I'm a cop and I was stopped by FHP (post your stories here)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Exclamation I'm a cop and I was stopped by FHP (post your stories here)

• Speed limit on a four-lane highway was 45 mph.
    • Citizens lobbied commissioners to reduce it to 30 mph, so it was (unbeknownst to me).
    • While driving to a party off-duty in my POV at 1700 hours, I drove 60 mph in the 45 mph zone and got pulled over by a trooper.
    • Red Flag #1: The trooper conducted a felony stop e.g. on the bullhorn: step out of the car, walk backwards towards me, etc.
    • Red Flag #2: When he saw my badge, he started emotionally/angrily screaming: "C'mon man! Give us a hand! Bla blaaa blaaaaa blap bla..."
    • Either shut up and give me a ticket or let me go. Save your screaming for football games. No citation was issued, but his "emotional screaming" was unprofessional.

Unregistered
    Sounds like If you did 45 or less you be fine... situational awareness for posted speed limit signs. I’ll give you a break but now your wasting my time when I could be looking for illegal activity from another stop.

Unregistered
    Shut your pie hole, you little *****! You were speeding in your personal vehicle, you got caught and no I do not believe the trooper conducted a felony stop on you just for speeding. Obviously you have nothing better to do, low life! If you are a real cop, it's bad enough we have politicians and the public attacking us without you coming on here airing out your self-inflicted traffic stop against a brother LEO.

Unregistered
    While driving to a LE seminar in North Florida, my partner was driving my unmarked car on the interstate. He was pulled over for speeding 86 mph in a 70 zone. As the trooper pulled up behind us, I activated the emergency lights, so then the trooper pulled up alongside of us to question the driver. Here was the exchange:

TROOPER: "I pulled you over for going 86 in a 70. Why are you speeding?"

DRIVER: "I wasn't paying attention."

TROOPER: "Then you ought not be driving."

The trooper was snarky and belittling. No ticket was issued, but it was an overall weird experience.

Whenever I pull over a cop, I show courtesy and respect (not snarky condescending lectures). Cops are adults, so I:
    (1) spare them ridiculous lectures
    (2) that will not do any good
    (3) and will just piss them off.

I'm always polite, but that's just me.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    • Speed limit on a four-lane highway was 45 mph.
    • Citizens lobbied commissioners to reduce it to 30 mph, so it was (unbeknownst to me).
    • While driving to a party off-duty in my POV at 1700 hours, I drove 60 mph in the 45 mph zone and got pulled over by a trooper.
    • Red Flag #1: The trooper conducted a felony stop e.g. on the bullhorn: step out of the car, walk backwards towards me, etc.
    • Red Flag #2: When he saw my badge, he started emotionally/angrily screaming: "C'mon man! Give us a hand! Bla blaaa blaaaaa blap bla..."
    • Either shut up and give me a ticket or let me go. Save your screaming for football games. No citation was issued, but his "emotional screaming" was unprofessional.
    Shut your pie hole, you little **** I do not believe the trooper conducted a felony stop on you just for speeding.
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. There is no need to become emotional over speeding or internet posts.

Unregistered
    Your mom is s cop who was stopped by FHP...

Unregistered
    Lmao, love these trolls and you all follow his lead. Obviously this is an idiot who has a bone to pick with FHP because he couldn't make it or got fired.

Let it come : ' I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU, I DO REAL POLICE WORK, I HAVE A SWAT TEAM, OR IM JUST A PUNK WHO GOT HIS APPLICATION REJECTED'

Pure comedy.

Unregistered
    Lmao, love these trolls and you all follow his lead. Obviously this is an idiot who has a bone to pick with FHP because he couldn't make it or got fired.

Let it come : ' I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU, I DO REAL POLICE WORK, I HAVE A SWAT TEAM, OR IM JUST A PUNK WHO GOT HIS APPLICATION REJECTED'

Pure comedy.
    Make it as a trooper are you kidding me. No one can make it as a trooper making 35 grand a year unless you work a lot of off duty.

If someone got rejected from Fhp and got hired by another police agency then getting there application rejected was the best thing that ever happened to them. Fhp is known to hire bottom of the barrel. All the people who can make it at another agency leave as soon as they can.

Unregistered
    Make it as a trooper are you kidding me. No one can make it as a trooper making 35 grand a year unless you work a lot of off duty.

If someone got rejected from Fhp and got hired by another police agency then getting there application rejected was the best thing that ever happened to them. Fhp is known to hire bottom of the barrel. All the people who can make it at another agency leave as soon as they can.
    Sir, you're mom got rejected by FHP.

Unregistered
    Sir, you're mom got rejected by FHP.
    Typical response from a trooper who is a stuck at FHP because he or she can’t get hired any where else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast