good example of this. All I see in all these “negative” posts on this forum is frustration and a few smart asss comments. No red flags, so stop being immature and catastrophizing.
    Notice when this happens, I reorient the thread at the end.

Unregistered
    Your paranoia and hate toward those who aren’t disgruntled and disloyal seems very extreme. Anyone who is disgruntled and disloyal is a blind loyal robot. Seeing things as extreme absolutes is a clear sign of mental instability. The kind of person living on the ragged edge, ready to snap at any moment. As far as citizens reading this board that you insinuate are stupid and naive so they’re the only ones fooled, I can assure you they are smarter than you think. They see you complain the office doesn’t provide mental health support, but then they see the sheriff going above and beyond with special efforts to support mental health. They know you’re either lying or suffering from some disconnect from reality. It’s safe to come home and embrace a positive outlook on the agency and society as a whole. It doesn’t have to be the us versus them mentality you’ve allowed to consume you. You will be welcomed back to the light with open arms. Come on back home.
    No matter how you spin it, we are short handed, over exposed, and over stimulated. Many have burned out or quit. Do you not work here? We are slammed! With no time to even think let alone do anything with quality.

Unregistered
    What has been done to preserve the mental health of deputies? Proactively and ongoing. NOT EAP. Not once the damage has been done.

How is this job made to be sustainable?

Its so bad out here that patrol is used as a punishment tool. Officers with bills, debit, mortgages, families, and kids, have chosen to resign and end up with no job before going back to patrol. If that does not speak volumes about the status of patrol, I don’t know what does.

Would you apply for a position at a company that is openly used to punish its employees?
    Even if that company offered EAP? Does that make any sense?

Unregistered
    What has been done to preserve the mental health of deputies? Proactively and ongoing. NOT EAP. Not once the damage has been done.

How is this job made to be sustainable?

Its so bad out here that patrol is used as a punishment tool. Officers with bills, debit, mortgages, families, and kids, have chosen to resign and end up with no job before going back to patrol. If that does not speak volumes about the status of patrol, I don’t know what does.

Would you apply for a position at a company that is openly used to punish its employees?
    Even if that company offered EAP? Does that make any sense?

Which brings up the question again, why are supervisors who screw up allowed back on patrol? Since patrol is the most stressed out place at this office, only the best supervisors should be there, in order to mitigate the stresses of patrol. Why do supervisor who screw up get forced out of their position, then assigned this important responsibility?

Unregistered
    Which brings up the question again, why are supervisors who screw up allowed back on patrol? Since patrol is the most stressed out place at this office, only the best supervisors should be there, in order to mitigate the stresses of patrol. Why do supervisor who screw up get forced out of their position, then assigned this important responsibility?
    Great point. Supervisors are the only buffer between us and how screwed up this agency is. There are many things they can not control, like how short handed we are, but they can make or brake us out here. Many ask why some of us are still here and do not quit. I have mentioned that by the time us frogs realized the pot had slowly been brought to a boil after a decade, its too late. Debit, mortgages, rent, bills, spouses, kids, and so on. I am still here because of my supervisors. Even the adjacent ones are great. Plenty have quit due to supervisors alone. successful companies run by real leaders, know these things as common knowledge. With simple concepts like, “People don't quit jobs, they quit people”.

Thats another problem with EAP. Once someone responds to it and chooses to truly go down the road of good mental health, this job is THE FIRST destructive stressor to be shed. Be careful with what EAP can creat if you want employees to stay. Once a person focuses on themselves, this job is over. Many have resigned after they chose to chase down the source of various stress symptoms through EAP, therapy, counseling, or whatever. This job should be run in a way where EAP is not required. By offsetting the unavoidable negative stressors.

Do we really have to spell out the little common sense things?

Unregistered
    Many have resigned after they chose to chase down the source of various stress symptoms through EAP, therapy, counseling, or whatever. This job should be run in a way where EAP is not required. By offsetting the unavoidable negative stressors.

Do we really have to spell out the little common sense things?
    You're a fukcing liar. Many have resigned after using EAP...not one single person has quit because they went to EAP. You pull these so-called facts out of your azz. You must live in a twisted fantasy world where you imagine these things happen because they don’t in the real world. This is the kind of schizophrenic freak that imagines god has anointed him the one to make things right in the universe so he feels compelled to shoot up a shopping mall. You clearly need something more intensive than EAP but at least that’s a start where you would hopefully get Baked Acted.

Unregistered

This might belong on a different thread, but is related to the above quote. Leaders help others succeed. There are a number of supervisors at this agency who won't help their subordinates succeed. Some supervisors actually stand in their subordinate's way of transfer/promotion, rather than helping them get there. That is a failure that reflects back on the supervisor.

The promotion list just came out. Many of the supervisors who didn't get promoted have done NOTHING to help their subordinates succeed. Then they wonder why they were passed over during this promotion cycle. What these supervisors don't realize is when your subordinates succeed, YOU SUCCEED. If a supervisor rarely has a subordinate get where they want to be, that supervisor won't be going anywhere anytime soon, and rightfully so.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast