Credible Sources Confirm Florida Senate Will Get 100 % Republican Votes - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Totally agree, Scott Israel will win in Broward County. He has everyone backing him especially because he was simply a fall guy. DeSantis shot from his girly hips and he will lose his next election for that. He's already proven incompetent from the last article I read. Broward County wants Israel back and all DeSantis can do is watch him come back. If I were Scott, I would go after DeSantis and
    Sue his ass. Scott Israel for Sheriff.
    Ok; have your Sheriff back. Spend the rest of your career with your agency known only as " The Broward Cowards" You will NEVER shake that label unless he is out of BSO.

Lots of issues with GT but public image matters. While his decisions are internally unpopular, he is respected by the community with the exception of a few baptist churches and senior communities who will be senile by 2020 anyway. One term of GT is better than one more day of working under a nationally known coward.

Unregistered
    Wow, you really do not get it.

The most important thing to remember about this whole thing is that Israel was NOT responsible for security at the school. That was the sole responsibility of the BCSB. The school board and its employees were directly responsible for allowing Cruz to enter the campus with a firearm and did not notify the office or the Sheriff's Office until after Cruz had already opened fire. A sane person would expect that the people directly responsible for the lapses which led to the shooting would be held responsible. Yet, this is not what happened. The BCSB was not suspended and its employees were not charged with felony crime, or any crimes at all for their negligence. Instead, Sheriff Israel was suspended for some vague lapses which occurred after the shooting occurred and which had no proven effect on the outcome of the incident. Dep. Peterson was charged with wholly ridiculous crimes which will more than likely be dismissed prior to trial. And, he was so charged just two weeks before Israel's Senate hearing on his suspension. Suspicious timing there. If this does not reek of a political hit job, then I have never seen one before.

Now, it seems that you subscribe to the philosophy that it is perfectly alright to take action against a person, who is essentially innocent of the claimed wrongdoing, if it sends a message to others. I hope you remember that when the same thing happens to you, because it is politically expedient. The problem with that precedent is that this opens the door to a governor suspending any politician with whom he disagrees or for personal political purposes. That is why it has not usually been used unless an elected politician is under arrest or indictment. And, oiof course there is the obvious question of why Israel was not simply recalled? All it would have taken was the filing of the recall petition and a vote of the county residents for his recall and that would have been that. But, no petition was ever filed. I wonder why not? Perhaps because there wee not enough voters who even wanted to vote on Israel's recall?

The BCSB has had over a year to correct the huge security holes that exist in its schools. It has done literally nothing to correct that. It is only now blaming Runcie because the Commission is making noises about it. It did not fire Runcie after the MSDHS shootings. It did not order Runcie to take steps to adequately secure the schools. It, essentially, did NOTHING to make the schools safer for the students for over a year and is doing nothing this year, either. After the dust settles from this current brouhaha, it will be back to mismanagement as usual, in the Broward County school system. No meaningful security enhancements.
    You seem to think that two things can't be true at once.

#1 Scott Israel failed.
    #2 The BCSB failed.

Yes, action should be taken agaisnt BCSB but that doesn't excuse Scott Israel.

Unregistered
    Ok; have your Sheriff back. Spend the rest of your career with your agency known only as " The Broward Cowards" You will NEVER shake that label unless he is out of BSO.

Lots of issues with GT but public image matters. While his decisions are internally unpopular, he is respected by the community with the exception of a few baptist churches and senior communities who will be senile by 2020 anyway. One term of GT is better than one more day of working under a nationally known coward.
    Ill take being a coward. I hate Temporary. And from what I've seen thus far, he has the ability to stain us even worse than Israel. He's garbage.

Unregistered
    You seem to think that two things can't be true at once.

#1 Scott Israel failed.
    #2 The BCSB failed.

Yes, action should be taken agaisnt BCSB but that doesn't excuse Scott Israel.
    Both could be true. But, what you people with IDS suffer from is tunnel vision. If Israel, who was not responsible for security at Broward County schools, can be suspended for the fact that the BCSB failed to secure the campus and that its employees failed to notify the office, via radio, that Cruz, whom they were familiar with, was on campus with a "bag" which was obviously a rifle case, then why wasn't the School Board subjected to the same fate? If Peterson can be charged with multiple counts of child neglect, which requires that he be in loco parentis [something that has been ruled to the contrary in other cases] then why were the school personnel, acting in a security capacity, who the courts have ruled ARE acting in loco parentis, not charged, when they failed to notify the office when they saw Cruz with the rifle case?

The problem is that the suspension of Israel was nothing but a political stunt to appease certain DeSantis supporters. And, other, more egregious violators, the BCSB, were given a pass. Also, the action taken was historically very unusual. And, the charging of Peterson is an obvious political action [only one of the charges has a chance of seeing the inside of a court room] designed to influence the Florida Senate right before Israel's hearing before that body.

If Israel was suspended, then the BCSB should have been suspended. But, all anyone wanted was a scapegoat. And, Israel was elected by the political establishment to fulfill that role.

Unregistered
    Both could be true. But, what you people with IDS suffer from is tunnel vision. If Israel, who was not responsible for security at Broward County schools, can be suspended for the fact that the BCSB failed to secure the campus and that its employees failed to notify the office, via radio, that Cruz, whom they were familiar with, was on campus with a "bag" which was obviously a rifle case, then why wasn't the School Board subjected to the same fate? If Peterson can be charged with multiple counts of child neglect, which requires that he be in loco parentis [something that has been ruled to the contrary in other cases] then why were the school personnel, acting in a security capacity, who the courts have ruled ARE acting in loco parentis, not charged, when they failed to notify the office when they saw Cruz with the rifle case?

The problem is that the suspension of Israel was nothing but a political stunt to appease certain DeSantis supporters. And, other, more egregious violators, the BCSB, were given a pass. Also, the action taken was historically very unusual. And, the charging of Peterson is an obvious political action [only one of the charges has a chance of seeing the inside of a court room] designed to influence the Florida Senate right before Israel's hearing before that body.

If Israel was suspended, then the BCSB should have been suspended. But, all anyone wanted was a scapegoat. And, Israel was elected by the political establishment to fulfill that role.
    You keep typing but you really don't get it.

BCSB failed.
    Scott Israel failed.

Just because they didn't go after the BCSB doesn't mean what happened to Scott Israel was wrong. Saying it was nothing but politics is just your opinion.

If there is a petition somewhere to recall or suspend the Broward County School Board let me know and I'll sign it.

Unregistered

BCSB failed.
    Scott Israel failed.

Just because they didn't go after the BCSB doesn't mean what happened to Scott Israel was wrong. Saying it was nothing but politics is just your opinion.

If there is a petition somewhere to recall or suspend the Broward County School Board let me know and I'll sign it.
    Why wait for a recall petition? No one waited for a recall petition before Israel was suspended. According to you there is no difference between the responsibility of Israel and the BCSB, yet the Board gets a pass. WTF??? Again, Israel could have been recalled. But he wasn't. Historically, Sheriffs, in Florida, only get suspended from office if under arrest or indictment and sometimes not even then. But, this case s different. The MSDHS parents wanted a scapegoat. The Broward County Democrat establishment wanted a scapegoat. The news media wanted a scapegoat. And, who better thn the toad sheriff, Scott Israel?

I am not the one who does not get it. You are. The Israel suspension was NOTHING BUT POLITICS. If it was done solely on the basis or "responsibility", then the same fate would have befallen the BCSB , If Peterson was charged with all of these felonies for his lack of action, why were none of the school employees likewise charged? Because, IT WAS NOTHING BUT POLITICS. You might not like that, but it is the truth. Israel was the scapegoat, the sacrificial lamb. When you allow politics to overrule common sense and the law then you end up with a double justice system, where some pigs are more equal than others.

Unregistered

which makes you wonder why law enforcement is not at school board meetings making this exact point. want to get something done, you need to make some noise and get the media on it. how about some retirees? anyone? we'd all be better off without runcie and his school board. teachers,parents, some LE, lets get in there and clean this house. it doesn't matter who the sheriff is, or will be, when this trash (runcie,osgood) is running the show and has all of us under their thumb

Unregistered
    which makes you wonder why law enforcement is not at school board meetings making this exact point. want to get something done, you need to make some noise and get the media on it. how about some retirees? anyone? we'd all be better off without runcie and his school board. teachers,parents, some LE, lets get in there and clean this house. it doesn't matter who the sheriff is, or will be, when this trash (runcie,osgood) is running the show and has all of us under their thumb
    Why should LE go to school board meetings and cause a commotion? Virtually all the LEAs, in Broward County, are controlled by Democrat politicians, just like the school board. And the LEOs who work for them learn quickly to stay out of politics, if you don't want to end up working in McDonalds. Teachers, the same.

The media heavily back liberal Democrat politics and policies in this county. No help there.

Parents are clueless. They do not want to think that their children live in a world where such things as mass school shootings are possible. let alone occur. And, most of the parents in Broward County are liberal Democratic wienies. If you want change, your best bet is to move out of the county altogether.

Unregistered

I’ll yale a bad label over getting arrested for nothing any day of the week.

Unregistered

BCSB failed.
    Scott Israel failed.

The moderators have not posted my last response to this, so I'll try again.

I'm not the one who fails to get it. What happened to Israel WAS wrong. If both the Sheriff and the BCSN failed, then both should have been suspended. The suspension of Israel was nothing more than a political move to create a scapegoat and pay off a political debt.

Neither Israel nor any of his deputies FAILED to stop either the FLHIA or MSDHS shooter. In the first place, neither the Sheriff nor any of his deputies knew that any threat existed, until the shooting started. And, even if Dep.Peterson had rushed through the doors to Bldg 12, immediately encountered Cruz and killed him, we would still have 11 dead and 10 injured. The Sheriff's office did not have a responsibility for security at MSDHS, the BCSB did. I have already outlined all of the security failures which the BCSN and its employees committed at MSDHS. Yet, no member of the BCSB was suspended, Runcie was not fired and no school employee was charged with a crime. In other words, there exists a two-tiered justice system in Broward County and apparently some pigs are are equal than others. And, again, to my knowledge, NO Florida Sheriff has ever been suspended from office unless under arrest or indictment. So, in my opinion. Israel should not have been suspended.

Recall petition? Where was the call to wait for a recall petition and election on Israel? If the voters of Broward County wished to remove Israel from office, they could have recalled him. But, that didn't happen. To be fair, DeSantis should immediately have suspended the entire BCSB and appointed another board. But that did not happen, did it? Why not? Because the political establishment needed a scapegoat. So, Israel gets hosed and everybody is happy. Except for Israel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast