Why no records? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no records?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It was a .38 revolver. He was cleaning it, which is probably what many of you keyboard warriors don’t do. After cleaning it, he loaded it and wiped it off with a rag. The rag caught the exposed hammer, ****ing it. He dropped the hammer but had some pressure on the trigger, causing the hammer to drop, causing the firing pin to hit the primer, causing the powder in the cartridge to explode which caused the projectile to wander down the barrel, being spun by lands and grooves in the rifling, causing said projectile to hit flesh.

When you de-**** revolvers there is a piece that blocks the hammer if you release pressure, called a hammer block. If you have any pressure on the trigger, even if you lightly drop the hammer, it’s probably going to discharge. The short barreled .38’s are short enough that part of his hand got in front of the barrel.

In short, it could have happened to anyone. We’ve had many AD’s over the years, it happens.

He completed remedial training and moved on with his life, something you seem to have trouble with I see?
    Can I tell you how unlikely that is? Gosh let’s see. Why would the hammer be ****ed to begin with? It takes significant pressure to pull the hammer back. Because I don’t know how else you would have an “exposed hammer”. And he had pressure on the trigger?!?! Listen whatever your name is, that line may have worked on your priest, but that’s total crap. There is only one way a .38 fires when the hammer is back and that’s called pulling the trigger. Why would the hammer even be back??? You clean it, you load it, you close it. Why would you **** the trigger? Hell you can pull the hammer back half way and drop it and it won’t fire. It’s not a firing pin like on a Glock. It has to have sufficient force. A rag and slight pressure on the trigger. Hahahaha Hahahahahahaha. You know drunk at a party would have actually made sense. Can’t believe someone bought that line.

And I have NEVER heard of ANYONE having an AD with a revolver where they shot their own hand. He’s a liar and a conman. Good luck conning that LT bar onto your shoulder without Daddy 1 or Daddy 2 here to help you. Must suck having the same odds as us normal people.

Didn’t someone slap you/him in a bar once? Real tough guy.

Unregistered
    Yeah, it takes a LOT of "accidental" force to pull a standard .38 revolver hammer back. No way rubbing it with a rag is going to do that. Second, you know it's loaded, you know the hammer is back and you know that this is when a revolver is at its most dangerous point, so you put your finger on the trigger and your other hand in front of the barrell? Maybe someone that's never held a gun might do that. Or someone really drunk.

Unregistered
    Someone drunk, stupid and immature at a party acting like an idiot. Someone who still gets drunk, acts stupid and is immature at parties. This guy would be a disaster as a lieutenant. Hell he’s a disaster as a sergeant.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In short, it could have happened to anyone. We’ve had many AD’s over the years, it happens.
    You could have just ended there, in short. I hear that’s accurate. We have had many AD’s. AD from an ACD into a microwave while drunk. AD’s into trunks. But I can’t remember any AD’s where someone shot them selves in the hand like that.

He completed remedial training and moved on with his life, something you seem to have trouble with I see?
    I would have loved to see that remedial training.

“Alright Dean, lets go over it again. When the bullets are in the round thing and you close it, the bullets can go bang. So don’t put your hand or any part of your body by the open hole at the end because that’s where the bullet comes out. The bullet comes out really fast and can hurt you. When you clean it make sure it is empty. That means the bullets are not in the gun. They should be somewhere else. But when the bullets are in it don’t play with the hammer or the trigger. It can make the gun go off. Now we just got the odor of Southern Comfort and Wine Coolers off the gun. Please take better care of it this time. And don’t shoot yourself again.”

Who needs remedial training on how not to shoot your own hand? That guy and he’s trying to be a LT. Wow!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12