Sorry Scott Social Media Crew you're not convincing anyone not even Grandma - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, you do not get it. Neither the Sheriff nor the school board, nor Runcie should have been removed. Runcie works for the school board and they are ultimately responsible for his actions or inactions, on their behalf.

What happened is that the BCSB chose NOT to spend a lot of money to prevent a mass school shooting, because they are statistically insignificant. Given the number of schools in the country and the number of school shootings, it is a statistically insignificant incident. So, the school board decided not to spend money on the security necessary to prevent it. With me so far? The Sheriff, who has no responsibility for security of the schools was certainly not going to spend the money to secure the schools. Got it? And, of course, the parents did not press for any security. After all, it couldn't happen here.

So along comes Cruz with his rifle. What little security the school system had in place failed, as he was seen by several people and no one notified the office. Even after the shooting began, no one issued a Red Alert, which would have locked down the classrooms, for several minutes. Dep. Peterson responds to Bldg 12 and chooses to wait for back-up, before entering. Whether he should have done that or not is debatable. But, immediate entry would not have saved any of the dead and wounded on the first floor. So, Cruz shoots up the third floor, tries to shoot out an upstairs window and is leaving before the third deputy arrives on campus. None of this is in dispute.

Now, the fun begins. The parents of the slain students and the media begin clamoring for someone in authority to be responsible and to be punished. And, somehow, the BCSB largely gets a pass on responsibility from these groups. It is decided early on that the Sheriff is going to be the scapegoat. When DeSantis is elected, he suspends Israel, but ignores the BCSB, who was actually responsible for the security at the school. Why? Because, there only needs to be ONE political scapegoat.

Now fast forward to today. The State of Florida convenes a commission to study what happened and to make recommendations to improve school security. the Legislature acts on those recommendations and passes laws setting minimum standards for campus security. And, guess what? They are almost identical to the security in place at MSDHS on the day of the shooting. That's right. No significant increase in security. Why is that, do you suppose? That is because effective security measures, which would stop a person from entering a school and shooting a large number of students, is very expensive. And, the chances of such an attack occurring are very, very low. So, no one wants to spend the money for it. In fact, some of the parents actively worked against instituting effective security measures.

The take away here is that no public official should have been suspended. They can certainly be sued civilly. And, the parents should have clambered for effective security measures to be instituted. That didn't happen, though. What happened is that the Sheriff gets suspended and now everyone feels safe and secure, though nothing has really changed.
    Please do keep blaming the parents for the deaths of their children and for the lack of safety in the schools. Mention it again and again. They'll remember that at voting time. Keep reminding that it all comes down to money and that parents don't care enough to support spending it. Don't forget to defend Runcie while your at it. You are an eloquent Roz Osgood. The day after the grand jury indicts the guilty at SBBC , hopefully all deputies will be reinstated with back pay working under a competent and courageous leader who states" The buck stops with ME."

Unregistered
    ck Scott says FBI won’t answer questions about mishandled tip on Parkland shooter
    Rick Scott says FBI won’t answer questions about mishandled tip on Parkland shooter
    By David Smiley
    August 09, 2019 04:14 PM, Updated 6 hours 29 minutes ago

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...233705667.html

Republican Florida Sen. Rick Scott is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to pry more information out of the FBI about how the agency failed to act on tips about a former Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student who killed 17 people in Parkland last year at his old school.

In the six months before the attack, the FBI received two tips warning that Nikolas Cruz was a school shooter in the making. One tip, phoned in to the FBI’s national call center by someone close to Cruz, offered alarming detail only weeks before the attack but was never forwarded to the FBI’s South Florida field office, as protocol required.

Scott, who was governor of Florida at the time of the Parkland shooting, has repeatedly pressed federal investigators for information about why the tips were mishandled and what the FBI has done to make sure it never happens again. When the FBI first acknowledged the missed tips, Scott demanded unsuccessfully that FBI Director Christopher Wray resign.

Now a U.S. senator, Scott wrote Thursday to Attorney General Bill Barr complaining that the FBI has withheld information from him and the parents of slain students and faculty.

“I urge you to seek answers from Director Wray that have been denied to the victims’ families and make sure these documented failures by his agency will never happen again,” Scott wrote.

A spokeswoman for the FBI wouldn’t comment Friday. The DOJ didn’t respond to a request for comment.

But in a July 30 letter responding to a request for information that Scott made back in April, Jill C. Tyson, the head of the FBI’s office of congressional affairs, explained that there had been some changes made by the agency. She said the agency has improved the call center staffing and improved safeguards to make sure that that all calls related to life-threatening issues and counter-terrorism are reviewed.

But Tyson wouldn’t tell Scott whether anyone had been disciplined as a result of the inaction on the Parkland tips, saying “due to significant privacy implications, the FBI cannot comment on personnel matters.”

Scott ripped Tyson’s explanation in his letter to Barr, saying the information the FBI is refusing to supply could be “a potentially life-saving act of accountability for the agency’s documented failures.”

“While I have the utmost respect for the men and women of the FBI, the agency’s response to my request is very disappointing,” he wrote.

Ryan Petty, whose daughter, Alaina Petty, was killed in the shooting, was among the Parkland parents who met with FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich in December 2018 to discuss what happened and how the FBI has tried to improve since then. He said the families “appreciated the opportunity to speak with the leadership of the FBI to really understand what happened,” but came away frustrated at some of what they heard.

“When I say that many of us left unsatisfied with the actions taken by the FBI, what I mean is that not all of those that were responsible for mishandling the tip [in January] were held accountable for the mistake,” Petty said Friday. “I’m not sure the leadership in the FBI held themselves accountable for it.”

Scott, in his letter Thursday to Barr, noted that the shooter who attacked Pulse nightclub in Orlando in 2016, killing 49 people, had also been on the FBI’s radar, as had the man who killed five people at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood airport the following year.

“I am sure you agree that these failures are inexcusable, and there must be accountability within the agency to make sure such grave lapses in the FBI’s core investigative function are corrected,” Scott wrote.
    Rick Scott sent FHP to MSD because he didn't trust the BSO administration to keep the campus safe. He didn't follow it up with a suspension because he is a coward. DeSantis may not have chosen the best interim, but at least he took action. Now he is cleaning up the schools. Rick Scott is irrelevant. DsSantis will be the Republican candidate for POTUS based on his clean up of the State of FL. Once he wins over the teachers with a fat raise, which he will, its OVER for the democrats.

Unregistered
    Please do keep blaming the parents for the deaths of their children and for the lack of safety in the schools. Mention it again and again. They'll remember that at voting time. Keep reminding that it all comes down to money and that parents don't care enough to support spending it. Don't forget to defend Runcie while your at it. You are an eloquent Roz Osgood. The day after the grand jury indicts the guilty at SBBC , hopefully all deputies will be reinstated with back pay working under a competent and courageous leader who states" The buck stops with ME."
    So, exactly WHO is responsible for the safety of the children in Broward County Schools? Do you really believe that if the parents of the 270,000 students in the schools demanded that the schools be secured so that a crazy person with a rifle can not walk onto campus and shoot the place up, the BCSB would not put such security in place, before the next election? I sincerely hope that the parents DO remember that they accepted the belief that a mass school shooting would never happen in Broward County in 2018. I hope that people understand that the school system, in fact the entire governmental structure of the state, does not want to spend the money to secure every school in the state. And, if you are waiting for the Grand Jury to indict the BCSB for the MSDHS shooting, you are going to be long dead before that happens. See, the School Board did not break any laws. They get to decide how they spend their money and a mass school shooting is such a low probability incident, that they had no mandate to take efficient steps to prevent one. Now, some of the employees of MSDHA violated school policy. They were disciplined, more or less, by the Board, for that. And, there is NO evidence that the school board knowingly allowed these violations of policy to occur.

Now, once again, Sheriff Israel did not do anything or allow any conditions to exist which allowed the shooting to happen. Cruz committed no crimes which would have resulted in his incarceration for life. Even if committed for mental problems he would not have been incarcerated for life. And, even if he was charged with a felony and convicted, there is nothing that would have kept him from obtaining the same weapon on the black market. Criminals do that all the time. So, once again, the establishment needed a scapegoat. There is no way that they can afford to secure the schools. They do not want to have to spend that kind of money on a recurring basis. And, they do not want to assume the liability. So, suspend the Sheriff, put some feel good security standards into law [the same standards which existed at MSDHS on the day of the shooting] and let everything get back to normal. After all, the chances of another mass school shooting occurring in Florida are extremely low. If the voters are satisfied with the existing status quo, that id fine. But, if another mass school shooting occurs and is not stopped, that is on their heads.

You make the mistake that I am supporting any candidate for Sheriff. I'm not. I do not want Israel back in office. He was generally incompetent. But, that is not unusual for the Broward Sheriff's Office. The leadership of the agency has been going downhill for 25 years, as it continues to grow. It is a huge agency [5500 employees, $900 million dollar a year budget] which has three very different missions [law enforcement; detention and court services; and firefighting and medical rescue]. It is going to take a very savvy, experienced CEO to manage that. And, there is simply no one on the horizon who is running for the office who is qualified to run it.

Unregistered
    So, exactly WHO is responsible for the safety of the children in Broward County Schools? Do you really believe that if the parents of the 270,000 students in the schools demanded that the schools be secured so that a crazy person with a rifle can not walk onto campus and shoot the place up, the BCSB would not put such security in place, before the next election? I sincerely hope that the parents DO remember that they accepted the belief that a mass school shooting would never happen in Broward County in 2018. I hope that people understand that the school system, in fact the entire governmental structure of the state, does not want to spend the money to secure every school in the state. And, if you are waiting for the Grand Jury to indict the BCSB for the MSDHS shooting, you are going to be long dead before that happens. See, the School Board did not break any laws. They get to decide how they spend their money and a mass school shooting is such a low probability incident, that they had no mandate to take efficient steps to prevent one. Now, some of the employees of MSDHA violated school policy. They were disciplined, more or less, by the Board, for that. And, there is NO evidence that the school board knowingly allowed these violations of policy to occur.

Now, once again, Sheriff Israel did not do anything or allow any conditions to exist which allowed the shooting to happen. Cruz committed no crimes which would have resulted in his incarceration for life. Even if committed for mental problems he would not have been incarcerated for life. And, even if he was charged with a felony and convicted, there is nothing that would have kept him from obtaining the same weapon on the black market. Criminals do that all the time. So, once again, the establishment needed a scapegoat. There is no way that they can afford to secure the schools. They do not want to have to spend that kind of money on a recurring basis. And, they do not want to assume the liability. So, suspend the Sheriff, put some feel good security standards into law [the same standards which existed at MSDHS on the day of the shooting] and let everything get back to normal. After all, the chances of another mass school shooting occurring in Florida are extremely low. If the voters are satisfied with the existing status quo, that id fine. But, if another mass school shooting occurs and is not stopped, that is on their heads.

You make the mistake that I am supporting any candidate for Sheriff. I'm not. I do not want Israel back in office. He was generally incompetent. But, that is not unusual for the Broward Sheriff's Office. The leadership of the agency has been going downhill for 25 years, as it continues to grow. It is a huge agency [5500 employees, $900 million dollar a year budget] which has three very different missions [law enforcement; detention and court services; and firefighting and medical rescue]. It is going to take a very savvy, experienced CEO to manage that. And, there is simply no one on the horizon who is running for the office who is qualified to run it.
    I apologize again, I’m sick
    Again, I apologize for my last response. Please remember I’m sick and still have mental problems. I know what DeSantis did was terrible and Scott Israel truly deserves to regain his position back. I will be voting on Sheriff Israel and I will confess to my family and friends that I made another mistake. By the way my family and friends came offer to my trailer last night and did a intervention along with a professional therapist. It’s gonna be ok but will take sometime. If I happen to write anything else please ignore it and forgive me. My wife and kids left me but I’m still going to stay at the trailer park until I get kicked out. Anyone knows of any homeless shelter I can stay? I also just lost my job cutting grass so if you see me on a intersection please give me food. Scott Israel, I love you and I vote for you to be Sheriff.

Unregistered
    Again, I apologize for my last response. Please remember I’m sick and still have mental problems. I know what DeSantis did was terrible and Scott Israel truly deserves to regain his position back. I will be voting on Sheriff Israel and I will confess to my family and friends that I made another mistake. By the way my family and friends came offer to my trailer last night and did a intervention along with a professional therapist. It’s gonna be ok but will take sometime. If I happen to write anything else please ignore it and forgive me. My wife and kids left me but I’m still going to stay at the trailer park until I get kicked out. Anyone knows of any homeless shelter I can stay? I also just lost my job cutting grass so if you see me on a intersection please give me food. Scott Israel, I love you and I vote for you to be Sheriff.
    You are unable to pull off posing as the opposing poster; who disagreed with you, because you are barely literate. The campaign for the suspended Sheriff hasn't been able to recruit posters with command of the English language. However, you do represent the spirit of an Israel supporter. Here's how you can help! It would be a good idea to approach your pastor and suggest that he contribute ALL donations to the church to Scott's campaign, from now until November 2020. Every cent that goes into the collection plate on Sunday's. Remember it's God's money, not yours. Today would be a good day to make this request. Show and prove just how much you want your Sheriff back. Have a blessed day.

Unregistered
    You are unable to pull off posing as the opposing poster; who disagreed with you, because you are barely literate. The campaign for the suspended Sheriff hasn't been able to recruit posters with command of the English language. However, you do represent the spirit of an Israel supporter. Here's how you can help! It would be a good idea to approach your pastor and suggest that he contribute ALL donations to the church to Scott's campaign, from now until November 2020. Every cent that goes into the collection plate on Sunday's. Remember it's God's money, not yours. Today would be a good day to make this request. Show and prove just how much you want your Sheriff back. Have a blessed day.

Unregistered
    say "uncle"

waiting........

Unregistered
    These people with Israel Derangement Syndrome just do not get the point.

Look, Israel had significant problems as Sheriff. I certainly never voted for the guy. And I wouldn't vote him back in. But, that does not detract from the fact that he was suspended solely to provide a scapegoat for the MDSHS shooting incident. No other elected official was suspended, even those who had direct responsibility for the security at the school. The whole point is that Scott Israel was unjustly suspended to make people feel good. The fact is that no elected official should have been suspended and no one should have been criminally charged, except the shooter. The reason for this is because mass school shootings are such low probability events, that most schools and school districts do not feel that spending the money necessary to effectively defend against such an attack is warranted.

The problem is that after a year and all the political hullabaloo about making things safer for the students, the state mandated school security procedures are almost exactly what were in place at MSDHS on the day of the shooting. See the problem? Making the sheriff the scapegoat and suspending him was nothing more that a means for political payback and a way to divert attention from a problem that no one wanted to address, the lack of security in Florida schools.

If the residents of Broward County and the parents of Broward County schoolchildren are happy ith that, then this is fine. But, Israel should never have been suspended for the reasons stated by the Governor.

Unregistered
    These people with Israel Derangement Syndrome just do not get the point.

Look, Israel had significant problems as Sheriff. I certainly never voted for the guy. And I wouldn't vote him back in. But, that does not detract from the fact that he was suspended solely to provide a scapegoat for the MDSHS shooting incident. No other elected official was suspended, even those who had direct responsibility for the security at the school. The whole point is that Scott Israel was unjustly suspended to make people feel good. The fact is that no elected official should have been suspended and no one should have been criminally charged, except the shooter. The reason for this is because mass school shootings are such low probability events, that most schools and school districts do not feel that spending the money necessary to effectively defend against such an attack is warranted.

The problem is that after a year and all the political hullabaloo about making things safer for the students, the state mandated school security procedures are almost exactly what were in place at MSDHS on the day of the shooting. See the problem? Making the sheriff the scapegoat and suspending him was nothing more that a means for political payback and a way to divert attention from a problem that no one wanted to address, the lack of security in Florida schools.

If the residents of Broward County and the parents of Broward County schoolchildren are happy ith that, then this is fine. But, Israel should never have been suspended for the reasons stated by the Governor.
    apologize again, I’m sick

Unregistered
    I love you too. Try to stay alive until Nov 2020. Eat out of some garbage cans till then. Hold up a sign on election day that says " I need a ride to the nearest polling station." I'll have one of my nearest and dearest pick you up. Don't worry about how you smell, i'll love you just the way you are. As long as you can hold a pencil and fill in a bubble next to my name, then I want to be your best friend and maybe I can find you a position in the agency. I have experience with mentally ill people that I promise jobs to. No worries. I will lead you like a lion and I might even let you carry my golf bag some day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast