First Responder Suicide Prevention Campaign - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I see the non Leo troll is back.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What I am saying is those who have verifiably been diagnosed with PTSD or other mental illness, as a result of this job, to the point the point they are a liability, should be allowed medical retirement.

Do you disagree? Would it be better to force them to continue too work as a LEO? Is the helpful to them? Is that helpful to the public. Does the HCSO accept that liability?

When the next LEO suicide from HCSO, or murder/suicide from HCSO occurs (we had 2 in 2 months), how can the Sheriff get on camera and say "The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office tried to help?"
    Damn good post. This is where fixing the agency needs to begin. At the mental health of the front line responders. The mission should be to prevent the long term trauma by any means. The prevention is simple and would also solve almost every problem associated with law enforcement officers.

“That officer.....”

Didn't care, blew me off, was in a rush, was rude, didn't take the time, was short with me, and so on.....

“That deputy...”

Is burned out, calls in sick, cuts corners, and so on....

Promoting and transferring as a self preservation mechanism to get away from the destructive stressor that is patrol. This puts poor supervisors in power.

Commanders quickly promoting family or connected deputies prematurely in order to take them off patrol to protect them from what I have mentioned.

Every problem starts there.

Start at patrol. Fully staff it if not more to reduce the exposure. Weed out all non leo calls that always end in arguments. A stressor for nothing. Stop sending us to represent another agency or business and using us as a liability buffer.

Literally every complaint on this board can be broken down and traced back to poor mental health conditions on the front lines.

At a minimum, if the agency did its part, bad apples would be easy to spot. As of now, everyone I work with is burned out and acting the part. This agency acts as if it opened its doors two weeks ago. It never learns. No one stays and no one masters this job.

Unregistered
    Damn good post. This is where fixing the agency needs to begin. At the mental health of the front line responders. The mission should be to prevent the long term trauma by any means. The prevention is simple and would also solve almost every problem associated with law enforcement officers.

“That officer.....”

Didn't care, blew me off, was in a rush, was rude, didn't take the time, was short with me, and so on.....

“That deputy...”

Is burned out, calls in sick, cuts corners, and so on....

Promoting and transferring as a self preservation mechanism to get away from the destructive stressor that is patrol. This puts poor supervisors in power.

Commanders quickly promoting family or connected deputies prematurely in order to take them off patrol to protect them from what I have mentioned.

Every problem starts there.

Start at patrol. Fully staff it if not more to reduce the exposure. Weed out all non leo calls that always end in arguments. A stressor for nothing. Stop sending us to represent another agency or business and using us as a liability buffer.

Literally every complaint on this board can be broken down and traced back to poor mental health conditions on the front lines.

At a minimum, if the agency did its part, bad apples would be easy to spot. As of now, everyone I work with is burned out and acting the part. This agency acts as if it opened its doors two weeks ago. It never learns. No one stays and no one masters this job.
    I’m confused by the doom and gloom posts like this. The people I know have no complaints this extreme. Everyone comes to work, works hard and has a little fun joking around here and there, then goes home and enjoys life. You make it sound like EVERYONE is stressed out but I don’t think that’s the case. Maybe EAP could help some people handle stress better?

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3051585...You make it sound like EVERYONE is stressed out but I don’t think that’s the case...[/QUOTE]

Son, your post was the 83rd post of on this thread. Did you not read the previous 82 posts before yours??

And did you not read the previous 1,934 threads on this board with, hundreds of posts on each of them??!!

Unregistered
    Son, your post was the 83rd post of on this thread. Did you not read the previous 82 posts before yours??

And did you not read the previous 1,934 threads on this board with, hundreds of posts on each of them??!!
    At least 70 of the posts in this thread are the same 2 or 3 mental weaklings, cowardly millennial snowflakes who need an emotional support animal in their car to feel safe from meanies. Even if every post in the thread was from a different weakling liberal, that’s still nowhere near “everyone”. Do you not see that, stupid?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    son, your post was the 83rd post of on this thread. Did you not read the previous 82 posts before yours??

bahahahahahahah mic drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    I’m confused by the doom and gloom posts like this. The people I know have no complaints this extreme. Everyone comes to work, works hard and has a little fun joking around here and there, then goes home and enjoys life. You make it sound like EVERYONE is stressed out but I don’t think that’s the case. Maybe EAP could help some people handle stress better?
    Thats how things used to be. Its far worse now. It will not be ignored. It will be mentioned. Even if its only on this small trivial site.

Unregistered
    At least 70 of the posts in this thread are the same 2 or 3 mental weaklings, cowardly millennial snowflakes who need an emotional support animal in their car to feel safe from meanies. Even if every post in the thread was from a different weakling liberal, that’s still nowhere near “everyone”. Do you not see that, stupid?
    Thats right. The message will keep getting refreshed as it should.

Unregistered
    The reason you are confused is because you are not in it for the long haul ON the front lines. If you are even a cop at all. This job is easy when you get off the front lines early on by connected favors. However, many of us know that the front line officers, the actual first responder positions, and essential high exposure detective positions all require mastery. The ones FIRST on scene or the one actually cleaning up the messes are the ones that need the conditions changed in order to last the entire career term.

For the people that worked patrol a few years and jumped into a cute detective position for a few more years before being promoted and moving up the chain, of course you love this job and you don't get it. You are on a completely different path.

The conditions that have been mentioned are from the point of view of the real long term cops and real tenured detectives. The long haulers that take the brunt of the exposure.

I been watching a long time and I see how things work here with pure clarity. You will not undermine me. I have facts and everything I say can be proven with numbers, stats, interviews, and so on.

Things need to change.

Also, there are more people posting here than you might like to think.

Unregistered
    There is no “doom and gloom”.
    That is an exaggeration to undermine our concerns.

These concerns, complaints, and recommendations come from officers that have been and will be taking the brunt of the exposure and being the actual first responders for three decades.

They are fair and feasible concerns. More deputies, more time, less exposure, and so on... How can that be spun as negative?

Anyone else, will absolutely not understand. Unless you recently retired or resigned from a front line position at this agency, you will not understand. If you have never been a cop, or a cop at this agency, you wont u understand. Unless the brunt of these high emotion cases stop with you, you will not understand.

Ill leave you with this. Patrol is still used as a punishment. That says it all. Also, at any meeting or any gathering with anyone over the rank of deputy or detective, what do they always say? “YOU guys sure are busy” or “I or we are aware of how busy YOU guys have been”. Interesting huh? Pretty much sums it up.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast