Ethics Complaint against Sheriff Carmine Marceno
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Ethics Complaint against Sheriff Carmine Marceno

Former Lee County Sheriff files ethics complaint against Sheriff Carmine Marceno

Posted: 10:56 PM, Aug 19, 2019 Updated: 11:22 PM, Aug 19, 2019

By: WFTX Digital Team

LEE COUNTY, Fla. — Former Lee County Sheriff Rodney Shoap filed a formal complaint against Carmine Marceno.

The complaint was mailed via registered mail to the Florida Commission on Ethics about an investigation conducted by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The complaint outlines abuse of power in the case of Deanna Williams and other women that Sheriff Marceno has sought to pressure into sexual relationships.

We are continuing to get more information on this breaking news as we receive it.

Unregistered
    Rod Shoap filed a ethics complaint, really? The guy that was paying his secretary VanBibber $80,000 and going to her condo while working. Walk in wearing a suit, walk out wearing his briefs. So stupid!

Unregistered

Leavens lost my vote

I was considering voting for Leavens until I saw Rod Shoap endorsed him and THEN entangled himself with this story. I couldn't believe he accepted Shoap's endorsement after bashing him for years but jumping on this story involving a woman the sheriff was involved in his personal life. I was one of the last to keep an open mind Jim but you lost me.

Unregistered
    Jim is a scumbag! Shoap considered ius May Tag repairmen!

Unregistered
    Fort Myers News Press, November 14th, 2001 - “Shoap’s visits to aide raises questions” Lynda Van Bibber affair.

Fort Myers News Press “Turkey of the Year, Sheriff Rod Shoap” award winner for 2003 and 2004.

Fort Myers News Press, November 5th, 2003, “Shoap sorry after fuss over uniform”. Loaned uniform for Halloween costume.

During term as Sheriff of Lee County from 2000-2004, Rod Shoap referred to deputies as MayTag repairmen.

Fort Myers News Press, March 11th, 2004, Campaign door had charges dropped, Dismissal of Lee County DUI case called into question. Donors charges dropped at direction of Rod Shoap.

Naples Daily News, August 26th, 2008, “Sheriff Scott crushes former boss in a Lee blowout” 90% to 10%, Rod Shoap moves from area.

Fox 4 News, May 7th, 2019, Jim Leavens endorsed by former Lee County Sheriff Rod Shoap.

Fox 4 News, August 19th, 2019, Ex-sheriff Rod Shoap files ethics complaint against Sheriff Carmine Marceno.

Anyone see a trend here? Rod Shoap is pissed off at Mike Scott that requested Carmine Marceno to be appointed as Lee County Sheriff. Rod Shoap’s own words, “ I have never met him”.

Unregistered

Lu Lu Leavens

Lu Lu Leavens and Freaky Forrest are sweet on each other.

Unregistered

Lu lu

Get shoap in there for a 3 way I hear he plays on the boys team very well

Unregistered

No basis for complaints

FDLE stated there is no basis for action.

Unregistered

Questions remain

Why the continuous request for information ?

Unregistered

No biggie

Always something

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast