Jury Says Sheriff Got it Wrong
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Jury Says Sheriff Got it Wrong

The jury in the Michael Drejka trial found him guilty of manslaughter even though our great Sheriff Bob Gualtieri says that he should not even be charged because of the Stand Your Ground law. Thank you to the members of the jury for your outstanding service and use of common sense.

Unregistered
    https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...ground-shooter

“I didn’t get it wrong. I’m well aware of the standard of the (SYG) law," the sheriff added noting that many have protested his decision not to arrest Drejka. “I don’t make the (SYG) law and I do not do what people want because of outrage. If you do not like the (SYG) law, then change it.”

Sheriff Gualtieri did not arrest Drejka because the evidence that he examined but was not available to the public convinced him that Dejka acted within the SYG law. That's why he said if you don't like the law, change it.

The SAO however charged Drejka, which means that it disagreed with Sheriff Gualtieri's evaluation of the evidence in this case as it applies to the SYG law.

This is why the defense wanted to get Sheriff Gualtieri on the stand for cross-examination, so he could explain why he thought Drejka acted within the SYG law parameters.

Judge Bulone protected Sheriff Gualtieri from the public embarrassment of explaining his actions under oath as public record. Also his testimony may have created enough doubt in the minds of the jury to let Drejka walk, which would very likely resulted in riots. This would have destroyed Sheriff Gualtieri's political career.

Unregistered
    I love watching you idiots out here thinking you are arguing with James McLynas, candidate for sheriff. Here is a clue, you are not.

I'll just call you "Brownnose Bob Spinmaster"

You said "The shooting was July 19th. The warrant was issued August 14th. So if this was so solid of a case why did the SAO wait? Why not file an information the day it happened. Because even the SAO wasn’t sure."

The fact is that Gualtieri had a chance to spit it right up to the SAO and elected not to. He held the invest. Gualtieri himself even said "The easy thing, in some respects, would have been for me to arrest Drejka and kick it to the state attorney," Gualtieri said. Gualtieri held the invest and did not give it to Bernie until August 8, 2019, a full 20 days after the shooting. The SAO was waiting on Bobby's report. Once they had it, they issued the warrant in less than a week.

"If you don't like the fact that {Drejka's} not sitting jail, go talk to the legislature," Gualtieri said.

This was Bob's show and Bob's major screw up and it will come back to haunt him time and time again as it paints him as the racist he really is. This will be a major part of Bobby's legacy; the man that let the white murderer go home because he only shot a black man. Spin it all you want, but this entire national embarrassment to Pinellas County and Florida is not because a white guy shot a black guy over a parking spot. It is because a white-bread good old boy sheriff LET the white boy shoot the unarmed black guy and go home scott free.

Unregistered
    Sheriff is lucky the jury made the right decision. Would be one huge riot

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sheriff is lucky the jury made the right decision. Would be one huge riot
    Had Bob been forced to testify and Drejka walked as a result there would have been massive riots. Bob's political career would have been over. He should buy Judge Bulone dinners and drinks for life.

Unregistered
    A drug dealer is dead and a nutjob is behind bars. It turned out fine.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    I deleted 3 posts on this thread because 2 people couldn't play by the simple rules that I have laid out. Simply put, they both blamed posts on here a certain person that I have specifically said not to blame posts on and these posters keep doing it. I know for a fact that the person in question did not make either of the posts that they were accused of making.

I will take actions to get internet providers to stop these people from violating our rules, if this crap does not stop. This is the final warning about this.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/cr...ears-in-prison

"Spectrum Bay News 9 also reached out to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, which didn't originally charge Drejka and said he was standing his ground, and received this statement: "The process set forth in law was followed throughout this case and the system worked. We respect the jury's decision and thank the jurors for their service."

Unregistered
    https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/cr...ears-in-prison

"Spectrum Bay News 9 also reached out to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, which didn't originally charge Drejka and said he was standing his ground, and received this statement: "The process set forth in law was followed throughout this case and the system worked. We respect the jury's decision and thank the jurors for their service."
    I thought that the "process set forth in the law" requires that murderers be arrested and placed in jail after they shoot unarmed people so that they do not harm others.

Unregistered
    I thought that the "process set forth in the law" requires that murderers be arrested and placed in jail after they shoot unarmed people so that they do not harm others.
    After reviewing all the evidence his detectives collected Bob determined that Drejka acted within the SYG law in defending himself with deadly force. Therefore he did not see any need to arrest him.

The SAO reviewed the same evidence and determined that Drejka should be arrested and charged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast